It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Statistics Show Major Reduction in Violent Crime Rates, Massive conspiracy hidden at home?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Source..

Did you know that according to official FBI and U.S. Department of Justice reports, the rates of violent crime in the U.S. are now at their lowest level in 40 years? Did you know that violent crime rates of 2010 were 1/3 the rates of 1994? Other countries are experiencing a similar decline. And deaths of law enforcement officers are at their lowest in 50 years according to this Boston Globe article. What inspiring news!!! Yet I'm amazed at how little media attention this is drawing.

Hmm, is that true? Does anyone else not believe this? There was nothing like Detroit in 1994.

I wonder what the real crime rate is. I have feeling their not releasing the real statistics. I wonder how that would change our view of our society if people really knew what was going on with our crime rates and the amount of gangs and mafia type of criminals running things the American people would freak out. So the people in the know repress that information while they underhandedly try and fight it, or figure something out, or make plans?

I mean whats going on here at home that we can't see.....

Come on guys, wake up already please.
edit on 20-9-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Everybody is locked up. After 40 years of this police state most of the criminal class is in jail. That's likely the reason, if it is true, for any crime statistical reduction. The old criminals are dying out or incarcerated.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Wow, interesting train of thought... damn, that makes you have to think. Why do we have so many damn criminals?

I wonder what the crime rates are for this country from start till current on some sort of chart.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Id like to compare on a chart with other statistics,population rates, amount of laws introduced, cultural change information.
edit on 20-9-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

What were the gun laws in Detroit back in 1994? I think that has something to do with it.

In general the rest of the country has seen a decrease in violent crime which just happens to coincide with an increase in CCW permits for the general populace. Those are just the statistics.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

With more than 60% of the population being religious and increasing propaganda that their saviors are about to return it doesnt supprise me for everyone to be on their best behavior.

As long as that illusion lasts.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The violent crime rate tends to go down when the air we breathe and the water we drink are saturated with chemicals that induce docile behavior.

Well, that and an education system and popular culture that shoves obedience to the state down our throats all day long. With the amount of laws Americans are living under, breaking fewer of them and with less frequency is probably a bad sign of complacency and/or hopeless brainwashedness.
edit on 9/20/13 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

onequestion

Other countries are experiencing a similar decline.
Yet I'm amazed at how little media attention this is drawing.

Good news doesnt sell newspapers.
Its the job of the media to spread sensationalist fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

First hand info here. I have been in law enforcement for about seven years now and it is getting WORSE!! To put into perspective: In the last two weeks I counted eight shootings within the city I work (St. Pete, FL). Three of those were homicides. Several were attempted homicides. Others were slotted as Aggravated Batteries. I arrested a thirteen year old for shooting a 15 year old (lucky for him the bullets barely missed his heart) and the next week I put out a BOLO (similar to a warrant) for another teenager for doing a drive by shooting. That suspect is still at large and has since shot at two other people.

It's just non-stop. Every day I go into work I have to deal with someone being shot, shot at, shooting, or threatening to shoot. Ive had to draw down on at least three vehicles in the past two weeks. And people wonder why we have backup do random drive by on our traffic stops to check in on us.

America is turning into a war zone slowly but surely.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Refer to a recent thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You are approaching this from the correct angle.

I am a supervisory LEO and have spent 19 years in law enforcement...local, state, and federal. I am not sure how much people outside of law enforcement understand this, but what we are seeing are indeed just numbers based on what is reported. These numbers do not magically appear, they have to be input by humans. The four-digit NCIC offense codes for various calls that an agency responds to are fed into what is known as a NIBRS report. This is what the DoJ usually touts as "crime rates". However most people ignore the human factor.

I do not know the law or SOP regarding exactly how honest an agency must be when entering codes into NIBRS, but everywhere I have worked we have been encouraged by administrative brass to either downplay incidents or falsify records outright.

Here is reality. I have lived it, for better or for worse...

This is how the mentality works on a local level...same can be applied statewide or federally. Let's say your town forsees the need for a new high school. Big bucks for any area! But the tax base just isn't there yet, and residents will complain if their tax rate goes up dramatically. So let's lure more people to bring their families and children to town! How can the police department help? By making it be a nice, cozy, safe place.

But wait a second...what about that bar down the street that has all of those fight calls we respond to? What about the larceny, vandalism, and brawls at the annual biker rally down at the lake park? Oh no, can't let potential residents know about all of those calls we had! So what do we do? Code most of those calls as a generic "call for police service", "assist citizen", or some such. Heck, if we get 10 calls in an hour, to one area, and no arrests are made, let's lump that all into one single code for one call for service! Nobody will ever know, we won't get caught, and our department will keep looking like heroes to the general public-- gotta love those LOW crime rates

On the flipside...want a federal grant for some nice shiny new weapons or night vision devices? Why, we need a higher crime rate to make that happen! Let's code every minor dispute call as an alleged assault, threat of violence, etc. Have reporting parties twist their statements to make situations look worse, which makes US as the PD look better! Make every arrest we can and charge them with everything we can (the judge will dismiss the little things later)....etc etc etc...tricks of the trade.

Wow I hope that makes sense! It's early over here...

ETA: Dynamike, I was typing this as you typed yours above...thanks for the perspective. I have been blessed with working on a relatively quiet small town PD, then just working highway with the state police, so I have not experienced nearly as much violence as it sounds like your jurisdiction has. Be safe!
edit on 20-9-2013 by therainmaker because: Other reply was typed when mine was, and I wanted to respond.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Want to know my theory? It's the internet. How many people just stay home and play on the internet, and on MMORPG's now these days instead of going out? Way less likely to be victimized in your own house, although it does happen. Breaking into an occupied home is dangerous business, it's mostly the druggies and idiots in that line of work. At least in places where it is pretty easy to get a gun to protect your home.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Crazy information and the poster above you.

I was just thinking about it and i have only done minimal research into the subject but to have first hand accounts from people involved in law enforcement, thats cool.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Oops, looks like someone got caught, in a town right near where I worked (see the above post regarding falsifying NCIC offense codes on calls):

Former cop was "problem child"

Relevant snippets:

Former cop was "problem child" in Northboro department
By Elaine Thompson, TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

"...There, he changed the status of a report from "larceny," which required a written report, to "aid to the public," with "spoken to" as the action taken..."

"...he told dispatch to classify the incident as "aid to the public." A dispatcher who had been told about the incident changed the status to "larceny." A supervisor sent Officer Fiske an email directing him to write a report and seek criminal complaints against the suspect..."

"When the supervisor returned to work six days later, he noticed that the incident had been changed from "larceny" back to "aid to the public." There was no written report and no criminal charges had been filed."

new topics

top topics

join