At least 11 shot at chicago park

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

HairlessApe

And once again, for the sake of your convenience, social issues are to blame and that fact that 11 were injured by firearms had nothing to do with the firearms.

Genius.

Man. Why is it you have to resort to petty insults?

Deny ignorance indeed.

link   
Strictest Gun law sections of the USA = more criminals with guns and Law abiding citizens with out them , NOT WORKING

Gangs and Criminals dont care about Laws... Law abiding citizens do , This takes the guns from the right people and gives it to the wrong people

link   

coldkidc
reply to post by HairlessApe

I mean the laws currently in place that make it illegal to possess a handgun outside of your house in Chicago without going through mountains of paperwork...those laws...already in place.

You're violent crime rate in Australia spiked after your gun laws were passed. So...no...not going so "swimmingly" as you think over there.

Your source sucks and you're wrong. I could post the AU statistical data like I have 40 times but you'll counter with some BS from rebelyell.com or a similar blog.

A mentally unstable guy with a history of gun violent just purchased a gun in 2 days and then shot up a Navy compound. Obviously gun restriction laws are a complete joke.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Have fun in this circle jerk of gun toting Hicks. I'm done.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

roadgravel

The country has had almost 30 years to work on the problem. it seem the "solution" is still to assure that a handful of people have most of the wealth in our country. Not sure if billions of dollars can save a person from the future meltdown.

Sad indeed.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

sonnny1

HairlessApe

And once again, for the sake of your convenience, social issues are to blame and that fact that 11 were injured by firearms had nothing to do with the firearms.

Genius.

Man. Why is it you have to resort to petty insults?

Deny ignorance indeed.

Garbage logic disguised as a well thought and well reached opinion frustrates me to no end.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It is sad that a city as big as Chicago can't/wont create jobs and other opportunities to advance their future. I see another Detroit.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Gun restrictions is what caused the naval yard shooting. Try searching around before posting the wrong info.
edit on 20-9-2013 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

No, I'm not wrong & my source doesn't suck...seriously, come visit Chicago...you'll love it.

National Center for Policy Analysis - AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

AUSTRALIAN GUN BAN RESULTED IN HIGHER CRIME RATES

And here's a quote from the previous post's link since you probably didn't read it:

Even Australia’s Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime: •In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent. •Sexual assault — Australia’s equivalent term for rape — increased 29.9 percent. •Overall, Australia’s violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

I could go on but frankly, I'm not going to change your mind so it's not worth my time...besides you sound a little neurotic to be perfectly honest so I'm not sure if anything I'm even saying is being processed...
edit on 20-9-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

HairlessApe

Garbage logic disguised as a well thought and well reached opinion frustrates me to no end.

Its not well reached "opinion" that should tell you that the violence in Inner cities would be far less, if those in the inner cities had Jobs.

Based on the CDC data, almost 60 percent of U.S. firearm homicides occur in the 62 cities of the country’s 50 largest metros. However, only 27 percent of suicides do. In 2006, firearm suicides were a primarily suburban (and non-central city) phenomenon, which is likely weighing down the relationship between firearm deaths and the city unemployment rate.

The Geography of Gun Violence in Cities and Metros

Garbage "opinion" based on "agenda driven ideals" frustrates me to no end too.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
When guns are outlawed
Only outlaws will have guns

I am 74 and grew up on the near north side of Chicago, within walking distance of Lincoln Park. Just a block away from the three way intersection of Diversey, Clark and Broadway.

My mother (she never married so I had no father) worked the night shift at a factory that was at least an hours ride by bus and/or streetcar from home. This left me to my own devices. I can remember going to Lincoln Park as late as midnight by myself and feeling perfectly safe. Now there isn't a street in Chicago that I would walk at night without a concealed weapon. In fact, there are quite a few I would not walk in daylight without that concealed weapon.

And worse yet, the violence has spread to close suburbs like Cicero, Franklin Park, Schiller Park and others.

The problem is not just in Chicago, many of our big cities are suffering from the same crime problems whether or not they have strict gun laws. But it is a fact that the cities with the strictest gun laws do have some of the highest gun violence crime rates.

I could go into the social, economic and government induced causes of the violence but not only is there not enough space but most of us are already aware of them.

Regarding the "had no father" remark above; I did have a goodly number of supportive male role models in my family so I didn't actually suffer the otherwise normal disadvantages of not having a father.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

thesaneone

Gun restrictions is what caused the navy yard shootings. Try searching around before posting the wrong info.

I'm pretty sure it was a mentally unstable person with a gun that caused the shootings.

100%.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

coldkidc

No, I'm not wrong & my source doesn't suck...seriously, come visit Chicago...you'll love it.

National Center for Policy Analysis - AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

AUSTRALIAN GUN BAN RESULTED IN HIGHER CRIME RATES

And here's a quote from the previous post's link since you probably didn't read it:

Even Australia’s Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime: •In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent. •Sexual assault — Australia’s equivalent term for rape — increased 29.9 percent. •Overall, Australia’s violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

I could go on but frankly, I'm not going to change your mind so it's not worth my time...besides you sound a little neurotic to be perfectly honest so I'm not sure if anything I'm even saying is being processed...
edit on 20-9-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

The 2 links you provided are not peer-reviewed or academic sources.

They are junk websites that don't have any affiliation with any Government or leading body.

The second one (ncpa.org - how official sounding) got that article from freerepublic.com, and it was written by a user named Marktwain. He claims that his references were Australian Bureau of Statistics and U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation sources, and yet he provides no links to these references.

Australian gun-crimes are low. As are stabbings, beatings, etc.

Trust me.

I live here. It's a rather nice society that values itself.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

HairlessApe
reply to post by goou111

Guns are not the problem here. Let's take a look at the real problem - parks. Obviously if those parks did not exist then no one would have been able to have gotten shot at the park.

250 days out of the first 260 days so far this year in America there have been mass shootings. (4 or more shot)

Wake up you damn hicks.

You must one of the progressives that cry and beg for tolerance while showing not one once in return when it is a issue you are against. I bet if the subject matter was different and someone else was grouping everyone together you would be crying a river of let's be tolerant.

This is why I now believe being progressive might very well be a sickness of the mind and soul.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

250 mass (4 or more people) shootings so far this year in America. Its not guns that are the problem its statisticians for counting the incidents.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If someone gets stabbed the person with the knfe gets blamed.

If a bomb is set off like Boston for example the people that made the bomb gets blamed.

But let someone get killed from a shooting the firearm is blamed.

Why blame the inanimate object instead of the person that pulled the trigger?

Oh wait that would totally destroy the gun grabber philosophy.
edit on 20-9-2013 by SecretWeapon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I don't understand..11 people shot? Similar numbers as that of the Naval yard...so where are the millions of police and helicopters and swat teams and dog squads that we saw on TV last week? What is the difference?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Hicks? You do realize chicago is a metropolis don't you? Us "hicks" don't seem to have a gun violence problem, unlike inner cities.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That is a good point. Hicks are the people I live with and they certainly don't have a gang banger mentality or a problem with gun crime.

That's the metro scene.

Nobody up here in Canada wants to 'take our guns away', but the PTB do make getting a handgun (anti-personnel) more difficult than getting a rifle (hunter's choice) and that's just logical. What's even more intelligent is refusing sales to convicted criminals and people with a history of violent psychological problems.

America's difficulty lies not in federal laws, but in the varied state laws.

[not in response to TKDRL]

As an aside, calling gang bangers 'animals' (pg. 1) is about as sensible as calling country folk hicks. You do know that a regular little 100 acre farm today is worth in excess of $1M, right? Hicks indeed.
edit on 20/9/13 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Cities are dangerous, and it's not just the gangbangers either....... Everyone is just wound up tight it seems. Cops, regular people too. I think it is a side effect of being packed in like sardines, no way to prove that theory though.

I have mostly lived in rural areas myself, but I did live in white plains NY for a few years. It was not a good time in my life. I lived in a very poor area, so crime was way up there, as was drug users like crackheads. Only time I ever shot anyone was there, crackhead who lived in my building pushed his way in with a large kitchen knife and didn't obey when I told him to get out or I would shoot.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Wow, another shooting spree in the US, now that's a real surprise that is.......

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join