It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 11 shot at chicago park

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
At least 10 people have been shot in Chicago's Back of the Yards park..

This is just breaking so no info on injuries or deaths

It happened in the 1800 block of west 51st st.. I'm not familiar with Chicago so I wonder if this is gang violence..

The shootings happened about 10:15 p.m. in the 1800 block of West 51st Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood, Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Ronald Gaines said.

There were no reports on conditions of the shooting victims of 11:05 p.m., and no one was in custody, police said.

www.suntimes.com...
edit on 19-9-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

eta new tweet
11 people, including 3-year-old child, shot in Chicago's South Side, according to fire dept

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

sky news u.k is carring the story that 2 children were involved in the injured/dead and 2 shooters

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
another tweet
Chicago detectives: Witnesses report two gunmen attacked crowd on park basketball court; no one in custody - @ChuckGoudieABC7

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Heres a photo of that B-Ball court...

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is why I'm glad I moved out of Chicago.

These animals will never get it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

intrptr
Heres a photo of that B-Ball court...

www.breakingnews.com...

ty I added it to the op

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
another tweet
9 are serious to critical in Chicago park shooting; no fatalities reported - @ChuckGoudieABC7

Wow no fatalities,

one site said that the 3 year old was shot in the face..

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I hope the children are ok.

My guess is gang related.

ETA:
Doesn't look like a real good neighborhood - 3 boarded up houses across the street on Google Streetview
just look up "1800 w 51st street chicago" & you'll see the park & the ball courts nearby
edit on 20-9-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
More Tragedy in Chicago.

I assume gang violence. Most of the time it is.

Now, how many people need to die in Chicago for those in charge there to actually do something to stem the violence?

Prayers for the victims.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a gang related thing.
and i will go out further and say that this will get, little to no national coverage.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
it's up to 12 now

12 people, including 3-year-old, shot at South Side park

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Guns are not the problem here. Let's take a look at the real problem - parks. Obviously if those parks did not exist then no one would have been able to have gotten shot at the park.

250 days out of the first 260 days so far this year in America there have been mass shootings. (4 or more shot)

Wake up you damn hicks.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Name calling - nice & mature

Too bad all those laws up there didn't prevent this from happening

You probably think we need a few more & the problem will be solved huh?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

goou111
At least 10 people have been shot in Chicago's Back of the Yards park..

This is just breaking so no info on injuries or deaths

It happened in the 1800 block of west 51st st.. I'm not familiar with Chicago so I wonder if this is gang violence..

The shootings happened about 10:15 p.m. in the 1800 block of West 51st Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood, Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Ronald Gaines said.

There were no reports on conditions of the shooting victims of 11:05 p.m., and no one was in custody, police said.

www.suntimes.com...

eta new tweet
11 people, including 3-year-old child, shot in Chicago's South Side, according to fire dept

Another tragic to happen that will not the the highlight of MSM. Might get an excerpt but nothing more. It doesn't push the right agenda.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a gang related thing.
and i will go out further and say that this will get, little to no national coverage.

Yah, wheres the media 24/7 coverage of every last detail, the press conferences and interviews with the victims families? Why aren't all the schools on lockdown, the roads closed and barricaded with thousands of special police teams going door to door?

Gotta be some kind of clue.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

HairlessApe
reply to post by goou111

Guns are not the problem here. Let's take a look at the real problem - parks. Obviously if those parks did not exist then no one would have been able to have gotten shot at the park.

250 days out of the first 260 days so far this year in America there have been mass shootings. (4 or more shot)

Wake up you damn hicks.

Funny.
(Not really)

I think the glorifying of gangs, the high unemployment for black and other minorities, the lack of any real political motivation to stem the unemployment problem for inner cities, and the weather (hot) have the biggest implications to the violence there.

Give these kids jobs, and they wont be roaming the streets, killing. Give these people a sense of self worth, some hope and maybe progress can be made.

To see why this is so, it's worth looking more closely at the life conditions of those living in most violent neighborhoods in the city. As a handful of commentators have already pointed out, these areas are among the poorest. To put this in perspective, consider that Chicago has the third-highest poverty rate among major U.S. cities, and for black people in particular, Chicago is number one, with a rate of 32.2 percent. The percentage of students that qualify for free lunches at the CPS schools in predominantly black neighborhoods is in the high nineties, and in some schools 100 percent of the students qualify. As Steve Bogira puts it, "If you want children to become violent in their teens and early 20s, these are the right ingredients."

These are also areas plagued by protracted mass unemployment that have been hollowed out by deindustrialization and disinvestment. For example, among black men in the city ages 16-64, employment levels stood at a staggering 48.3 percent in 2010 [PDF] compared to 72.1 percent in 1970. Only Detroit, Cleveland and Milwaukee have higher unemployment figures. Before manufacturers closed down factories in the 1970s, swaths of unionized industrial jobs sustained scores of black workers throughout the city. But, unlike those jobs, the scarce work available to many black Chicagoans today is mostly precarious and low-wage, offering few benefits or opportunities for advancement. And even these kinds of jobs are extremely hard to come by. For example, months ago when a Costco opened just a few miles away from some of the poorest black neighborhoods on the West Side, the Reader reported that over 30,000 people applied for its 130 positions.

Chicago's Violence at Its Source

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

HairlessApe
reply to post by goou111

Wake up you damn hicks.

Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. Guns have been legal in america for over 200 years, so you can't just blame the guns. Everybody wants an easy solution and it just isn't that easy no matter how you slice it.

Hicks? Grow up, buddy. This was most likely gang related, and they are the most likely to spout off those same words to others. Try thinking once in awhile. I hear its good for you.
edit on 20-9-2013 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

They only do that if a cop gets shot.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Here's what's up.

Un friggen believable ! However it does seem to be real.
edit on 20-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join