It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Object Over CT This Evening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I want to preface this thread by saying, I tried to find if this was posted before but nothing came up.

I have no idea if what I saw was a UFO or an unknown military aircraft. What I do know was that it did fly in a straight line (North), glowed brightly orange and didn't have any of the blinking strobes that normally are found on commercial or civilian aircraft. There was no noise at all. There were 2 that flew by. There might have been more since I stopped sky watching to come here and post. Neither made a single sound at all and it's altitude was relatively normal for a jet passing overhead. We do live under a flight path so we see everything commercial from 737s to helicopters, to Cessna’s flying overhead. At first I thought it was a meteor because of the bright orange glow. But quickly thought it was man made because I saw i or 2 bright orange lights on it, there was no trail, and there were no strobe lights. Has anyone seen any military planes like this? I mean it made NO audible sound t all.

I shot one picture with my iPhone. It's sideways because I can't figure out how ATS translated my portrait picture to landscape. But you can see it's distinctly an orange glow. If anyone has any idea what it might be, I would love to know!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IWant2Believe323

Where in Connecticut?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Lower Fairfield County...The Airport I'm close to is Westchester Airport. I'm to the SE of HPN.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I'm in New Haven County. Will keep my eyes open.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

People were driving extremely today, and it was pretty evident at Yale New Haven Medical
Center as well. So, I glance up at the evening sky often,and sure enough I was checking out the full Moon tonight.
It was so bright that all but low flying aircraft were visible, to my eye anyway.
So, unfortunately, I cannot confirm your experience. However, it does explain the driving issue.

I can however confirm that there is an exceptional amount of helicopters being routed
over this area lately. Plus, the news choppers were over the BOOM House for 6+ hours the
other day. I was visiting a friend at that time, and the shock wave was felt in a minimum 2 mile
radius. Which County in Ct. did you view this?

Here is a link to real time air traffic over Ct.

Link: www.flightradar24.com...

It would be great to have a link to Live Helicopter Traffic , if any members here are Saavy to it.

Best Regards to you in CT.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am in Ct. as well.

Comforting isn't it?

I'm adding both of you to my "friends" list. STARS ands Thumbs Up, Wildmanimal

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Winds are light and to the Northeast tonight. How fast were they moving?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

What I do know was that it did fly in a straight line (North), glowed brightly orange and didn't have any of the blinking strobes that normally are found on commercial or civilian aircraft. There

The description of the objects sound to me like you may have seen Chinese lanterns ....just my opinion based on the evidence provided

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

You are a genius! I checked the link and the air traffic and my encounter don't seem to coincide. I took the picture at 11:34pm. The first craft must have passed by 15 minutes before that one. There was a commercial airliner miles ahead of the first craft I saw. I heard that commmercial jet's engine but nothing from the orange craft even after it passed over the horizon.

When the second one passed, I was on the couch and I jumped up and ran out on the deck. It was completely silent and there were no other planes around it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

It wasn't going fast, and the rate was constant and steady. I'm sure it was an aircraft...probably military. I Just have never seen one that was orange before. It was definitely very cool.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Haha or a weather balloon!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hi IWant2Believe323,

Thanks for the post/info.

I lived and worked in CT for 18 years before recently moving to another area. Lived in Danbury/New Fairfield area and worked in Greenwich, Stamford and Southport and still feel a very strong affinity for the area.

Lower Fairfield County...The Airport I'm close to is Westchester Airport. I'm to the SE of HPN.

Sounds like you're in/near Greenwich. Is that right?

On a final note, I really loved eating at Val Bella...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Nice! We love Louie's on River Rd in Cos Cob...it's owned by Polpo but 10x better.

top topics

join