It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitches in Reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is going to sound a bit nutty, but if I can't sound a strange here, where can I?

I have just today encountered my second major reality glitch in about two months. The first was at work some time ago. I had a piece of work that I had done evaluated based on a possible compliance violation (of which I was cleared, BTW). What was odd was that the review treated the work in question as if it had happened in March when I very clearly remembered the contract in question was done a few weeks (a month at max) before the evaluation.

That was odd, but I could chalk it up to my perception of time being impaired by the every day is the same vibe of the job.

Today's was a bit more complex.

I am job hunting. I applied for a position with a bank through their website and got a callback today to set up a phone interview. Awesome. The HR coordinator who had called me, Todd, said that he had also left me an email. When I went to check my email, there was indeed an email from someone named Todd about a job offer. It was a response to a completely different application I had submitted through Craigslist for a VASTLY different gig. What was more, when I checked the link that it was referring me to, I found a real estate sales site where the gig in question was in a machinist shop.

The whole incident got me thinking of the incredibly paranoid notion that we are living in some sort of Matrix style simulation, because seriously that random confabulation of disparate pieces of unrelated data with some outside gibberish (the real estate sales element) seems like a perfect example of a glitch in a computer game.

Any thoughts on this?
Anyone else encounter these kinds of glitches?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Normally I stay out of the metaphysics but isn't it possible the Todd from HR is actually a contractor who handles applications from various companies. If so maybe he remembered your name from the other app.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I considered that, but the different channels of application (one through a major bank here in the western United States, the other a direct email application via Craigslist) more or less ruled that out. Not impossible, of course, but spectacularly improbable.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

interesting and very intriguing

Ultimately when it comes to perceptions of reality its really hard to comment as the experience is so unique to the experiencer. Having said that I have sometimes questions the sequence of events that sometimes unfold in life and wonder as to how that particular series of events would have had to fall into place in order to play out like it did and high mathematical improbability of it all.

It would be cool if there was a glitch in the reality you inhabit but really since its all in our heads anyway the glitch would have had to occurred in your perception and nowhere else

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

there are threads about that say the same thing people questioning the way events unfold in life but unless someone has experienced this it is hard to get across to them .

40 years ago i had my first event and i am still scratching my head about it i guess i always will good luck trying to figure it out

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The only thing that nags at me regarding this type of thing is deja vu.

I have had multiple deja vus about the same situation or 'feeling' or 'tone'. I can't think of another way to describe it.

If it is just a neural misfire, oughtn't it be unique each and every time?

Wierd man, weird I say, weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Bumped for content alone, and there are threadbare spots in the fabric for sure.
I can't swear by it being metaphysical as much as administrative / database engine plain sloppy; but I've been getting some mighty strange matchups from my Chicago-based job search engine. Basically that mechanically inclined fellow without a real estate ticket LOL, I've been getting some high-end Insurance Rep hits-- not to mention food service and totally unrelated stuff just because I can do it well on my own time. I'm beginning to wonder if it's simply an overloaded engine/personnel matching scenario... there are a lot of us out here. In the belief that it's an employer's market by far, I have to believe some of this stuff happening on my side is simply cumulative errors spitting me job lead gibberish.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Read into Synchronicity... when it starts happening to you, it can be very freaky. It has happened to me a number of times, and my feeling was that the best way to deal with it was just to accept it as it was and not delve too deep.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I've had deja vua few times in my life and there is no doubt about it when you experience that phenomenon. I'm not entirely convinced by the current theories. Some people enjoy having deja vu experiences I think it is quite unsettling when you feel like you have experienced that same exact situation previously as it is happening and are completely helpless to explain or define the situation.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Computers never forget. They have all your input, somewhere...

But I hope you get the job you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Im sorry, not really, but this is the silliest thing ive ever read. You cant be, but im sure you are, serious.

Ill play along; Yea I agree it was most likely a reality slip, ive had one before. Someone called my house once and they said their name was greg, and they were looking for a rufus. My name is greg and my dogs name is rufus, and I had recently lost my dog. So I think it was me from an alternate reality calling myself to try and help find my dog.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Interesting topic.

Here is my story about "Glitches in Reality":

I once was asked to solve a complex calculation of building materials, so I did the necessary research and eventually came up with the numbers.
The next week (from my point of view) I was asked AGAIN to calculate the same problem I thought I already solved... but no one except me had any memory of it.
Needless to say, skipping the research, I could solve the problem in no time (which is impossible!)

I didn't talk about it because it made me look good, but the first thing that came to my mind was "wow, a glitch in the matrix" just like in the movie.

edit on 19-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A glitch is when they change something. You are forced to wait or move quicker somewhere which prevents or gets you into trouble. I have both.

Have you ever waited at a light that turned green for no friggin' reason when another car goes thru the intersection? I would have been killed. Happened to me.

I also waited for a friend to put on their shoes so we could go to the truck and get to the flea-market one morning. He kept dawdling and I kept telling him to hurry up. Something told me to just go, but I waited and a few minutes later a semi truck trailer ran over my parked truck. I had to flee to get out of the way.

If I had gone on without my partner, I wouldn't have seen my truck squished. Those are glitches...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The pause when the light turns green, only to see a truck fly by has happened to me. I waited for 3 seconds after the light went green...only to have that truck speed by. Been at that light many times over and never waited so long... The guy in the car with me was like Holy S##t, we would have died if you didn't wait. At that time it was unlike me to wait for no reason at all.

Another time, which I'm not proud of, was in Atlanta. There were these punks at a light that kept honking for me to go - I couldn't because I was going to turn left and traffic didn't slow down. I flipped them the finger and they got highly pissed off. Those punks pulled up next to me, all hollering and screaming threats... I carried a 357 at that time, but it was out of reach. I slowed down, grabbed my gun and waited for those punks to act dumb again and pull up next to me. My intentions were to shoot some shots into their door panel and then take off. I wasn't from the area and I knew that I could get away. Lucky for all, they didn't pull up next to me... A few cars back was a cop. I wouldn't have gotten away with anything if I fired shots at them. A 357 is hella loud. (I used glasner safety bullets - would have fragmented and caused minor injury with no traceable ballistics-more for instilling fear into them, not kill)

OK, the last para is probably more luck than any matrix stuff, but stuff like that seems to happen for a reason.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Oh if this is silliest thing you've ever read, you need to get out more. Not to say it isn't silly, I'm probably being ridiculous, but there is some much much sillier stuff out there.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

adjensen
Read into Synchronicity... when it starts happening to you, it can be very freaky. It has happened to me a number of times, and my feeling was that the best way to deal with it was just to accept it as it was and not delve too deep.

The whole universe can be described in numbers.

Math is if you like the language of nature.

An example of the weirdness that can occur in numbers is try this simple sum.

111111x111111

And let me know if you think the answer is a little weird!

Because that entire universe can be distilled as data (numbers) it means that sometimes the permutations create harmonies and harmonics which is what we experience as synchronicity.

It all comes down to the very fundamental level of reality essentially being a sea of total pure potentiality. Out of this random chaos comes the order that builds the reality we experience.

because chaos is in itself infinte there will always be harmonics in reality.

Difficult to get your head around the actual Math (though if you are into math u2u me and I'll walk you through it) but I hope I was able to get across the main points.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 20-9-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join