It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems walk out of Hearing prior to Family of Bengahzi victums testimony

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why were the families there to testify in the first place?

What exactly did congress need to hear from them?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

GrantedBail
reply to post by liveandlearn

Oh for fugs sake. This was a black op running guns and fighters into Syria and who knows what else. It was on the freaking down low. Give it up. There is no there, there. That is how the world works when you are doing dirty work for the US.

There are plenty of other reasons to be pissed off at this administration. At the bottom of the list are birth certificates and Benghazi.

Jeez people give it a rest.

Guess how many people were killed in Iraq today?? Oh, I guess that doesn't matter. They were just brown people.

Oh for fugs sakes, educate yourself on what exactly took place in Benghazi before making comments you know nothing about, damn it.

It is an open secret that the US has been facilitating or at the very least, allowing large weapons transfers from Libya to. Rebel fighters in Syria, but it was highly unlikely that Steven's was involved. Stevens did not see eye to eye with Brennen, the man responsible for transferring weapons to countries to destabilize and start conflicts. Obama gave Brennan carte blanche to run ops in N Africa and ME provided no embarrassment would come back to haunt him. Dougherty was not even at Benghazi when the attack commenced, neither was Woods. They defied the stand down orders in order to save American lives. Dougherty managed to get $30,000 to pay for a flight along with other special ops to fight and die beside his close friend, Ty Wood, during the second wave of attacks.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I can only guess it was out of courtesy and to let them know their voices are being heard by someone.

Charles Woods had specific requests

Call Gen Ham to testify...which I spoke about in an earlier post

Who told the guys at the annex to stand down

Why had no one on the ground at the time been subpoenaed

They called people in who were targeted in the IRS scandal but the victims here had no one else to speak for them.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I know exactly where they are coming from, Though, they don't even have a clue where they are coming from! What they heard on the today show and the weather channel is one answer.

I need to leave here before I get trapped in more dumbing down in this thread. If you don't have any knowledge about Benghazi, like what happened there close to a year ago and pertaining to this topic, please, just read and don't talk.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

PRS395

I know exactly where they are coming from, Though, they don't even have a clue where they are coming from! What they heard on the today show and the weather channel is one answer.

I need to leave here before I get trapped in more dumbing down in this thread. If you don't have any knowledge about Benghazi, like what happened there close to a year ago and pertaining to this topic, please, just read and don't talk.

Excuse me. Perhaps you should also read the exchange that took place. Who the heck are the 'they' you are talking about?

If you are speaking to me about knowledge of Benghazi, I have kept up with it from the beginning, including reading what I could find and watching all the hearings.

This thread was about the walkout by the Dems...that is all.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Really? Who is your source? Limbaugh? Post up some links to credible sources. I don't want to hear about "according to high level State Department source", or some other bull puckey. Back your stuff up.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Sorry I don't listen to Limbaugh - he is Mockingbird. I wish I could copy and paste a link, but I can't with the device I am using. The info is from Benghazi: The Definitive Report. Written by former spec op warriors, Brandon Tyler Webb and Jack Murphy, who run SOFREP.com.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
DEMOCRATS

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (MO-1)
Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-9)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Gerald Connolly (VA-11)
Rep. Jackie Speier (CA-12)
Rep. Matt Cartwright (PA-17)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Tammy Duckworth (IL-8)
Rep. Danny K. Davis (IL-7)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)
Rep. Tony Cardenas (CA-29)
Rep. Steve Horsford (NV-4)
Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM-1)

oversight.house.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

BABYBULL24

DEMOCRATS

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (MO-1)
Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-9)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Gerald Connolly (VA-11)
Rep. Jackie Speier (CA-12)
Rep. Matt Cartwright (PA-17)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Tammy Duckworth (IL-8)
Rep. Danny K. Davis (IL-7)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)
Rep. Tony Cardenas (CA-29)
Rep. Steve Horsford (NV-4)
Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM-1)

oversight.house.gov...

Thank you. I tried to look earlier for just the ones that were there during the ARB hearing. I know Tammy Duckworth was there and it really surprises me that she left. Some of the other's were there but I missed some of the hearing and don't recall. I think Steve Horsford or Lynch and Gerald Connolly but not sure. Then their is Jackie Spear who stayed for the families and didn't follow the herd.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Another interesting revelation that I learned from reading Benghazi:The Definitive Report that will please Obama supporters. Obama knew nothing about what was taking place in Benghazi. The blame lies squarely on Hillary, Patrick Kennedy, and especially Panetta for dragging his feet. Notice that he is silent and has not been questioned. There is an intense rivalry between CIA, JSOC, and the State department. They do not communicate. We witnessed a deadly and inevitable collision of the CIA, JSOC (covert op), State Dept. and militant Islamists.

edit on 20-9-2013 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I am not an Obama supporter. However, I have long been aware that State Department and CIA activities and agendas transcend administrations. *Shadow Government*

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

ownbestenemy
reply to post by CB328

I wonder if Clinton ever talked with the families that lost their love ones in Mogadishu or Bosnia....do you want to just continue to blame the past and turn a blind eye to the future or even the present?

This is how you come off: "Yeah well the last guy sucked more in my opinion so it doesn't matter if my guy sucks...we should look at the last guy!" Get over yourself.

I am not sure about other liberals but the issue I have, is that the other side seems to have selective memory.

Why do they ask that this admin be held responsible when they are willing to forget what Bush did? They are not in it for justice, they are in it for blame...as long it is the left...that's all that matters.

The same people crying over Benghazi are the same ones cheering the Republican government officials who are using this for political points and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

ownbestenemy
reply to post by CB328

I wonder if Clinton ever talked with the families that lost their love ones in Mogadishu or Bosnia....do you want to just continue to blame the past and turn a blind eye to the future or even the present?

This is how you come off: "Yeah well the last guy sucked more in my opinion so it doesn't matter if my guy sucks...we should look at the last guy!" Get over yourself.

I am not sure about other liberals but the issue I have, is that the other side seems to have selective memory.

Why do they ask that this admin be held responsible when they are willing to forget what Bush did? They are not in it for justice, they are in it for blame...as long it is the left...that's all that matters.

The same people crying over Benghazi are the same ones cheering the Republican government officials who are using this for political points and nothing else.

I am crying and screaming about Benghazi and I am not a Republican. I am an American that knows about the false left/right paradigm that keeps us divided in order to keep us from questioning their actions. Question everything.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Erica1631
Suffering from a guilty conscience or lack of. I prefer to choose the latter.

I think both.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Hey I checked out that website you sited. Interesting site. Thanks for that. It seems legit. I haven't perused the whole site but some of the articles appeared to be unbiased.

On edit: Sorry for the attitude.
edit on 20-9-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

liveandlearn

buster2010

liveandlearn

GrantedBail

Oh for fugs sake. This was a black op running guns and fighters into Syria and who knows what else. It was on the freaking down low. Give it up. There is no there, there. That is how the world works when you are doing dirty work for the US.

There are plenty of other reasons to be pissed off at this administration. At the bottom of the list are birth certificates and Benghazi.

Guess how many people were killed in Iraq today?? Oh, I guess that doesn't matter. They were just brown people.

Well, yes, you are right about your points but not your rant. But then, this wasn't your child who died and it wasn't you the representatives walked out on because your thoughts and questions weren't important enough for them to hear.

As for Iraq, who the heck cares what color they are...they are people...nothing else matters.

Why is her child more important than the thousands of other soldiers that have fallen.

Not sure where you are coming from. I draw no distinction between people. Perhaps you should read the exchange again and try to get the context. The point is, you might feel differently if you had lost a child and the gov. didn't follow through on promises and in fact stonewalled investigations and lied to you.

Why is this woman allowed to address members of congress because her kid was killed. Her kid was no more special than any of the other soldiers that have fallen. Her kid was killed in a failed CIA op. And like the American public was told the truth to get these wars started.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

GrantedBail
reply to post by James1982

Public servant. He was not a servant to the public. He was a servant to the foreign policy of the United States. He was career State Department. Do you know how our State Department operates in foreign theaters? I suggest reading some books.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, but it doesn't seem to have much relation to people getting up and walking our during a hearing, which is what this thread and my reply are about.

Who is "he" you are referring to? This was not one person, this was all the democrats except two.

And yes, they ARE public servants. You don't seem to understand the situation here..... a bunch of dems walked out of a hearing before the victim's families came along. They are public servants (servants TO the public) refusing to do their job.

Please educate me with all your fancy book lurnin, what on Earth are you even talking about? Who is "he" are you using "he" to refer to a group of people? You seem to have little grasp of reality, although maybe that's a better way to live these days.

Sorry to get snippy, but you come at me with attitude because I say political figures need to be fired? What exactly is your problem?
edit on 20-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

buster2010

liveandlearn

buster2010

liveandlearn

GrantedBail

Well, yes, you are right about your points but not your rant. But then, this wasn't your child who died and it wasn't you the representatives walked out on because your thoughts and questions weren't important enough for them to hear.

As for Iraq, who the heck cares what color they are...they are people...nothing else matters.

Why is her child more important than the thousands of other soldiers that have fallen.

Not sure where you are coming from. I draw no distinction between people. Perhaps you should read the exchange again and try to get the context. The point is, you might feel differently if you had lost a child and the gov. didn't follow through on promises and in fact stonewalled investigations and lied to you.

Why is this woman allowed to address members of congress because her kid was killed. Her kid was no more special than any of the other soldiers that have fallen. Her kid was killed in a failed CIA op. And like the American public was told the truth to get these wars started.

This "woman''s" son was killed. A kid is a goat. When you have walked in her shoes, then you can criticize. Attack the source of her pain in their ineptness and corruption. You took a wrong turn. The government worshiping sites are in the opposite direction. Just take a left or a right or better yet, just follow the sheep.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

GrantedBail

If it WAS a result of a covert operation? Then good. I want the commanders who ran the OP, I want their bosses and I want the director of the agency that ran them. All of it, before I EVER "Give up" on the outright murder of 4 good Americans and one, a direct PERSONAL representative to the President of the United States himself.

The President may not care that someone directly representing HIM was murdered like a common mark on a street corner, but I do as a citizen...and I DO hope the people making these murders political are enjoying this. It will NEVER END until answers are gotten as to how those murders happened and WHO was directly to blame for allowing it.

*I'll also NEVER forget the fact there weren't 2 men in the Dipo compound to die that night when men at the CIA compound were told to stand down and NOT rescue. There were over 20. That would have been the body count on TV, had a couple men not risked everything (and given all, by the end of the night) to save others.

Those men walking out should be ashamed to their cores. They are making these deaths and the shame of a nation for allowing it into a petty, cheap and personal political stunt. For absolute SHAME.

edit on 20-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

GrantedBail

Sorry, You were doing good until you deflected and played the race card.
The fact is that our people needlessly died in Benghazi.
The fact is that it was crass of the democrats to walk out before the families talked.
Be it an (R) or a (D) ... they should have stayed for the families.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join