learn more

Dems walk out of Hearing prior to Family of Bengahzi victums testimony

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Two Dems stayed, Elijah Cummings and Jackie Spear remained. Cummings probably felt obligated and Ms Spear...good for her for following her conscious and being her own person.

It is unclear why Democrats were not interested in hearing what Patricia Smith, the mother of slain information management officer Sean Smith, and Charles Woods, the father of former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, had to say.

Issa tweeted a photo on Thursday showing the empty side of the room where Democrats are normally seated. The only Democrats who stuck around were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.).
The Blaze

also here though it doesn't give any more info.

I watched the hearings and wondered where all the Dem's were. This is so disrespectful and insulting. I certainly says they don't care what the families think, feel or believe. Were they afraid a finger would be pointed at them? Or did they feel guilty?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

This is outrageous, apparently it really 'doesn't matter' to them.

No class and no shame.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Suffering from a guilty conscience or lack of. I prefer to choose the latter.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Talk about snotty and snippy !!!

What a horrible miserable excuse for failure.

Get their names and send letters and call the phones !!!

Only spoiled Brats put arrogant politics first.

They just couldn't stand to sit there eh.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No surprise there. Their messiah was running the helm when the USS Benghazi hit the iceberg.

As the Demoncrats walked out, someone should have painted a yellow stripe down their backs.

Rethuglicans are no better. They just look for some talking point to capitalize upon while the true victims are exploited for the good of the "party".

The true victims of this will never see justice. They are in the wrong country if they expect justice.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Apparently reflecting Hillary's response when questioned on the importance of finding out the truth of Benghazi....

"What does it matter?"

Solidarity amongst the Democratic Party has sunk to a new low...how very painful for those grieving Families to witness such a crass show of indifference.

Des

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I agree with all thus far. I hope their constituents here about this and replace them with adults.

Mr Woods made some points in requesting Gen. Ham testify. Apparently a General had told him that his intelligence said that Ham was ready to go but was told to stand down. He said Screw it and was replaced by an inferior officer. Now I had heard this before and seems it was essentially debunked by the regular crowd. He spoke to the claim that it was a 'scheduled' rotation then stated who does a rotation in the middle of a war and is replaced by someone inferior to him?

Issa also let it be know that 2 people on the ground that night have been subpoenaed.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I never understood how this type of behavior was acceptable for public servants.

You think you could get away with this at your job? Your boss calls a meeting, you stick around for a few minutes, then get up and leave randomly?

This is their job, they obviously don't take it seriously. It's time the whole lot of them are fired.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Oh for fugs sake. This was a black op running guns and fighters into Syria and who knows what else. It was on the freaking down low. Give it up. There is no there, there. That is how the world works when you are doing dirty work for the US.

There are plenty of other reasons to be pissed off at this administration. At the bottom of the list are birth certificates and Benghazi.

Jeez people give it a rest.

Guess how many people were killed in Iraq today?? Oh, I guess that doesn't matter. They were just brown people.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Maybe they had better things to do than waste time on the most unimportant hearing of the year?

I wonder if Bush every listened to the families of the 4,000 soldiers he got killed?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Public servant. He was not a servant to the public. He was a servant to the foreign policy of the United States. He was career State Department. Do you know how our State Department operates in foreign theaters? I suggest reading some books.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Sorry, double post.
edit on 19-9-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

GrantedBail

Oh for fugs sake. This was a black op running guns and fighters into Syria and who knows what else. It was on the freaking down low. Give it up. There is no there, there. That is how the world works when you are doing dirty work for the US.

There are plenty of other reasons to be pissed off at this administration. At the bottom of the list are birth certificates and Benghazi.

Guess how many people were killed in Iraq today?? Oh, I guess that doesn't matter. They were just brown people.

Well, yes, you are right about your points but not your rant. But then, this wasn't your child who died and it wasn't you the representatives walked out on because your thoughts and questions weren't important enough for them to hear.

As for Iraq, who the heck cares what color they are...they are people...nothing else matters.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I get what you are saying. It was disrespectful...that is unless it was just drama ie: "They pulled the babies from the incubators", kind of testimony.

and on edit: Will there be any hearing for the hundreds of Iraqis that were killed this month? What about some statements from THEIR families. I guess there is no outrage for the hell we created there.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I wonder if Clinton ever talked with the families that lost their love ones in Mogadishu or Bosnia....do you want to just continue to blame the past and turn a blind eye to the future or even the present?

This is how you come off: "Yeah well the last guy sucked more in my opinion so it doesn't matter if my guy sucks...we should look at the last guy!" Get over yourself.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

GrantedBail

I get what you are saying. It was disrespectful...that is unless it was just drama ie: "They pulled the babies from the incubators", kind of testimony.

and on edit: Will there be any hearing for the hundreds of Iraqis that were killed this month? What about some statements from THEIR families. I guess there is no outrage for the hell we created there.

Except it is testimony regarding American delegates/representatives in a foreign country...not Libyan citizens. Tragic I know, but I expect my Congress to question the actions of the Exectutive; regardless of the letter behind their name.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Maybe just maybe, it was because it is political. Perhaps it was just drama for the "Oh no Benghazi" masses. They know it was a black op and they know that the details can never be revealed. So they just drum on when there is so many things that are productive that they could do with their time.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

liveandlearn

GrantedBail

Well, yes, you are right about your points but not your rant. But then, this wasn't your child who died and it wasn't you the representatives walked out on because your thoughts and questions weren't important enough for them to hear.

As for Iraq, who the heck cares what color they are...they are people...nothing else matters.

Why is her child more important than the thousands of other soldiers that have fallen.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Thank you

We hardly have jurisdiction on Iraq anymore. And yeah, we generally only care about ourselves. Iraq is a real tragedy and no one will be brought to justice for that sadly.

I hate that the Bengahzi affair has become so partisan but it is also obvious that someone prevented a rescue from happening to protect their illegal operation and the state dept knew about it. Were it not for the guys at the annex there are between 21 and 30 people who would likely not be alive. They deserve their day and answers.

edit to remove brief angry rant.

edit on 19-9-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

buster2010

liveandlearn

GrantedBail

Why is her child more important than the thousands of other soldiers that have fallen.

Not sure where you are coming from. I draw no distinction between people. Perhaps you should read the exchange again and try to get the context. The point is, you might feel differently if you had lost a child and the gov. didn't follow through on promises and in fact stonewalled investigations and lied to you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join