It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers to shut down US, protesting the trampling of the Constitution, viral, 50k likes in 4 days.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

And yet again, where did I say that NO TRUCK DRIVERS were going to be involved? Where did I say that NO TRUCK DRIVERS CARE? You will probably see some truck drivers strike, but I'm willing to be that the vast majority won't even slow down.

And as far as how many likes there were on Facebook, meaning a lot of truck drivers, do you have ANY idea how many trucks there are in the US, and how many truck drivers there are? There are 1.9 MILLION trucks, with 3.2 MILLION truck drivers.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have 4 commercial truck drivers in the family. Their take on it is basically, maybe it's a good idea, but they got families to feed, and jobs to keep, so they won't be there.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Having read the ping pong match between Pinkorchid (in Australia) and Zaphod58 (in USA), I have to say I see both sides of the argument. I also watched the video on the previous page, and can't fault anything the man said either.
I am in the UK, and know many truck drivers over here, and yes the split is probably about 50/50 over here too as to how this proposed action will pan out in the US.

One thing I think we all agree on, no matter which country we come from, we are reaching breaking point, the world is going to hell in a hand basket for lots of different reasons.

By keeping so many 'issues' on the table, the ones that we have given 'control' to.... are keeping us divided. Each of us have a different issue which is our personal priority, whether it be food on the table for our families, illegal occupation of other countries, the cost of having the lights on at night, terrorism at home or abroad, bankers....the list goes on and on. The point is there are too many 'negatives' affecting our daily lives and each of our 'priority' lists are different, which is as it should be. However, it's time we all stopped sitting on our hands and bemoaning the facts like "well, the Wall Street protest worked....not", "the 2 million that marched on London saying no to war in Iraq worked....not", and all the other voices for other issues. It's the so called democratic system as a whole that is wrong. It is corrupt to its core. And while we the people keep voting the same old faces back into positions of responsibility and power either in the governments or the board rooms....nothing will ever change until we wake up to the fact that they are keeping us divided with so many negative issues.

There are more of us than them, and until we accept we all as individuals have our own priorities, but realise that they all amount to the same thing, nothing will ever change except a continuous downward spiral of our servitude to a system we all stand guilty of keeping in place.

So yes, I would like to see this protest happen in the US, but I believe there is time, and with the technology and communication we have in our hands, that this is an opportunity to take this global. Set aside our priorities of what is important to us as individuals, realise it all amounts to the same thing, stop our complacency of "what's the use?". Because unless we do something together, sooner rather than later, there is only one way all this is going to end up, and I for one don't want to go to my grave seeing a world where my children and grand children are slaves to a system which I bequeathed them through my complacency.

Just my 2p worth

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 25-9-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Yep , your correct in all that you say.

There are always differing perspectives , while that can bring wonderous variety and individuality to the world, when something as serious as this occurs , we need to forget about our individual needs and focus on not only the needs of the collective but those of generations to come.

It was a hell of a ping-pong match wasn't it ?

I apologize if i created any thread drift or monopalized the thread, through my passion to get this information out there.

What I was waiting for ,was others to join as well , but hey we were kicking up so much dust , they probabley couldn't see the forrest for the trees.

Good debate though , no hard feeling here.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This video runs for about 7 mins and talks about the loss of freedoms and the disenchantment of those who served for their country to defend the constitution of the United States of America.

It also briefly touches on the corruption with in the Government.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

The guy at 4.36 said exactly what I did in my post above.
Just on a personal note, I would like to say all the military guys on that vid struck a chord with me. Over the years I have taught many, many people complimentary therapy, mainly Clinical Aromatherapy and Reflexology. It mainly appeals to women, however all 5 men I taught were ALL ex-military, from all 3 parts of the forces. I've often wondered why learning a complimentary therapy appealed to them, because I never felt I got the core reason out of any of them.
I think it's because until you have faced what these guys have done, you can't really comprehend what it means to have your basic human rights taken away from you, AND on the other side of the coin to take somebody's basic rights away. These guys have faced both dilemmas in tandem. I appreciate going into a war zone is not the same as the issues we are facing as civilians....but it boils down to the same thing.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I did not get nor have I been told of this by Family who are semi truck drivers...in the USA....

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by 1104light

From what I call tell, it seems to have started out as a protest of gas prices (or policy), then snowballed into a general protest.

Is it possible that the requirement to purchase health care is too much of a financial burden?
edit on 19-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: grammar

Not just because of health-care, but because Obama wants to reduce big-rig fuel consumption by 20% by the year 2018. He can only achieve that through punitive tax measures that hit truckers and their customers.

www.ttnews.com...

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Truckers are hauling 40 tonne loads, 3000 miles, at 5 miles per gallon, and this happens whenever a family moves across the country or city. The whole house is moved, down to the antique furniture, the kid's sand-pit and the doghouse. Everything is loaded and shipped across.

Reducing pollution everyone can agree upon, but it could be achieved just as well by giving people tax credits to upgrade an old vehicle as it would be by hitting them with additional costs in the form of higher fuel bills.
There is ongoing research to improve fuel efficiency:

www.commercialappeal.com...

But in every case, where self-employed middle class families have been hit by high-taxes, they have always gone bankrupt and ended by being replaced by cheap labor from Mexico. So this isn't just about reducing pollution, it's about the freedom to be self-employed.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

stormcell

Not just because of health-care, but because Obama wants to reduce big-rig fuel consumption by 20% by the year 2018. He can only achieve that through punitive tax measures that hit truckers and their customers.

No, he can do this through improved technology. Look at the Freightliner Cascadia Evolution. It reduces power automatically when not being used, among other things.

Current engines get 7-8 mpg easily. If I don't sit and run all week, I can keep my weekly fuel mileage up over 7 mpg for the entire week.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlliumIslelily

These drivers are not getting paid to do this. Also take into account the cost of fuel and they are lucky to get 7 mpg, then consider they are not making any money for these 3 days. It is a hardship on these truckers, no way they can do this for any longer. I'm surprised that they can afford it for 3 days! BTW I am one of them.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

JHumm
Truckers....EAST BOUND AND DOWN
Show them that without the little guy there can be no big guy for very long.
TPTB dont seem to understand that do they really think that if they keep crushing the middle class that they will keep living the way they do.??? You can have all the money in the world but if there arent people working and doing everything that the public does your money is usless other than to use it for toilet paper because you cant get it at the store.

When the sled dogs stop pulling the sled, the sled stops.

The workers of the world are the sled dogs that pull the sled for the empty suits that
push papers with pie charts on them around at 2 hour meetings and like to think
that actually made a difference on production.

The reason Southwest Airlines is the best in the US is because the employees own it and run it.

Southwest Airlines

Farmers are used to Co-ops so it could expand from there.

You want a working healthcare model, base it of USAA's not for profit model, but the
HMO scumbags that actually wrote the current 20,000+ page pile of trash would flip out
if that happened.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
People should clear their mind of anything they may believe the government has the power to do. Yes they have weapons and they can kill, but what are they trying to kill more? They are trying to kill these 'words' from spreading. It is the most valuable weapon, more than guns. Absorb that if it doesn't make sense.

Here are the most valuable tools in (our) the truckers arsenal: When people in positions of power hear words of 'grand juries' and 'tribunals', they know its the worst threat. TPTB don't want people to know about their powers against them and their 'puppets', because they are simply knowledge, and the will to use it. I'm sure a government, through any means, can kill a handful of nuisances to protect itself, however, it can't kill too many and get away with it. It is an obvious solution to become a nuisance to the government in large numbers, without breaking any rules, just flexing more intellectual muscle.

If the willingness of the people to form grand juries was made public, or the knowledge among more people on how to do it, then things wouldn't get so bad. People tend to think the only way to fix problems in the system, is by voting. Sometimes voting to save your life is not practical politics.

Grand juries are the only threat to the government because it is not a branch of the government. If it is not known to you already, there are four branches of government. The least known of the four are, The People. The pen is mightier than the sword, just as words are more powerful than bullets. I'm not even trying to be poetic, I'm being as serious as possible. It's crucial to know the philosophy behind the existence of government.

The first crucial move in a non violent, rule following change in leadership, starts with working with local sheriffs and police. As sheriffs are the only constitutional police, they are crucial to have on the side of the people. If you have friends or can become friends with the local 'authorities' in your areas, and teach them what it means to be American, intelligently, then you have the 'guns' on your side. The reason for starting there, is because, they follow orders from the ones writing their pay checks. If they understand, from the local people teaching them, that not following the constitution will not be tolerated, nor should THEY tolerate it, then you don't have to worry about "orders" anymore. Because remember, words are powerful. As you work your way up with the locals, then it will be much easier to start holding leaders accountable by means of grand jury presentments / indictments. Orders don't get followed simply because they are the correct ones, rules are not made that way either. So if you think that there are rules barring people from arresting government officials, remember, the only ones that can object to the government have to be the ones not apart of it. It's the balance of power, but power is nothing without the will to use it. You also have to realize that the ones using their power more than the people, are the ones being paid to use it, by the people

Here is some info on grand juries:
Grand Juries

If you are interested in learning how to make big changes in your government, learning how it all works, fundamentally, is required. If you have disagreements about any powers you have, first ask yourself if it makes sense, reasonably, logically, ethically, and equitably, if it doesn't then you are wrong to disagree. Legitimacy is key to power, if the rules you follow don't make sense in a just society, then guess what, it is no longer a legitimate rule. Make sense?

I have only been studying this kind of stuff for about seven years, and I have very little friends with the same knowledge or the will to accept it as 'legitimate'. Maybe its the fluoride (I'm joking). I think its the lack of wanting to change their patterns, I find my younger friends grasping these concepts much more. That's why you start teaching people important things at a young age.

If there are any questions on what you can do to start 'following the white rabbit', I'd be happy to answer them, or pointing you in the right direction. If you think you already have the answers and know I'm wrong, then I'd also ask that you kindly correct me.

edit on 8-10-2013 by Rychwebo because: Super tired and trying to make my words flow better.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by AnnKoontz

In case you didn't notice , they are doing regardless , so it's either sit by and wave your hands in the air and complain and do nothing or dig your feet in and stand your ground.

My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions.
It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

www.reagancoalition.com...
edit on 20-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

yeah.......good thing republicans or the wealthy or the corporate had nothing to do with the plight of the trucker...IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AlliumIslelily

There is no "most only get deliveries on a weekly basis". Some may, but it depends on the product and the volume that the outlet retails.

The fact is there isn't one million independent truckers out there anymore...if there ever was that many.

The big companies are A.T.A. members. (American Trucking Association) They are ideological opposites to independent truckers. The vast majority of products moved in the U.S. are delivered by ATA supporting companies.

These companies would dearly love the A.C.A. as an enforced purchase of medical insurance by the barely surviving independent truckers would largely ruin most of them financially.

The big companies have some form of group health plans available to their drivers with shared and reduced rates that group plans offer as opposed to individual plans.

Bottom line is there won't be any million truck protest. It's not happening. A few at best.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The best post so far on this. Well done.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

jimmyx

Pinkorchid
reply to post by AnnKoontz

In case you didn't notice , they are doing regardless , so it's either sit by and wave your hands in the air and complain and do nothing or dig your feet in and stand your ground.

My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions.
It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

www.reagancoalition.com...
edit on 20-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

yeah.......good thing republicans or the wealthy or the corporate had nothing to do with the plight of the trucker...IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it's not "their plight" alone they are upset about.
Things have been building up faster and faster over the last two decades.
Obama and his "vision" for America have just accelerated the problem.
I wish people could understand that Obama is not the problem, just a large part of it.
Many people blame the government in general for the mess we are currently in, not just Obama.
When I march in DC it will not be because of my plight alone but for the concerns I have about this nation as a whole. I think many feel the same way.
It is past time that we put the "me, myself and I" away and join together as Americans
Quad

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I want to send my best wishes to you and your comrades. If i can do anything to support you from this side of the pond then let me know.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wise words, my friend.

I had a friend ask me if I was okay, because I keep sharing stories about what is happening during the shutdown.

I said no, I am fine, I am just concerned that no one even wants to talk about it anymore. Everyone is so used to just turning the other way and don't want to even discuss something that is unpleasat. THIS is why this country is the way it is now. We have been well trained.

My fathers generation was the last to really take a vested interest in the government and their role as a society in it. My own generation (I am 40) fell into the "why bother? We don't make a difference anyways" about ten years or 15 years ago. This has been our downfall.

My kids generation are clueless. Just feed them their technology and toys and tell them they are entitled to everything and they are happy. They have been having their rights taken away on a steady basis and the media has convinced them it is a GOOD thing! What do you think would happen if they were told today that all their phones were being conviscated? Well, all heck would break out then, wouldn't it?

We are living in a backwards world.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Spot on Zaph. I fully agree with your post. You know what your talking about....as usual.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join