It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did We Prevent the U.S. From Bombing Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
As I sit here, deep in thought, I realize... We (the U.S.) haven't bombed Syria. That's a pleasant thought. We came close, very close, but we didn't do it. Did the politicians listen to their people, for once?

I think this is because of all the people that were so outspoken against the bombing. From letters to congressmen, to outright asking politicians intelligent questions, putting them on the spot. I think it all worked.

I believe the citizens of the U.S. collectively prevented another war. This is important to realize because it shows us what we can do by using power in numbers!

Anyway, it was a thought of mine that I felt was worth sharing.

edit on 19-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

We should not feel self congratulatory, either. It is our duty. We own the mistakes of the government we give permission to make mistakes.

Love the avatar.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Did We Prevent the U.S. From Bombing Syria?

No , my Government (UK) gave your Government a reason not to bomb Syria , Obama made a mistake when he drew his red line and we got him out of it .

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think they (Obama and his minions) are still considering it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Did WE prevent bombing Syria? To me ... "wag the dog" comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well we in the UK never prevent America from fighting in Vietnam when our government at the time said we were not going to be involved in it. But I do think it gave them reason to have a vote first and the rest is history. Still don't like the way it is going though over there.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
IDK maybe it was senate saying no that prevented the bombing

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I don't think we did. I think that some retaliation from the rebels is now pointed in our direction. Nothing is modern life is accidental, everything is planned.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

kimish
As I sit here, deep in thought, I realize... We (the U.S.) haven't bombed Syria. That's a pleasant thought. We came close, very close, but we didn't do it.

I think this is because of all the people that were so outspoken against the bombing. From letters to congressmen, to outright asking politicians intelligent questions, putting them on the spot. I think it all worked.

I believe the citizens of the U.S. collectively prevented another war. This is important to realize because it shows us what we can do by using power in numbers!

Anyway, it was a thought of mine that I felt was worth sharing.

You are likely right at the end of the day. There are heaps of incidentals, like multi-national mercenaries in the rebel camps some bought and paid for by the Saudis,(and also made Putin's input credible) we don't even know if they were already in place. Obfuscation by John Carrey and regretfully by Obama in the "We know" speeches. Maybe even the Baghdad video played a part. I don't think that Assad is blameless, after all this started over graffiti, but you just know that it could have been dealt with in a better way.
Politicos are losing their grip by their deceit, that means genuine people are something to be bargained with.

new topics

top topics

join