It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials: We Suck and We're Sorry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I have plenty of skills in carpentry. I can work with hand tools and do anything wood related. Doesn't change the fact that there really isn't many caprentry jobs available for us, period. Don't tell me im whining thats bull#. There is a real problem here and you dont want to look at a solution besides im lazy and im whining go fix and engine and sell it. Great.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The fact is this, if the people at the top don't start spending their money then the economy is going to collapse. The wealth of this nation needs to be distribute more evenly. It doesn't matter what anyone does. They need to share their wealth with the rest of the nation or its over.

All of America's wealth is concentrated into a very small minority and thats the problem not me, not my whining not me being lazy.

Whats the solution?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I'm sorry but you are whining. WHINING! Stop it now, be like me when I had the decision to make when I was getting kicked out of my big sis's house to step up. Nothing like living out of your car for a week to give ya some perspective. Didn't take me long before I had three part time jobs and started college full time and found an apartment. And yes, I did graduate from college. It is possible. The thing that every single time got my rear in gear was when someone told me I couldn't do something. I don't know, that just burned me, rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, I rocked it out of the ball park and got on the A Dean's List. Who knew?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I'm sorry, i seem to have forgotten what we were talking about reading your post.

Sounds like you worked really hard and did a really good thing im glad.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And don't get me started on the talentless music ANYONE can perform.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

To Onequestion - things are going to fall down and get really ugly pretty soon - seems to me you do have the skills that are going to be needed. Not just for the economy, but for survival. When the grid goes away - you will survive.

All of those people that can only function when their cell phone is working - aren't.

God bless you. You will be the savior of society - and people like you. It's coming - much sooner than most of us think.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think we should be asking the question; Which generation will be the one(s) to pick up the pieces and be the new leaders once the collapse has happened?

(Sorry for the serious question, will go back to silliness now)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

All those people that have "redneck" jobs and knowledge - farmers, carpenters, mechanics, electricians, plumbers, hunters, butchers, ect......

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by queenofsheba

I'm sorry, i seem to have forgotten what we were talking about reading your post.

Sure, I did that when I was nineteen. Now I'm 46, I don't know many 19 yr olds out there living that way these days. Most are still home, even college grads these days move back home. I left home at 18 and never looked back. Is it so different these days? Perhaps. I do know that wanting everything for your kid and providing it for them isn't necessarily right. Maybe I gave too much, thinking I'd give them an edge up, a bit of a head start which in and of itself isn't a bad thing but when it's seen as something that, and I will quote you what my 18 yr told me, "Those were things you were supposed to provide" ...no, that was a freebie. I guess it was a mistake. Maybe I should have been more like my mom and stepdad who told me every single day that life was a bitch, you'll never make it, it's too hard, the economy sucks....ya da ya da ya....that's the difference I think. All I know is that because I was told life was tough and I'd never make it only made me defiant and want to prove them wrong. I guess I assumed that my kids knew that at a certain point they'd have to make it on their own but why would they? OMG...I'm obviously a mother of teenagers, God have mercy on my soul...lol

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Yeah duh, take your degrees and go get a logistics job in a warehouse like everyone else!

warehouse job.. good one..

you mean, go to a temp agency, get part time hours sweeping the floors, full time job dangling after 6 mos, then after 4 mos, they cancel they job, just for a few months during slow down.

Not me, a neighbor's son who has tried EVERYTHING to get a job. Sold the mower he bought to do lawns. At $10 a lawn, he couldn't find enough houses after weeks of door to door flyers, talking etc.

I recall back in 1991 when I was 15. choices were: Ace hardware, lumber yard, grain mills, IGA, dollar general, HECK every darn cashier job in town! during the after school 4-8 shift. All the usual moms/grandma's that worked part time would like to be home then anyway talking care of family.

You could get a 4 jobs in one afternoon!

When the BOOMERS were YOUNG, the older people quit working...got OUT OF THE WAY!!!.. so the young could have a JOB.

TOO BAD BOOMERS.... you squandered the MOST ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF WEALTH THE WORLD EVER KNEW!!

YOU HAD THE MOST EPIC time at the hog trough..

TIME TO MOVE ALONG !! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE ..

NOW YOU STEAL OURS!!! NO EXCUSE!! NONE will matter!!

in 20 years we will throw you all to the HELL YOU CREATED!! minimun wage employed immigrant nurses ABUSING you in substandard nursing homes!

HAH!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ahahahha.

LOVED the vidoe OP!!!

Wish I could show it to all the bloomin baby boomers who give us a hard time

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The only one blaming anyone seems to be you.

Maybe it's your anger holding you back.

But if it makes you feel better to blame us...Carry on.

<< 1  2   >>

join