It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon Me While I Gloat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I guess I'm the stupid one. I always thought the deaths of a few civs were worth the liberation of millions upon millions of people. As George Washington once said: "A patriots blood is the seed of freedoms tree."

Oh, and your darn right I'm gloating!!! And I'm gonna be gloating for a long time! I have never seen such vile hatred for a sitting President and country, as displayed by the liberals, in my life or studying history. Frankly it sickens me. And I'm disgusted that the libs won't shut up. He was RE- elected, the people have spoken. Let it go!

Well, I guess that I'll be the first one to say it. Screw the rest of the world! I'm sorry if I offend, but the way I see it is this. This country has done fine for 230 years without caring about world opinion. It's one of the things that made us what we are today. Did I miss a day in school? Did the libs in this country just wake up one day and think that the survival of this nation depends on the opinion of france or Turkey? I'm sick of the rest of the world. If you don't like us then ignore us. If you don't wanna get invaded, then don't harbor terrorist!!!

By the way. Isn't this a conservative forum? A forum for conservatives? Only? Just curious as to what some of you libs are doing in here? I could be mistaken. I just thought that this was a place for the conservatives to congregate.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
By the way. Isn't this a conservative forum? A forum for conservatives? Only? Just curious as to what some of you libs are doing in here? I could be mistaken. I just thought that this was a place for the conservatives to congregate.

Hi Halloween

This thread is kinda old now and started out in one of the other forums before Politics@ATS was born, so that's why there are responses from liberals, not that the political rubrics would stop anyone from posting an opinion, or at least, I would hope that it wouldn't.

I probably should have renamed the thread instead of using the title of the open-letter, but it's done now. Maybe, I'll change it later, as I am not one to gloat, even though, I have never been so glad that a man won the Presidency, in my life, including the 2000 election against the fanatical Al Gore.

[edit on 04/12/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
So go ahead, don't even bother with elections anymore, since "lying, cheating, and stealing," are all you have to gloat about.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

I still don't understand why you people keep spouting this rhetoric. Bush has just won by almost a landside. Over 3 million votes. And in '00 they re counted the votes in Florida upteen times, even after the supreem courts ruling. And each time Bush came out the winner!!! Look it up!

"lying, cheating, and stealing,"? Hahaha! Good one.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Most of all, I have seethed with anger at those who shamefully derided out military, blissfully reporting on their failures and neglecting their successes. They triumphantly celebrated our difficulties by running daily body counts of our own heroic men killed in battle with the enemy, even publishing their pictures in papers and on TV as if to mock the President who sent them to defend our nation. I have only disgust for such tactics. And those are the very same people who now plead for "united actions" in the House and Senate, now that they are in a steadily declining minority. I would advise our President to "watch your six" because these are really enemies and they are not to be trusted.

I can't think of how many times I tried to say exactly this in countless threads... Only to be shot down because of my poor thread typing skills... I have a hard time expressing my thoughts in these forums without leaving gaping holes for the libs to attack me... I started a thread once about the media and their continued focus on the negative points going on in the world and was told to quit watching FOX news....

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Screw the rest of the world! (...) I'm sick of the rest of the world. If you don't like us then ignore us. If you don't wanna get invaded, then don't harbor terrorist!!!

And after that they come and cry that the rest of the world hates America... hmmm, could it be because neocons want the rest of the world to care about America, but don't want to give a damn about the rest of the world?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't care if the rest of the world cares about America. Most conservatives don't. All we ask is that the rest of the world respect us and leave us alone. It just upsets me to no end that most of this planet hates this country to no end. When we're giving 90% of this planet our money!!! We have a trade deficit with every country we trade with. Yet those countries curse us. We hold their heads above the water, and how do they repay us? By spitting in our face! So to the countries and people that hate the U.S., guess what: I hate you too!

I do wish that we would pull out of Iraq and every other country we're in. (war or peace). I wish we would become a seclusionist country again like we were for over 130 years. But alas, do you know what would happen if we did? Tyranny would take hold of this planet. Why do you think there are no more Hitlers or Stalins or saddams or anybody of any consequence? Because of the United States of America!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Halloween - I think that's saying that no other country in the world can ever hope to have the virtues of the USA... is that what you're saying? That you're more virtous than any other country on the face of this earth?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
So go ahead, don't even bother with elections anymore, since "lying, cheating, and stealing," are all you have to gloat about.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

I still don't understand why you people keep spouting this rhetoric. Bush has just won by almost a landside. Over 3 million votes.

So, the president got a majority, a lot of them have. The 2 guys after reagon didn't . Big frikken deal. So Perot didn't run this time-whoop te do. That's not a "landslide". Yes he won by a lot of votes. Look at the percentages. He got like 53% of the votes. That means that Kerry got like 47% of 'em .
That is not a landslide, no matter how you look at it.

Also, note that we have more people both in the country and actually voting than ever. Whoever won could say that they have won by the largest amount of people. That just ignores the amount of people who voted for the other guy.

Note: I don't think Bush stole this election. NOr am I trying to whine abou tit, but this" he won by a landslide" nonsense is just that nonsense.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think you're taking the winning by a landslide thing to literally. In terms of numbers it wasn't a landslide victory. If, however, you look at everything that Bush overcame to win this Presidency as opposed to previous elections. The liberal get out and vote tactic, every Hollywood phony preaching Bush hate throughout the elction, Musicians for Kerry, etc. Even with this unprecidented liberal Agenda Bush still won. Kerry got more votes then any other losing presidential candidate in history. But, the Republicans came out even stronger in opposition and won the elction, control the house and the senate, and soon the Supreme court will be void of those commie leftists too. Lets see how much more terror the ACLU can inflict on the majority of this country after that happens. How many of you actually though Kerry had a chance?

[edit on 16-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by tgandrew
Americans discover that their national myth (absolute superiority) is just that: a myth.
Your dead wrong....not all Americans think we have "absolute superiority" not all Americans think we can do anything with no consequences...the rest of the world needs to remember that only 51% wanted Bush in office...don't clump all of together like that. We have no control over what our government does..
We DO have control, we just dont want it. Its easier to be led by the ears. We deserve anything we get.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I think you're taking the winning by a landslide thing to literally. In terms of numbers it wasn't a landslide victory.

Well that's what landslide means. so I don't see how I'm "taking it literally" when that's how they used it.

Originally posted by LostSailor If, however, you look at everything that Bush overcame to win this Presidency as opposed to previous elections. The liberal get out and vote tactic, every Hollywood phony preaching Bush hate throughout the elction, Musicians for Kerry, etc.

How is it "liberal" to get out the vote? And just how were consevatives not doing the exact same thing?

Originally posted by LostSailor Even with this unprecidented liberal Agenda Bush still won.

I know to many consevative republicans who wanted that flipfloping liberal weiny Bush out of office to believe that "liveral agenda" crap.

Originally posted by LostSailor Kerry got more votes then any other losing presidential candidate in history.

This doesn't help your case.

Originally posted by LostSailor But, the Republicans came out even stronger in opposition and won the elction, control the house and the senate,

Yes, they've had control of the house and senate for a while now. They've yet to actually do much with it.

Originally posted by LostSailor and soon the Supreme court will be void of those commie leftists too.

If you actually think their either "leftist" or "commie" then you need to look again. Their main goal has been to shink gov't, and last time I checked that was a Republican goal.

Originally posted by LostSailor Lets see how much more terror the ACLU can inflict on the majority of this country after that happens.

Well, as they haven't "infilicted terror," as you put it, into anyone yet, though I know some Christian who've been doing that.

And it's quite possible for all of them to stay on board until Bush leaves.

Originally posted by LostSailorHow many of you actually though Kerry had a chance?

You mean "thought" right? How many of us "thought" kerry had a chance?

Well, anyone with a brain, for starters.
It's easy to look back and say " he never had a chance" but you don't really know that. Unpleasant as it may be to admit it either of them could have won.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join