It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US homeless turns in $42,000, gets $100,000 instead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
US homeless turns in $42,000, gets $100,000 instead voiceofrussia.com...

Honesty has - quite literally - paid off for a US homeless man who turned in a $42,000 find: a bid to raise money for him passed the $100,000 mark on Thursday. Glen James came across a backpack containing $2,400 in cash and some $40,000 in traveler's checks, along with a passport, at a Boston shopping mall on Saturday. He promptly alerted authorities, earning him special thanks and recognition from the city's police chief, Ed Davis. But that wasn't enough for Ethan Whittington, a 27-year-old who launched an online fundraising effort to help James find his footing. As of 1630 GMT, that effort - on gofundme.com - had garnered $104,625.

edit on 19-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Think I would have kept the money instead but just shows you what some good people are out there in the world....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Think I would have kept the money instead but just shows you what some good people are out there in the world....

And now we all know why you're not rolling in 100K worth of American currency.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Would prefer British money lol

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is that 1% or even less time. Most cases he would get $500 or something even less. But regardless hopefully he doesn't just blow it on drugs and or booze. Hope he can get back on his feet.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Warms my heart, he probably didn't even hesitate!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

HawkeyeNation
But regardless hopefully he doesn't just blow it on drugs and or booze. Hope he can get back on his feet.

Aww man, you know homeless people are just all useless druggies and drunks who are in that situation because they're useless druggies and drunks. Probably rapists too.

I know, I've met homeless people. They all stink and probaly eat their own poo. Useless people. Probably taste horrible also, thats why we don't just eat them.

Hopefully he doesn't like eat 10000000000000 hamburgers either. Hamburgers are made from garbage. He'd better spend it all on milk and tuna sandwiches.

TO make sure he's able to get past whatever drug and alcohol and sex addiction issues he has. He's homeless, so it's all true. I never assume anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

greencmp

Warms my heart, he probably didn't even hesitate!

Reminds me that the world is not entirely doomed. A guy obviously in desperate times of his life, who is still selfless. Doing the right thing.

Amazing he was able to not spend the 42k on drugs and alcohol. and give it back....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

winofiend

HawkeyeNation

Aww man, you know homeless people are just all useless druggies and drunks who are in that situation because they're useless druggies and drunks. Probably rapists too.

don't be so narrow minded you may find yourself there oneday and people will stereotype wonderful self

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Puzzle

winofiend

HawkeyeNation

don't be so narrow minded you may find yourself there oneday and people will stereotype wonderful self

umm you need a sarcasm detector...

you failed to see the point of this post

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

lol
I see now

new topics

top topics

join