It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction Insight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just realized something that makes the Law of Attraction make perfect sense. It all has to do with our country's tendency to label things - often, those labels carry no weight because they are simply put on an empty shell!

How long until when you go to the store to buy "Toothpaste" entirely assuming that it is for cleaning teeth, but the company realizes you don't actually check, so fills it with sugar paste?

How long until a law passes called "The Patriot Act" that is about nothing of the sort, but because of the label, people think it is?

This is like the opposite of the Law of Attraction, this is the Law of Stupidity.

---------

So, think about this - the Law of Attraction says to act as if you had the label, before you get it? Well, in all honesty, that actually makes a lot more sense than getting the label and then never earning it after.

For example, when I say I love someone, does that mean I love them? Or does that mean I want a label put on me saying I love them?

Instead of saying I love someone, doesn't it make more sense to express it? And to experience it? And to work out all of the kinks? And then after expressing it and knowing it, doesn't that mean when I say it she is more likely to say "Aww, I love you too?"

----------

From what I realized, The Law of Attraction makes a lot more sense than anything else.

edit on 19-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Years ago I was totally skeptical of the LoA but I became enamored of an exotic beautiful woman and decided to give the concept a try. My chosen strategy was the use of sigils and focused meditation.

www.google.com... 4&dpr=1

Long story short....she did become attracted to me and we established a romantic relationship.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

Be very careful what you wish for!!!

I still wonder if it was the "majic" that brought her into my life or something [higher power] teaching me a very valuable lesson.

edit on 19-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

That is hilarious! I presented my case in the O.P. - other than that, let's see. I have made mistakes like that before as well when it comes down to it. I think a lot of this stems from Eastern Philosophy - check this out.

The docility and acceptance of the cow epitimizes the attitude which leads to clarity. To become docile we let go of all resistance to, and rejection of, what is happening. We accept every twist and turn of events as something useful and essential to the creative process. We cling docilely to what is good in ourselves and others, even if this is the smallest of embers. Through docility we are able to keep disengaged from the inferior power [edit to add: this is basically fear controlling our ego and keeping us from seeing things objectively] When others are sharp, we can be dull, able to maintain a moderate and just view of our own and of their mistakes. Docility thus allows clarity and independence to return.

A Guide to the I-Ching, Carol K. Anthony, 30. The Clinging, Fire

So if you look at that, we have a few traits here like "docility" and "acceptance" and "being dull" that could be really nasty ways to get into an abusive relationship. The thing about Eastern philosophy is that it seems to me there are a lot of ways this could happen to someone who accidentally dabbles in it.

On a way deeper level though, it makes sense -

but it is almost a prerequisite to using it effectively to have independence prior to engaging socially and maintain inner independence while socializing as a whole as well, or risk being taken over.

I've made the mistake in the past of not standing up for myself, and ending up in situations where I can't get out easily.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If a company tries to pass off a product with false labeling they will find themselves out of business rather quickly.

If a politician passes a bill that is not what it seems to be he will be voted out of office.

Therefore I don't believe we will ever see this happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

It already happened with The Patriot Act, and false or misleading advertising always happens in our society every single day. The toothpaste was a metaphor.

Even someone who is dressing pretty in order to cover up the fact they have bad character is an example of the theme I am presenting -

The theme of label over content.

Racism is an example of the larger theme as well - as this is an area where people label someone based on the color of their skin and not the content of their character.

What you said about people realizing that the metaphorical toothpaste was actually sugar paste happens a lot less often than you think -

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

darkbake
I just realized something that makes the Law of Attraction make perfect sense. It all has to do with our country's tendency to label things - often, those labels carry no weight because they are simply put on an empty shell!

How long until when you go to the store to buy "Toothpaste" entirely assuming that it is for cleaning teeth, but the company realizes you don't actually check, so fills it with sugar paste?

How long until a law passes called "The Patriot Act" that is about nothing of the sort, but because of the label, people think it is?

This is like the opposite of the Law of Attraction, this is the Law of Stupidity.

---------

So, think about this - the Law of Attraction says to act as if you had the label, before you get it? Well, in all honesty, that actually makes a lot more sense than getting the label and then never earning it after.

For example, when I say I love someone, does that mean I love them? Or does that mean I want a label put on me saying I love them?

Instead of saying I love someone, doesn't it make more sense to express it? And to experience it? And to work out all of the kinks? And then after expressing it and knowing it, doesn't that mean when I say it she is more likely to say "Aww, I love you too?"

----------

From what I realized, The Law of Attraction makes a lot more sense than anything else.

LoA is a tawdry descriptive label in itself (I don't mean this to be a mean comment)...there really is a much larger mechanism being interacted with (with us as the pertinent cogs)...a convoluted, non-contiguous, venned, series of seemingly ever-complex mathematical calculations being outplayed moment by moment...

What the LoA does say (which is absolutely correct) is that all outcomes already exist in potential form. It is the 'getting to' that outcome that stumps units...and yet people live it on a daily basis, maybe taking years to reach that outcome...and neither is proof nor unproof - but what can be said is that a potential was reached within a construct of Time, which is a necessary parameter for solid objects to be in...since it is a defining of the concept of the interaction of non-solid thought on solid objects - there needs to be a nexus, a matrix within which this occurs (real or not)...

A brain equipped with chemical emotions and a capability outstripping the capabilities for it to be reproduced artificially, is necessary for...survival of the fittest?!...that, would be called design overkill...the ability to construct the circumstances for the destruction of its own existence, points to something more subtle and ubiquitous, at the edges of peoples' vision...that computing power is there for a reason...

Å99

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

What you are saying is complicated, Akushla. I do agree with it. The truth of the matter is a lot of our mind's full potential is held back through fear and social norms - if we were able to experience enough to open our mind and at the same time be able to make good decisions

(the process of opening the mind seems to result in bad decisions as we learn, failure is the only way to success) -

So yes. What is the point? I think the evidence seems to point to a way for us to learn, as spirits, through experiences, more about life and how to be happy.

It could also be an alien race or technologically advanced civilization that is running a simulation for cultural reasons (producing games like Skyrim) or possibly diplomatic reasons (determining and studying the pros and cons of different philosophies).

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

darkbake
reply to post by akushla99

What you are saying is complicated, Akushla. I do agree with it. The truth of the matter is a lot of our mind's full potential is held back through fear and social norms - if we were able to experience enough to open our mind and at the same time be able to make good decisions

(the process of opening the mind seems to result in bad decisions as we learn, failure is the only way to success) -

So yes. What is the point? I think the evidence seems to point to a way for us to learn, as spirits, through experiences, more about life and how to be happy.

It could also be an alien race or technologically advanced civilization that is running a simulation for cultural reasons (producing games like Skyrim) or possibly diplomatic reasons (determining and studying the pros and cons of different philosophies).

I couldn't agree more...

'Simulation' though, is a too-neat description...we're dealing with the nexus of solid material and infused spirit...that took some expert abilities...whatever/whoever learned enough to tweak the connection, only ever did so within the set parameters of a system already established...no capacity or need to 'create' a new one/s...negativity is a degradation of an original idea...is re-actionary (not actionary)...it's the dark side of the abilities, spawning their own creations...

LoA et al ask you to remain on the front foot, to not entertain that shaded aspect, because its consideration is part of the mechanics of its product from spirit to material (it works in any direction)...partly explains why folk just love to dispute it on 'results' alone, while unwilling to examine (with the same gusto) what manouvrings they accomplished in the nexus between spirit and material.

Cheers

Å99

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Its not really about expressing, though living your dream in the now is a part of this, so behaving in opposite manner would be counter productive. Its about using your imagination to surround yourself with your dream as if it is real. Your subconscious interfaces with your body, spirit, and with universe, and the Conscious Part Of US is the stupid part of us in tests, behind a veil of forgetfulness (could be compared to a thimbleful of our infinite self, leaping into a movie to grow our consciousness, learn and overcome shadow), needs to interface with subconscious and Spirit. So you just see it as real.

But more and more I realize, as I change my mind alot, that the best thing to do is, to have long term goals, BUT, then stay in your present and seek within, this day, as a gift, reaching goals or better goals, this or something better, to grow and assist.

Because life is meant to have moments that are not prearranged, to our conscious minds knowledge anyway, they might still be under the veil, but its like when I read Anne of Green Gables, something that stayed with me all my life, is the bend in the road. Things are meant to be like the bend in the road, spontaneous and interactive and flexible, where we might go another direction....

So lately I see the setting of goals more about setting a current state and mode to grow in, safety, persistent healing and awakening of all people, those working for the elites, joining with us, gaining courage, a persistent and stubborn bypassing of disasters, fukushima, and instead seeing solutions just outpouring and every single person on earth loved and healing and safe, with land and food. I see not as a future event but as a platform, this IS the way it is now. But try to keep all the bends in the road open. And to give thanks to Higher Power and Family of Love for their Love and Help, and that I become a better Lover and Helper of others.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The thing is, when you feel things with positive emotion, happy thoughts, and imagine good news being discussed, and feel emotions, this helps your conscious interface with subconscious.

Subconscious doesnt do time. It is in No Time, in the Now. And if your subconscious believes you, then things can improve, healings can be accessed, and you can begin to get into a position to assist others.

In a sense, the real underlying goal is beyond Law of Affinity, its actually becoming your Higher Self, aware self, pulling away from Fear and All Lower Primitive Impulses and programs, genetically and via society or the world's mismanagement team, so that you always have a choice, and can override body suit promptings to dominate or greed or be angry or ignore the plight of others, and can learn to operate from Higher Mind.

That is more important than the actual law of affinity stuff.

top topics

join