It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner asks why Obama will negotiate with Putin but not Republicans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Hill

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) released a Web video on Thursday seeking to contrast the White House’s willingness to work with the Russians to find a diplomatic solution in Syria against President Obama’s declaration that he won’t negotiate with Republicans over the debt limit.

Read more: thehill.com...
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by atsmediapro

Why is Boehner making things up again? Seriously, what happened to all the adults on that side?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You have to start with the premise that both sides are willing to negotiate.

The right wing is currently in "take no prisoners" mode. The last go-round on the debt ceiling and the constant pounding of sand on Obamacare. There's such an amalgam of broken beliefs they are paralyzed as a team. There's no real memes to get behind with any real horsepower except Christian fundies. They will eat their young trying to prove how pious they are.

They have the political acumen of Genghis Khan. So what's the point?

At least a progressive has the ability to change their mind. Contrary to what you've been hearing lately, that's not immoral.

Fascinating screwball comedy.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Because Boehner just bends over, grabs his ankles and cries, what's to negotiate?
edit on 19-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Neither side is willing to negotiate.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Some translations for future quick reference.

Obama won't negotiate with republicans.
(translation; Obama thinks the GOP are poopy-heads and the GOP thinks Obama is a kaka-butt)

The GOP wants to defund Obamacare.
(translation; The GOP just wants to replace Obamacare with another government intrusive big money plan while not addressing the high costs of healthcare)

Hope and Change
(translation; The federal government is going to "prison-rape" the middle class)

Obama will negotiate with Putin.
(translation; Putin made a collect booty-call to Obama and Obama accepted the charges.)

Obama: We can raise the debt ceiling without raising the debt.
(traanslation; In about 5 years, we'll all be speaking Chinese.)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
You have to start with the premise that both sides are willing to negotiate.

The right wing is currently in "take no prisoners" mode. The last go-round on the debt ceiling and the constant pounding of sand on Obamacare. There's such an amalgam of broken beliefs they are paralyzed as a team. There's no real memes to get behind with any real horsepower except Christian fundies. They will eat their young trying to prove how pious they are.

They have the political acumen of Genghis Khan. So what's the point?

At least a progressive has the ability to change their mind. Contrary to what you've been hearing lately, that's not immoral.

Fascinating screwball comedy.

OK, I want anarchy, let's negotiate.

No, really, I want anarchy, let's negotiate. I'm serious.
edit on 19-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

...why Obama will negotiate with Putin but not Republicans

Because... War with the republicans is not as dangerous as war with Putin? I hope the Republicans and Putin never meet in the same room.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don’t even care anymore, both sides are idiots. It’s the blind leading the deaf. Kick them all out.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Negotiate? I was under the impression that Putin smoked this administration in statesmanship, well, for the lack of a better word. Boehner is a wiener. They won't work with Obama either. Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Because Putin is more rational than the current GOP?

Because unlike the GOP, Putin considers Pres. Obama to have legitimacy?

Or is Boehner equating his own party to the Assad regime and deserving of the same attention?

The last premise doesn't seem too far off, as the GOP are threatening to once again sabotage the fragile economic welfare of it's own people unless their demands are met in repealing democratically passed legislation.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

intrepid
Negotiate? I was under the impression that Putin smoked this administration in statesmanship, well, for the lack of a better word. Boehner is a wiener. They won't work with Obama either. Nice try though.

What cracks me up is that Boehner was unable to negotiate with his own party. He tried for weeks to get them to budge to a rational CR Debt Ceiling raise and they told him to stuff-it. So now he is left trying to sell a bill that can only lead to Gov. shut-down or the GOP retreating...A Bill he himself has been fighting against and failed to be able to negotiate a rational bill with his own TP caucus...and he expects the President to be able to make ground where he failed?????

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If they lead us off the fiscal cliff because of ego and whose side of the fence they are on, they all should be impeached and replaced as soon as possible. I'm just saying...
edit on 19-9-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Putin is a republican, sillies.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I have always thought of negotiating to be much like "adult arguing".

With that in mind, what was it your father told you about arguing with an idiot ??

Oh yes, they will only bring you down to their level.

The same might be true when negotiating.
edit on 19-9-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There's a point to be adhered.

You ask why Obama won't negotiate with Bonnerand the republicans. The problem, Bonner is suppose to be the head of that party. But, the party is so fractured, just who should one talk to.

IMO, in recent history, Dems have tried to compromise but Reps want no part of that. For them it's "my way or the highway".

I'm amazed that they haven't learned yet. This will end up costing them many more seats in Congress.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Maybe Obama and Putin have more in 'common' than meets the eye.

Would Putin negotiate with Republicans ?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

xuenchen

But neglects to say that Republicans won't negotiate with Obama.

Maybe Obama and Putin have more in 'common' than meets the eye.

They do. Both run their countries. Unlike Boehner.

Would Putin negotiate with Republicans ?

So the purpose of this is to say that Rep's would be better negotiating with Putin? Little hypocritical isn't that?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Would you want to?

C'mon old neo-cons believe in zombies, that allow pollution is positive, that endless spending on failed/failing military projects (F22, F35, Osprey) is a positive thing for the gov't and prefer helping the few over the many.

Really.

Derek

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Because the Republicans can't be trusted to keep their word, as half of them are a bunch of deluded Tea Baggers and the other half are the nutcases who thought that the Tea Baggers were an electoral asset that could be used and then ignored.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join