It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning for those who use ATS on their cell

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I wouldn't go that far man, it sounds awfully painful and where will I find a pickle at this time of the morning?

Crikey!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

AsarAlubat
you might try Opera Mini.

ACK! NO!!!

May the most wretched curse of all the Internets be cast upon the creators of that travesty!

Opera Mini is by no means a full-featured web browser, and was never intended as a means to access feature-rich websites.

Many, many sites designed like ATS (as a standards-compliant web application) break fast and hard in Opera Mini.
edit on 19-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That's quite a remark.

I don't personally use Opera (nor have I ever). I just put two and two together.. OP is running out of options..

Opera (Mini) seems to be the IPhone version of Opera. Who knows, maybe the OP can login and change a needed setting with Opera. Options are options.

Cheers anyway.

-AA

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

AsarAlubat
Opera (Mini) seems to be the IPhone version of Opera.

That's where the confusion comes in.

There is a full Opera mobile browser for iOS and Android... but it's not Opera Mini which is a different "light weight" (read: crap) browser.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hay, I see your still having problems. Have you updated to the ISO 7.0. If so it maybe the problem. This update gives you the option to set your browser to "private" .

After playing around with it, I've found I am loged out of ats with it set to private and no option of logging back in. I'm not very good at explaining.

The option to set it to private comes up when you touch the open new page tab, bottom right. Hope you find a solution.

I've switched from private to non private browsing a few times since update. Everytime im locked out of ats on private.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Akragon ol buddy. Do what SO told you. Install Chrome.

The hard reset is also a great idea.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Klassified
Akragon ol buddy. Do what SO told you. Install Chrome.

The hard reset is also a great idea.

I tried the hard reset... nothing.

And everytime I try to install chrome It asks me for a credit card to verify my age...

Wtf?!?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Akragon
And everytime I try to install chrome It asks me for a credit card to verify my age...

Correct. You won't be charged.

Browsers via Google Play and iTunes App Store are considered to give the users access to adult content... which is technically correct.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I was in EXACTLY the same position as you mate, and also had my requests/pleas ignored by SO.

I use the Dolpin browser on my Android, and only solved the problem by installing the desktop toggle add on to it.

Now it is much easier to use and navigate, but it's still a much worse user experience compared to the old design.

It's still clunky, graphics overlap each other when scrolling, sometimes links are non responsive, when typing it adds gaps in words and so on.

It's a shame, (because I currently only have a phone to use) my visits to the site have reduced by 50% because of this.

I'd be interested to see the traffic stats pre & post roll out, I bet I'm not tthe only one that visits less now :-(

Note: Had to go back and edit 6 mistakes due to spurious gaps being inserted :-/

edit on 20/9/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Akragon

Correct. You won't be charged.

Browsers via Google Play and iTunes App Store are considered to give the users access to adult content... which is technically correct.

Ya... but i'll be damned if im giving my credit card to google...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've had no problems logging in. The site works almost perfectly for me. Only one issue with the toolbar. When I resize the toolbar gets in the way.

Maybe your problem is isolated to the iPhone.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

snowspirit
I'm on an iPhone in desktop mode, and for a couple of weeks at a time, the phone is my only Internet access.

I sure hope SO is working on this problem, as sometimes for no reason, ats will just log us out.

Was just logged out (because sometimes the site just does that), and logging back in worked fine.

Although....the username field was hidden under a banner and I couldn't see what auto correct was putting in...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join