It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Earthquakes in SoCal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yngvarr

Dianec
I would be paying attention to animals and sounds in the environment.

Couldn't resist.

Appreciate that. Cats are cooky no matter what aren't they. How funny. During the loma prieta there was a change in my pets - were acting agitated. Had two birds at that time. Then afterwards (didn't pay attention before the quake) there was a chilling silence and stillness. I was told by others afterwards they noticed the quiet before. But cats - hard to predict that one:-). Who knows - that cat there - might be a reincarnation of Bob Marley. No worries

I posted this on quake watch but will here as well. Could this jolting people are feeling be related to the two strange quakes in May of this year?
It may be a longshot but these two come to mind. Could there be a relationship or would that not even make sense?

Had the Northern Cali one on May 23rd that was strange (unusual to feel these in NE part of state this strongly - especially near old volcanic fields.

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

Then had this oddball one - unusually deep on 5/24.
www.sciencedaily.com... This one was way further northwest but still two out of the norm quakes.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Battlefresh

Ehhh, the last article says...

On January 10, 1895, a newspaper, the Buckley Banner reports the eruption of Mount Baldy. The paper reports explosions "like the roar of a cannon" and a "crater alive with a terrible heat" (Buckley Banner). Although geologically unlikely and otherwise unconfirmed, the event is portrayed vividly with tendrils of molten lava snaking their way down the slopes and plumes of smoke that can be seen from as far away as Seattle, 50 miles to the northwest. The peak in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains looms above what is now (1999) the King County Fair Grounds on the east side of Enumclaw.

Enumclaw is a town right next to Mt Rainier in Washington State. Mt Rainier can be seen from Seattle as well. The article isn't talking about Mt Baldy in Southern California, it's talking about Mt Baldy "what is now (1999) the King County Fair Grounds" in Washington. Mt Baldy a.k.a Mt San Antonio is not a volcano...

HOWEVER...

It is connected directly to the San Andreas fault line; a massive fault line that stretches all the way up through California.
Jolty earthquakes are not common at all. I've lived in Cali my whole life and have experienced many quakes; they are never just quick jolts, they always last at least 5 seconds no matter how small. There's always a low rumble (unless it's too small) and the shaking is never consistent. And usually where there is one earthquake another will happen not too long afterwards (aftershocks or the destabilization in other areas of the fault line).

I don't know what to make of those quakes, but I do know that Mt Baldy is not a volcano and that Cali is overdue for another big quake.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

i was awake for that one today. i didnt feel the ones yesterday though. i live right down the street from the epicenter. i kind of have a strange feeling about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I remember several winters ago there was an EQ in Missouri I think ? It was a mid 5. I live in Northern Il and was woken up by a huge , loud CRACK , I thought a snow plow hit the guard rail , I had to go look , I then saw on the news about the EQ....

I find it fascinating how that happens and would love to hear an actual explanation as to what is occurring as it happens.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
People don't realize this and it needs to become evident.

When the sea level rises, Water pours inland into * Pockets* that dip below sealevel above or below ground.

These Pockets could of been formed by gas escaping and breaking apart the earth as pressure is building up.

Fault line? I believe Earth quakes are caused by. I donno if there really is a theory for it.

But basically There are large hollow chambers below the earth everywhere. When these gaps are compromised by ocean breaches above the ground or caused by flooding from to much rain it forces explosive Jolts as the earth spreads and ajudusts air pockets. Sometimes these Air pockets Push upward and in a fury of explosive pressure create a volcano.
Some of these have gone dorment. The Earth would be a network of these cavities that are formed by the tossing and land with magma in currents forcing air to be sucked down that cools with the large dense liquides flowing above. The processes would leave a sort of swiss cheese effect. Tho some of these holes may not be noticable * based on elemental consistancy of the molten rock at the site of the local volcanos* There may or may not be more gaps below the earth.

With the south and north poles forcing sea water to rise and fall And as well as our own human actions with mining near coasts.

We could potencially have breached major subteraining cavaties.
I personally think that most activities near any coasts will cause such an effect.
I believe that we would have a titanic effect. Where one haul is breached, The torrenting waters and pressures have a Domino effect at a subterainen level. Until it hits a magma cavity and forces steam to come belting out of nearby volcanos as air travels through passage ways the continuing torrent of water may *weald* the magma cavities dependig on which direction the steam goes and what else is breached.

All things to consider..
If a big cavity it could cause full scale eruptions shortly after the torrenting water reachs multitudes of gallons we would hear all kinds of sounds coming from the ocean... as the land slowly rips itself apart.

What is happening to the planet is underground chambers that are not Sink holes... will become sink holes.

Understand what i am saying? How this happens?

And to better yet show you what im talking about. Take a look at this.
edit on 21-9-2013 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Dianec
There was the unusual one in NE Cali (Alturas, etc), a few months ago so what your all describing is concerning. I grew up in the bay area and have family there as well as the NE but clearly this is being felt only in the Southern and mid areas of the state (or are people feeling this dropping in other parts of the state)? It's almost as if something was disturbed by the quake a few months ago. For some reason it's affecting LA.

I would be paying attention to animals and sounds in the environment (all the sudden no birds chirping, air still, etc). I would also call an expert there if that worried. Maybe from UCLA or even one of the quake centers.

I remember there was a small earthquake in Northern California (well, quite a few) back in 2000, but we were going home in the evening and the air was perfectly still, not a breeze, not a plant moving. And all the birds were quiet too. Our bus driver commented that she just knew something was going to happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Checking in from Pasadena, and I feel it too. It's coming. Long overdue as far as history is concerned. I've had the feeling for about 4 months, and now feeling is off the charts.

Keep water handy, if you have a pool, don't rely on that being available for water. After Northridge, we learned the hard way. That sucker emptied in about 4.5 hours. Pick up a few lifestraws if you can. They come in handy when on the move.

Keep you heads together and check on your neighbors. We're going to all need each other.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

2.5 years ago i had a roommate living in my basement. He was doing renos in the unfinished part and playing some lousy rave, while I was doing my best to get my beauty rest and dream a la dorian grey. Well, long story short, I kind of lost it, proceeded to my hallway, and tried to drive my foot through the floor sheeting that covered my old school 2x10 floor joists. About five times. My knee took a licking, and I keep a ticking, now I just hope for my heart to hold out.

P.s. The point of this being, Sorry I caused those earthquakes. Who knew it would take them 2.5 years to get there?

namaste

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Maybe ????

You have to suggest that?

3.5 is no bigger than a truck rumbling past a house in the mid west. Go have a coffee and relax. If you've already had one, lay off the coffee.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This morning I was sitting outside and felt a sharp jolt that was very quick. Staying near Palm Springs. It felt different, not like other earthquakes that I have experienced. My roommate just heard a sharp cracking type noise. Weird.

M3.5 - 12km SSE of Anza, California 2013-09-22 13:10:10 UTC

Link

edit on 22-9-2013 by PacificBlue because: grammar

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
HAARP ULF activity? Makes perfect sense to test it in areas of known EQ activity.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

PacificBlue

This morning I was sitting outside and felt a sharp jolt that was very quick. Staying near Palm Springs. It felt different, not like other earthquakes that I have experienced. My roommate just heard a sharp cracking type noise. Weird.

M3.5 - 12km SSE of Anza, California 2013-09-22 13:10:10 UTC

Link

edit on 22-9-2013 by PacificBlue because: grammar

Very interesting. I felt the 4.9 near Eureka last week and noted the same thing. A quick jolt followed by two other quick jolts, but no rumbling motion. It was much different from other equakes I've been through.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join