It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Earthquakes in SoCal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's a bit hard to tell whether these earthquakes are foreshocks to "the big one." On the one side, you got people with normalcy bias saying that nothing will ever happen now since nothing has happened in the recent past, and on the other side, you've got people who see the recent full moon in conjunction with the Autumn Equinox as some sort of sign.

Only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Battlefresh

best to have many small ones releasing the stress in small increments than one big massive shift.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

There was another one at 2am this morning. Same location. I slept through it, but I had friends who felt it. News report here touch.latimes.com.../-1/article/p2p-77480013/

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

lol

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wait a minute! I live in California and earthquakes of much larger magnitudes often go unnoticed and I cannot recall anyone ever discussing or being frightened by an earthquake with a magnitude less than 4. Where I live, earthquakes of this size are almost routine. Seems very odd to me that so many people are spooked by what is a relatively small earthquake.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynned

It's because of the odd epicenter location and abrupt nature of the quakes. Personally I'm not fearing a major event, but I do have a strange feeling I can't put my finger on and I wanted to see if I was alone...obviously I'm not, which doesn't help this feeling!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You sir, (I'm assuming) are one heck of an investigator and
should maybe consider being a investigative journalist.
But back on topic , I hope it's nothing. I know its overdue out there,
but I'm also hoping Mother Earth can hold off a few more thousand years.
Sit tight, I'll be thinking good thoughts and sending them your way.

edit on 20-9-2013 by sealing because: sp

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hi. That feeling of dropping is not one people usually complain about. I went hunting to see if there would be a way to tell in the readouts whether there was straight slippage. I did a screen cap of LA seismo and wondered if anyone who knows can tell if those two caterpillar- looking things on the graph below could be what those are? Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

SonicInfinity
It's a bit hard to tell whether these earthquakes are foreshocks to "the big one." On the one side, you got people with normalcy bias saying that nothing will ever happen now since nothing has happened in the recent past, and on the other side, you've got people who see the recent full moon in conjunction with the Autumn Equinox as some sort of sign.

Only time will tell.

Another Equinox goody,,,at 5:40 P.M here in Cape Breton,, Sunday,,at the time of the Equinox,, one will be able too tell what kind of Winter it will be.

If cold and North wind,,etc,,,,

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

My first post. I have to chime in on the Whittier Narrows quake. I was two blocks from the epicenter. Just walked into my office and turned on the lights. I thought a truck had hit the building. My shelves emptied, the ceiling tiles started coming down. Moved my car two parking spaces. Deffinite E-ticket ride. Born and raised in So Cal. I have not heard so much talk about an under 4 bumper. Gotta be something odd about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

this is very recent,, is this your viewing area? ABC7 ,, ?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by Battlefresh

Your feelings were spot on in my estimation. Japan just suffered a 5.3 about 20 miles south of Fukushima.

Can precursor tremors be felt in different parts of the world before a larger one goes off on the other side of the Pacific?

Let's hope this is the end of it. How much more can Japan take?

CdT

There is a chain reaction effect that is known to extend as far as 5000 miles. When one tectonic plate slips, it releases pressure/tension elsewhere and another tectonic plate can move. I've noticed that sometimes these large earthquakes are over 120 degrees in longitude apart, almost as if the Earth is rebalancing on itself.

We had a similar earthquake in Aberdeen, Scotland back in the early 1980's. There was a sudden "bang" as all the windows in every house in the city were lifted up then down. At the time, our downstairs neighbors had a deaf Persian white cat - he never ever made a sound except just before this happened and yowled continuously.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I asked the experts on Quake Watch what they think in regards to that particular "dropping" sensation. You can find the thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... to see what they say.

There is also this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... which is about the cascadia subduction zone and ETS (Episodic Tremor and Slip) is the conversation now with graphs. Check it out.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The LA Times must find this interesting as well, they have a report on a "series of 9" earthquakes in this area. Link here www.latimes.com...

I still believe there will be more to come in the next few weeks.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

MamaJ
reply to post by aboutface

I asked the experts on Quake Watch what they think in regards to that particular "dropping" sensation. You can find the thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... to see what they say.

There is also this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... which is about the cascadia subduction zone and ETS (Episodic Tremor and Slip) is the conversation now with graphs. Check it out.

I felt a dropping sensation a year or two back when that 3.5 or 4 hit Yorba Linda, and it was a strange feeling.

As for the other quakes lately, we did have a decent shaker about 4-5 years ago when a undiscovered
fault near Chino rumbled. I can't remember what the mag was but I felt it in my office in Cypress.

I'm no quakeoligist but I'd imagine you can expect the unexpected around this neck of the woods.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There was the unusual one in NE Cali (Alturas, etc), a few months ago so what your all describing is concerning. I grew up in the bay area and have family there as well as the NE but clearly this is being felt only in the Southern and mid areas of the state (or are people feeling this dropping in other parts of the state)? It's almost as if something was disturbed by the quake a few months ago. For some reason it's affecting LA.

I would be paying attention to animals and sounds in the environment (all the sudden no birds chirping, air still, etc). I would also call an expert there if that worried. Maybe from UCLA or even one of the quake centers.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Dianec
I would be paying attention to animals and sounds in the environment.

Couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Are you asking me? If so, yes. There have been a few today as there usually are, but I was wondering about the two rectangular narrow ones that are on the opposite side of the drum from where you screen captured.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

i have never been through an earthquake and dont mean to sound stupid...but
that rumbling sound was very loud. is that normal for a quake?
i think i would really freak out!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

autopat51
reply to post by Yngvarr

i have never been through an earthquake and dont mean to sound stupid...but
that rumbling sound was very loud. is that normal for a quake?
i think i would really freak out!

In my experience there's a slight rumbling sound but not like
the one in that video. But then I again I try to maintain my
composure and not cry like an 8 year old girl with a skinned knee,
so I might be shutting it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join