It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plugin adds NSA-trolling keywords to URLs you load

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've put this post in "Political Issues" since it deals with NSA snooping;

According to this web browser plugin creator:

Flagger is a browser add-on that automatically puts red flag keywords (like bomb, Taliban and anthrax) into the web addresses you visit. Install Flagger and help us send a message: government surveillance has gone too far.

The NSA has a facility that allegedly stores a yottabyte of snooped data, imagine if all of that data became useless because everything was a red flag...?

(mods feel free to move this to whatever appropriate forum)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If ATS coders have a spare moment, they could put random keywords and messages in for us.

So instead of linking to a thread by

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the bods at ATS could make it

www.abovetopsecret.com...&dear_nsa=stop%20watching%20us

edit on 19-9-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sure why not.
I love talking with FBI types that come up to my door to ask me questions.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sorry, but this is a useless waste of time.

(If) it were true that the US government were spying on its
citizens solely to impede terrorism then this approach
would certainly stifle their effectiveness

But that is the feel-good cover story. In reality the accumulation of
data on every American citizen has far more nefarious purpose.

Its purpose is to stifle dissent. Its purpose is complete control.

Become a loud enough voice for opposition to government and your file
will be pulled and every bit of information gleaned will be used against
you in every way possible--intimidation, coercion, blackmail, threat
of incarceration, and incarceration.

We are all guilty of something....rare is the man who has no bone in
his closet

edit on 19-9-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow, what a creative way for the government to put everyone on a watch list!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thought this may be the cure ..The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff announces publicly the creation of a world internet system INDEPENDENT from US and Britain ( the “US-centric internet”). www.globalresearch.ca...

Also Thought this may be the cure ..The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff announces publicly the creation of a world internet system INDEPENDENT from US and Britain ( the “US-centric internet”). www.globalresearch.ca...

Also Canadian billionaire businessman Ned Goodman predicts the end of the U.S. Dollar as the world's reserve currency. He predicts the transition out of the U.S. Dollar will become, "...quite ugly."
Lecture at Cambridge House's Toronto Resource Investment Conference 2013 on Thursday, September 12, 2013.

"In my view, the dollar is about to become dethroned as the world's de facto currency. I'll tell you how I came to that conclusion so quickly... the new President of China, Xi Jinping, his first visit on the day of his becoming President, was at his request to meet with Mr. Putin. And he immediately made a deal with Mr. Putin to get all the oil that he needs, which he can buy in Renminbi."

"We're headed to a period of stagflation, maybe serious inflation, but stagflation for sure, and the United States will be losing the privilege to print at its will, the world's reserve currency. A period that's going to be very inflationary, and I can tell you that before that happens, it is likely that it is going to get quite ugly." - Ned Goodman

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

rival
Sorry, but this is a useless waste of time.

(If) it were true that the US government were spying on its
citizens solely to impede terrorism then this approach
would certainly stifle their effectiveness

But that is the feel-good cover story. In reality the accumulation of
data on every American citizen has far more nefarious purpose.

Its purpose is to stifle dissent. Its purpose is complete control.

Become a loud enough voice for opposition to government and your file
will be pulled and every bit of information gleaned will be used against
you in every way possible--intimidation, coercion, blackmail, threat
of incarceration, and incarceration.

We are all guilty of something....rare is the man who has no bone in
his closet

edit on 19-9-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

Then all the more reason for this add-on to exist. If the information the government has gathered on it's people is going to be used for some nefarious purpose then why not make the data they have useless.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This particular idea may not work too well, but the idea of a always on passive protest by that many people would be pretty cool.

perhaps also use as a basic polling thing "install this add on to show your support for XYZ" count the number of addons in use

So plus one for cunning attempt!!!!!
edit on 19-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I hope that people now stop asking why nothing is done about acts of terrorism if it is found that the perpetrators talked openly about it on the net, will have an answer. The very people asking, are the onmes now making any real attempt at prevention, impossible.

Not only do the snoopers not act on such things unless they have cetainty of imminent intent, but now, even with certaitny of imminent intent, they likely won't find it mixed in with all the chaff.

Awesome. Well, I hope I live in a secluded enough area not to be a target. Just you big city folk.

thanks random internet idiots, making the world stupider.

I might start ringing crime stoppers and putting in random houses for meth labs. Hahaha yeah, because you know, I disagre with most drug laws and it's hilarious to waste resources and make things worse.

And I'm so smart I know they wont make even more stupid laws and tighter restrictions because of it. Hoora!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea. Even IF such surveillance does help US government agencies to catch terrorists, it is not worth it. The US was founded on concrete principals of liberty, and those cannot be forgotten or changed, ILLEGALLY, on the whim of the NSA or anyone else. If it were brought to the people, that is one thing, IF the people decided that this is what they wanted, but that never occurred.

The government just blatantly disregarded the liberty of all its citizens, and someone should pay for this. Many people should. I would like to see them pay legally, but it does not look like that is going to happen, so how will justice be done? It is not like this is some small thing. This is a HUGE deal. We are talking about human rights and liberties here. That is important.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No thanks i don't want my Computer to be confiscated by the FBI.

top topics

join