It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like a candle in night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Oh,I have done this a very small painting,done very fast in less then 30 minutes.

I know it is not that beautiful but it's made with love and very very fast to see what is coming out in 30 minutes.

It is more like an experiment,made for critique.

Oil on canvas.

source:my paintings.

Like a candle in the night

a light living forever

beautiful clouds surrounding your towers

streets bathed in red and white

you never know when begins the night

thousands of years of existence

always in the same distance

closer and closer to my heart

a love that never part

so unforgettable

that's why darling

you always come back to me

in your beautiful blue dress

made of flowers of my heart

a lady with a mystic smile

many dreams have been brought to your doorstep

they never die there

you are warm,even when it's cold

in your arms many souls you hold

for them a new light

like a candle in the night.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

There are a few issues I have with it. umm I don't like some of the parts where you can see the canvas too easily. I don't like how the tower is leaning too the right. I would like it to the left.

The color balance of light and dark looks good on the left side but on the right side I feel like it looks odd. Messes up the effect for my brain a bit. Don't like how the tower seems outlined.

Those may be personal tastes.

The Colors make me happy and I like that it stretches off into the distance like my thoughts often do.

It's one of my favorites you have done. If you had spent more time on it I'd want a print.

edit on 9/19/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Reminds me of Big Ben, as if you were sailing east down the Thames or maybe crossing Westminster bridge?

Not sure, either way I like it. Reminds me of London burning. Was that the intent? it does look remarkably like Houses of Parliament on the left.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

It's one of my favorites you have done. If you had spent more time on it I'd want a print.
I am glad you like it,but it is made on a small canvas,and very fast.

But in the future I will try to do one on a big canvas,and very detailed,in the necessary time needed.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

RAY1990

Reminds me of Big Ben, as if you were sailing east down the Thames or maybe crossing Westminster bridge?

Not sure, either way I like it. Reminds me of London burning. Was that the intent? it does look remarkably like Houses of Parliament on the left.
Something like that ,London,but burning of love.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

piequal3because14

I am glad you like it,but it is made on a small canvas,and very fast.

But in the future I will try to do one on a big canvas,and very detailed,in the necessary time needed.

Yea I have it blown up as my desktop background so I get the size thing.
It's the vibe of the paint that feels warm. Almost like the buildings are sharing their energy with the air and anything in the area. Like a dance.

I've always wanted to paint a path like that with trees that are lighting up the sky a lot like your picture. Sort of a night picture with glowing forest energy. I'm not very good though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Hi Piq

You know me I won't hold back

I genuinely like this one, best one yet

Cody

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi Piq

You know me I won't hold back

I genuinely like this one, best one yet

I am glad that you enjoy it my friend,still more work to do on a bigger canvas for this one, somewhere in the future.

The same eternal beauty of London.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yea I have it blown up as my desktop background so I get the size thing.
It's the vibe of the paint that feels warm. Almost like the buildings are sharing their energy with the air and anything in the area. Like a dance.

I've always wanted to paint a path like that with trees that are lighting up the sky a lot like your picture. Sort of a night picture with glowing forest energy. I'm not very good though.
You can still try to paint,if it's coming from your heart,then it will be lighted as your wish.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Very nice! Its wonderful as is, and I accept everything about it. But one thing that is a little iffy for me visually (which I dont know if it adds to it, or would be better off without it) is the smudgy area to the right of the distant road. It is like against the grain area of horizontal smudge strokes. It kinda looks cool, it kinda throws me off from the rest of the painting, it kinda may offer some kind of balance for the eye given that there is a lot going on in the left, which is maybe why you did it unpurpose if you did. Its the part where there are no more cities on the sky line, the red lines on the right lead to it. Its just an area where my eye naturally leads to, it stands out to me that one little area. The entire painting and style is wonderful though
keep it up!
edit on 20-9-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Thank you ImaFungi for the fact that you like it as it is,It is a painting which I've done on a very small canvas my friend, and very fast,in 30 minutes,so I guess you cannot get very much out of it.

But I am glad that you like it as it is.

top topics

join