It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation : The whores name explained

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

thanks for the reply

are we not in the future tho? if not, what makes you think it's a future beyond now, rather than the times we are in? (is it because we don't have the mark yet?)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, a whore symbolizes instant gratification without worrying about betterment of your life and the lives of your children. Living for the moment without looking to the future. That is the way things are now, we have made great debt for our children and are causing problems which will effect the ability of future generations to provide food for themselves. We are living for the moment here in the USA. What does that make our country?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

are we not in the future tho? if not, what makes you think it's a future beyond now, rather than the times we are in? (is it because we don't have the mark yet?)

We aren't there yet, but I strongly believe we are on the way to that particular point in the future. But lots of things are going to happen along the way.

God knows best.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Beavers

reply to post by Beavers

so, are you alluding to the IMF, the Rothschild's vampire squid et al, being the WOB?

Sorry I missed this post on page 1.

The whore is symbolic of a city, that would be the main headquarters of some sort of an economic system.

I'd refrain from pin pointing any particular modern economic institution as being the whore, as we are talking about a future scenario. It could be that modern economic entities may evolve into something that would operate under the whore... or it could be a completely new institution forged by the whores merchants.

God knows best.
edit on 20-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

The Bible does have a lot of symbolism, but you have to understand what the symbolism meant to John when he wrote Revelation. John was a converted Christian from Judaism, and everything that he said would have come from the first century understanding of symbolism.

Remember that the Bible also expresses wisdom and hell as women. I think this has led to a lot of misogyny. As a woman, allow me to express what it means as a woman to be called a "whore", what it does to women. We are expected still today to not be powerful or influential, because that is for men to be. So a woman who is called a whore because of sexual activity is placed under a different moral precept than men are. You never hear men called whore even though engaging in the same thing. I think that for John to equate this system with sexual imagery shows that it is more than just about sex, but the men in this passage also are hedonistic. Not only do they engage in it, they are more than willing partners with her.

We have to remember that in John's day, he was writing to cities that had worship of goddesses that included sex rituals and hedonism. It could be also that he was making a reference comparing this future system with that of Rome. We know that Rome was named for the Roman goddess Roma and most cities in the area did worship Artemis (Diana). From his perspective Artemis would have been a whore. But Babylon implies Semiramis also.

We should look at Semiramis and her cult. In those days, she was considered a great whore, she did marry her son after killing her husband.

While it is a future event, it was indicated as in the future from John's day. So we might be living in that time now.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I always thought it was referring to my ex wife....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

We are right at the time marker for the mark.

Something will push us over the edge and force the hungry to install the chips.

Can't force it, if we aren't hungry!

You don't want to fight an Army of God that had a complete breakfast and full stomach!!

A disaster, War, asteroids, volcanoes blocking the sun, vegetation cant grow, etc.

The Virtual Currency system is already in place, and the system is ready for RFID chip in any device or person. It will start with getting it on a National ID card. Then, a major breakdown of society will occur from a disaster or War. People will be hungry and lining up for the chip implants just to eat!!

Here and Now!!

I wonder if the image of the beast is a serpent, the new Superman Movie Logo has a serpent kinda hidden as the "S" but becomes obvious after its pointed out. New Mountain Dew Commercial has an apocalyptic New York with a Asian style Dragon flying and floating in the sky behind the Skateboard King, in the commercial. Lots of imagery of Serpents and Bulls out there!

The very last sign before the arrival of our King is the mark!

The mark is IN the hand

Revelations 13 KJV

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark IN their right hand, or IN their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow.

Your post ties so neatly with an idea I've been brewing for the past few months, about what is the mark of the beast, spoken of in Revelations.

The way I see it, the mark of the beast is MONEY!!

We value and love money well above everything else. It's always in our minds (how to make more of it and spend it better) and our actions (most of what we do every single day, is to work for money and then spend that money). Money consumes almost every minute of our day, leaving no room for God in it.

At the time the Book of Revelations was written, the mark of the beast on our forehead and our hand was just an allegory for the mark to be in our minds (our foreheads) and our actions (our hands -what we use to build and create things). It's not a real, visible mark.

Think about it!! No one, nowadays, at least not in our society, can buy or sell anything, without MONEY. Just as it is written in the B of R.

That is it!

What if the anti-christ was not an individual? What if the anti-christ was an idea, a worldview? An economic paradigm if you will?

As you said, the economic all-present superstructure is based in usury. Usury -Babylon's legacy- spawned for the sakes of creating more MONEY out of thin air.

Western culture and worldview are nowadays all about money and the economy -which are entirely human creations. That is why the Apostle John said that the mark of the beast was the number 666 and it was the sign and number of a MAN. We have replaced our love of God for the love of MEN's creation: MONEY.

So there we have it! The name and legacy of the whore -Babylon's mistery-, is an economic system based on USURY. The mark of the beast is the whore's creation: MONEY.

Now that I think about it, maybe that is why Jesus told the rich young man "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Matthew 19:21). We cannot serve two masters at the same time. We must choose. We either love God or love Money. Yahwe or Pluto.

Just imagine what it would be like if you went out on any street and told people to reject money and our usury-based economic system for the love of God. You would be labeled as a raving lunatic, persecuted and institutionalized! Indeed, you would be persecuted for His name!

We are all in it. There's no way out.

Try to live without money.

Good luck with that.

Scary, huh?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark IN their right hand, or IN their foreheads:

RFID in you!

So they can track us like cattle!
edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: So they can track us like cattle!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

It's not a real, visible mark.

While the account in Revelations gives a good argument on as to why it CAN be a physical mark... there is also plenty to suggest that it CAN be a non-physical mark.

IF you are interested, here is a thread I created on the same subject.

Some insights on the "mark" of the beast.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What secret society placed the statue of liberty here and who does the statue represent??

What other great City has a large Chick that sits on the waters, with crown of horns, a cup in one hand, writing on her forehead, sitting in the seal of solomon star??

Throw out the falsehoods, we don't have time for symbology!

Read the Literal!! Understand the Literal, then you can have fun with the symbology used!!

When is the great millstone going to be cast into the Sea, and the great city will be no more!?

This is talking about a direct targeted meteor asteroid strike on New York!

What happened in Puna Punka, Sodom and Gomorrah

I truly believe the Woe Woe Babylon is burning, is a description of 911, and the millstone is right after ward, so we are about due for the millstone!!

He couldn't just come out and call it New York! No fun in that!

God has the ability to change the path of all these celestial bodies, he can steer them away, into us, or destroy them all together if thats the safest course.

We have protection, til we turn our backs on him!

When we deny him, He will deny us protection!

How many people stopped the insanity of 911 and put the true criminals away before it got this bad!

We failed God!

If you want to piss a God off, Pull 911 on his Birthday!

In a way they summoned Jesus!

That's what I meant about all this being connected

Nassim Haramein worked on a Mayan Codice presentation that depicted Saucer style craft pushing against the asteroid, and the craft had a pushing mechanism, like the saucer was designed to do that. You gotta see it.

I know this isn't the original, but i love the music on this version, its not the best version, there is another longer version out there with more amazing carvings.

The Sun even had that black triangle shape on it last year, that is depicted in the Asteroid codice. Asteroid codice in middle of video.

666 = Seal of Solomon. Star has 6 points, 6 lines, 6 intersections, 6 triangles, everything about it is 6.

I am familiar with the 616 number as well, but im leaning on the solomon connection!

and the star under the Statue of Liberty!

Am I like in a disinformation thread or something, is that why none of this is clicking here??

Apology;
You have a whole thread about the Mark being implanted.

Why can't you see New York in Revelations 17-18 with references and Parallels to Babylon or Ur, cuz that was the greatest city John ever knew.

I'm sorry for the disinformation remark, it just seems people aren't seeing what i'm seeing, and i'm trying to jam it down their throats.

I should have went and played with the other kids....
edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: Apology added

edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: He couldn't just come out and call it New York! No fun in that!

edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added a paragraph return

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

rickymouse
Well, a whore symbolizes instant gratification without worrying about betterment of your life and the lives of your children. Living for the moment without looking to the future. That is the way things are now, we have made great debt for our children and are causing problems which will effect the ability of future generations to provide food for themselves. We are living for the moment here in the USA. What does that make our country?

I assume that question is rhetorical? I find it interesting that the whore, the taker, is so obviously representative of many of the people in the USA today. They want and want and take and take with no care of where that is going to lead. Like a parasite that feeds on the host until the host dies and nothing remains. Which obviously brings into question...the intelligence involved.

I also find it interesting (tongue in cheek) phrased with "abomination". This nation of parasites, whores and takers under this administration.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We are supposed to be the caretakers of Earth, we are apart of a larger system or structure, and the health of Earth is vital!

If we are bad at our job, the watchers then have a job to do!

We still have a chance to change it! But that window is closing very fast!

Heavens are cheering for us to change it, they don't want to see any planet face it.

But, they know whats going to happen, we cant, we wont.

The asteroids become delivers of freedom for the people entrapped by their own technology!

Think of us as white blood cells for Earth, and Earth is an atom, in a molecule, in a cell in a living creature that is a part of a larger Universe, maybe even a brain cell in God. like it says in this verse.

Acts 17 NIV

16 While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection. 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.” 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Well, I would have to agree with you on that. I have to note though that not everyone in this country is like that. I would have to say the numbers are growing though. If twenty five percent of the people are like that than this really effects society and makes the overall society negative. Because this twenty five percent take so much they bleed the money from the rest of society, it is either join their ways or watch all you have worked for wither away.

The amount of people who are acting this way, wanting more than they really deserve, has tripled at minimum since I was a kid. I would say that the same thing is happening in other industrialized countries although this would be only hearsay because I have not personally witnessed it. Part of the problem is because credit was easy to get people spent more and this spoiled them. I remember how hard it was to set up a loan when I was young. You needed at least fifteen percent down to buy a home. You needed money down to buy a new car, not anymore.

The finer points of consumerism are destroying our country. Maybe the next generation will correct this after tshtf.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I wish I could give you at least three stars for your first sentence. That is because I feel our job is to watch over the earth since we were given more intellect and an good hands.

People do not understand idol worship. When you have to have a brand new car to show social status it becomes an idol. Even a job can be an idol as can a a masters degree in education. It does not have to be a religious idol. An idol is materialism but is not limited by being made of matter. If you need a reliable car to go to work that is not idolism, that is necessity. Many people are proud of the work they do, more proud of their job than their family.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

An interesting theory. Very well expressed.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The A-C has been revealed to the world already.

Didn't you all see who played the devil on history Channels the Bible series.

Prometheus entertainment produces most on history channel...

Prometheus.....

Is it clicking yet??

So what city would fit for being the most sinful, corrupt, port city, lady sits on water, with crown of horns, and has an asteroid aimed at it??
edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: port city, lady sits on water, with crown of horns,

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Very interesting. You are woefully wrong about this part:
The Babylonian religion has long since been eradicated and its idols are in the scrap heaps of history, never to be worshiped again.
But, I don't have the energy to get into that right now. The rest is very interesting. I look forward to looking deeper into scripture with this in mind.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

The Apis Bull symbology is all over the place! Even aphis USDA.

Even have a golden/Bronze calf/bull in New York!

The Golden Calf even has its own security detail!!

All the bull Logos and Bull Markets!

DC has a lot of symbology as well. Every corner you see some ancient symbol or carving.

It is there if your looking...

I have never been to New York myself and never will!! Well, should never say never.....

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

the only thing that doesn't add up with this, is that God isn't happy with those who accept the Mark.

Surely, in that case, it won't just be the hungry that sign up for it? It would have to be something bad, as in agreeing to join a certain cult or religion.... or you'd have to reject Christ in order to get the mark?

Ok, the God of the Old Testament seems a pretty ruthless and fickle deity, but Christ is all about forgiveness and love. I just can't see people who accept the mark purely to eat as being punished.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

No, I didn't see the History Chan program? Who was it?

I don't get your post, but want to

Can you expand?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join