It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation : The whores name explained

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I believe the Whore = The Statue of Liberty

Think about how the statue of liberty got here!

It represents Venus from the Shell and or Athena

Think about it being a trading port, a city like no other, merchants and kings form around the world.

The whore that sat on the waters had a crown of thorns!

Looking down from above, what star does she stand in?

The Purple and scarlet garment could be from celebrations when they put lights on her.

She has a torch, not a cup tho.

she does have writing on forehead.

crown of horns

In my opinion, Revelations 17-18 is New York City with Parallels to Old Babylon!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nostrenominon

UnaChispa

Nostrenominon
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

There are just way too many ideas and analogies stolen from previous religions and cultures, and jumbled up out of order into a completely new "story".

Could you name a few?

On topic, OP, that was a good read that I didn't want to end. I love the book of Revelation. Keep up the thoughtful posts.

I'll name more than a few. Immaculate conception, crucifixtion, resurrection, being born on the Winter's solstice, do unto others, baptism, 12 apostles and a 13th leader, Easter and the spring equinox, etc....All predate the Christian Bible by several THOUSAND years. Look up Mythra, Horus, Dionysus, Krishna, Joshua in the Bible and Jesus are the same character as well. Joshua is a distortion of Jeshua. Joshua-Jeshua-Jesu-Jesus. Do some unbiased research for once and maybe you'll find out the truth.

- Absolutely Not.

its Inverse.

all the different Masks of Evil - krihna, horus, Dionysos, etc etc - have Stolen ahead of time the attributes of Christ. Not the other way around.

...but to ús, who are imprisoned in Linear Time,
it appears [!] as if 'they were the originals'.

....see.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Revelation 18 KJV
21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

This is future tense

same with,

And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

The Sixth Seal: Terror,

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I believe the Whore = The Statue of Liberty

The statue of liberty is an inanimate structure.

The Bible says the whore is a city... that was guilty of spilling the blood of prophets and saints. Only one city is accused of that grave crime in the Bible. You identify that city and you have found the whore.

I have explained this in detail in this thread
edit on 19-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

She sitteth at New York!

When the time is near, the Prophet/Lord will call his people out of her!!
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added Lord

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Nostrenominon

UnaChispa

Nostrenominon

There are just way too many ideas and analogies stolen from previous religions and cultures, and jumbled up out of order into a completely new "story".

Could you name a few?

On topic, OP, that was a good read that I didn't want to end. I love the book of Revelation. Keep up the thoughtful posts.

I'll name more than a few. Immaculate conception, crucifixtion, resurrection, being born on the Winter's solstice, do unto others, baptism, 12 apostles and a 13th leader, Easter and the spring equinox, etc....All predate the Christian Bible by several THOUSAND years. Look up Mythra, Horus, Dionysus, Krishna, Joshua in the Bible and Jesus are the same character as well. Joshua is a distortion of Jeshua. Joshua-Jeshua-Jesu-Jesus. Do some unbiased research for once and maybe you'll find out the truth.

OK, here we go again to set the record straight.

Jesus was NOT born on the Winter Solstice. That is false information that keeps getting spewed over and over again, no matter how many times it is shown that it WAS NOT the Winter Solstice, people still keep saying it.

The Crucifixion was a REAL event that was not only recorded in the Bible, but by pagan Romans of the SAME era. Tacitus and Pliny are just two of those sources. In fact, Tacitus even mentions Pontius Pilate.

Not one single Roman in those days recognized Jesus as Horus, NOT EVEN Tacitus who claims Christianity is a superstitious cult. Oh darn, why didn't Tacitus recognize Jesus as Horus...when Tacitus was FULLY AWARE of Horus worship. He knew the Cult of Sol Invictus and still does not equate it with Christianity. Pliny was well aware of the Cult of Sol Invictus, and Pliny did not equate it either. You have TWO Roman Imperial Cult followers of the Roman court, in the same 1st Century and they never once said Christianity had its roots in Sol Invictus.

So what now? Are you going to dismiss Tacitus and Pliny as credible sources?

NERO and DOMITIAN were 1st century Emperors, and yet they still considered Christianity to be a different religion than Sol Invictus. So get off the Cult of Sol Invictus claim because it holds no water when not even one single Roman source indicates that's where it originated.

There is not one single Roman source that even equates Christianity with ANY Roman, Greek or Persian religious system. Not one. If they considered Christianity so different that they called it a superstitious cult, then it stands to reason it was not of Roman origin.

The Annals of Tacitus

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.

Just so you know I am not fooling with you and it comes from a credible source....The Annals of Tacitus

I am sure you are ok with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a credible source with no agenda from the Christians?

Now tell me something, why didn't Tacitus say anything about Jesus being Horus or Mithras? Because He wasn't.

You stop the biased research yourself because all of your objections are based in later criticisms that don't even have any knowledge of history.

"But, but, but....what about what the pagans say? They were all subjected to torture by you Christians..so the pagans know better", that is what is usually said. Why didn't those early pagans say Jesus was Mithras or Horus? Because He wasn't and they knew it. But it's ok to place all kinds of blame on Christians when the pagans were burning and torturing Christians for their faith. That's ok to throw Christians to the lions and make them fight gladiators without any weapons for defense. That's ok, isn't it?

What you try to do is the same burning and torturing and crucifying Christians with words, then you try every attempt to deny the origins of Christianity by saying it was paganism, when the original pagans didn't even say that. Can't your own pagan sources be trusted with their own history?

Tacitus and Pliny both said Christianity was different, so why are you trying to change what early pagans believed. I am sure that if you went back to that time and told them that the Christians were worshiping Mithras or Horus, you would have been the next one tossed to the lions.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Woe Woe oh Babylon

The World cried when 911 happened.

What city is grander?

In one way, 911 could be the whores city on fire, and most of the prophecy is fulfilled, except for the Millstone:

Revelation 18 KJV
21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

The people rushed out of the city, most never came back!

So most of this section of revelations has been fulfilled except for the great mill stone!

The people who did come back, they will face the millstone, Asteroid!

and for the whore, the whore that is athena and venus may be a greek and roman representative of Hebrew Lilian or Sumerian Ishtar.

Maybe not Ishtar, but she does where the headdress of the Gods!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

In Revelations is a little star code of Jesus's birthday, some say its September 11th.....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Nostrenominon

Nothing about history can be accurately ascertained from the Bible. Sorry. There are just way too many ideas and analogies stolen from previous religions and cultures, and jumbled up out of order into a completely new "story". I have a hard time applying anything in the Bible to literal history, even if it might be true.
Why? Because the Bible is like a cup of water. There might be truths and mistruths within it, and dirt in the water represent these mistruths. But just because most of the water might be clean, would you still drink it if it was mixed with drops of mud? What if it was 50% mud? What if it was 99% mud? Bottom line, you can't mix poison with water and expect not to get sick.

The thing (expressing the singular was my intent) I admire about religions is the historical nature of their texts and the subject matter they deal with. FTR, I don't believe in God, I know God exists, because I feel him within me. I can't make other people understand/comprehend so I don't try. Believe me, I know if God wanted someone to understand/comprehend it would not require my effort to make that happen. I know there are people out there who have never felt the touch of God ... and I have always wondered why. I don't know why I was blessed with the knowledge of his existence, anymore than I can understand why other people have been blessed with what I have come to know and more.

In your analogy, let's change your cup to a small tub. When you're done washing your baby, there's still some level of contamination left over from the bathwater. Is the baby going out with it? Not a slap in the face, but something to consider in a wider context. I like your quoted post. I respect the tone of it as well. Both aspects open an avenue for dialogue, and when I reach 20 posts on this forum, I am going to share some things I have learned, and would greatly appreciate your participation in those threads. I love it when ATS members make me want to post a reply.
edit on 1992013 by Snarl because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Also, theres this :
ALL MEMBERS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying on Topic

Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God.... We can't begin to truly discuss these topics if we're constantly arguing about if God is real or not.

Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

I've concluded that its pointless to engage in theological discussion with people who don't go beyond "God does not exist" or "Its all a big fairy tale". It simply clogs the path for a meaningful discussion on the subject being presented.

edit on 20-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This might be a little off topic, but while the idea is on the same page about Christs Birthday not being in the Winter Solstice.

Some say it was September the 11th 3 B.C.E., his birthday from this text. Or near that date. The woman clothed in the sun is the constellation Virgo. and the Dragon is Draco. Something like that.

Like a clever star chart, without giving the exact day.

Revelations 12 KJV:

12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You seem to have enough material for your own thread on the subject of Christs birthday. Why don't you start your own thread?

This thread deals with an entirely different subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

But, I don't make threads....

Its related!

I'll go play with the other kids then....kicks gravel

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

Also, theres this ALL MEMBERS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying on Topic

Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God.... We can't begin to truly discuss these topics if we're constantly arguing about if God is real or not.

Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

I've concluded that its pointless to engage in theological discussion with people who don't go beyond "God does not exist" or "Its all a big fairy tale". It simply clogs the path for a meaningful discussion on the subject being presented.

I have learned this, of all the words we say, there is only one that carries with it the most powerful emotional response. Here are some...

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Santa Claus
Bill Clinton
God

The word God carries with it so much power that it raises the greatest emotional response in people, even those who say they don't believe. But they are so affected by a power that they say they don't believe, they fight with it. For something that would not be real, there should be no evoked response whatsoever.

That's why the Whore of Babylon is called that, because we know what the image of whore means in our culture and in the Bible. When we see the word whore, immediately every person who reads that is affected in some way by the power she possesses. And if there is that much power attached to a word, there must be something intrinsic in her system of faith that raises the knowledge that she must be evil. So there is no surprise why she was called Whore of Babylon instead of just "crazy evil adulterous woman".

You really don't have to expound the meaning of whore, actions have already been placed under her direction. We know then that she is very powerful and very dangerous.

In the old times, when a woman was called a whore, she usually had a lot of political influence or had the ability to direct men. Putting it in that context, she was more than just what we call a whore today, which in today's language, any woman can be one and for some people it's a word that is almost embraced and people make a joke about it. But then, it was more than just about sex.

Women were not supposed to be powerful and influential then. Calling this one the Whore of Babylon means this system acts womanly for that time. In other words, a usurper.

Remember the story of Judah and Thamar? She was called a whore by the very person who had cheated her, that she turned around and cheated him. The Whore of Babylon is a system that does things very sneakily. They don't just come out and broadcast to the world this is their plan. Thamar was veiled the whole time with Judah. He didn't know who she was. And because she wore a veil, that was the first indication to them she played the whore.

The Whore of Babylon should be veiled. Judah also left his staff and signet ring with her, as a means of payment, which is also what people will do, they make their payment which is their very identity. Judah's signet ring was by no means a worthless object, he left with her his credit card. Economically he sold himself to her, not the other way around.

Who is the Whore of Babylon? Any system based on veiled schemes that are designed to con people who tried to con her. It's a huge con game. 9/11 wasn't the con but I think you may be right, all of this economy is an illusion.

Wealth is an illusion. I mean look at it, you have a debit or credit card. You might occasionally take cash out, but what you really are doing most of the time is trading numbers for numbers. You call for pizza, give them your debit card number, you basically just gave them numbers, nothing of real value other than what they said. You got a pizza from a number. That's an illusion.

If you have direct deposit, you aren't getting money in your account, you are getting numbers. We are told these numbers are backed by some tangible object of value. Really? Where is all the gold to accommodate 275,000,000 people who have debit and credit? We don't have that kind of gold. So it's an illusion making you think you are wealthy when all you have are numbers. But you can't buy or sell without those numbers. And those numbers can be inflated or deflated in value at any time the government says. Tomorrow, your number values may drop, then you are left with less ability to get something you need. Economics is all an illusion.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Wealth is an illusion. I mean look at it, you have a debit or credit card. You might occasionally take cash out, but what you really are doing most of the time is trading numbers for numbers. You call for pizza, give them your debit card number, you basically just gave them numbers, nothing of real value other than what they said. You got a pizza from a number. That's an illusion.

Thats a good point. The illusion of "virtual" money could illustrate the part about nations being drunk and deceived on the whores economic system.

The whore herself is wealthy because of the gold - real wealth in an economic sense - that she has hoarded up through deception, this gives her financial control over the nations.

The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth
- Revelation 17:18)

And the next chapter is a detailed description of the destruction of the "great city". I'm guessing its going to be the financial capital of the future global economic system.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

WarminIndy

It's a huge con game. 9/11 wasn't the con but I think you may be right, all of this economy is an illusion.

Error Highlighted in Yellow for you!

yw

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Maybe, The Biggest City in the World, and where all the global trading happens??

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Maybe, The Biggest City in the World, and where all the global trading happens??

The events refer to a future scenario, with a new kind of economic system in place... where a certain city becomes the world capital of economics.

That city is also said to have killed prophets and saints... and Jesus accused only ONE city of the same crime. Find out what that city is and you have identified the whore.

If you are interested in eschatology, start using scripture as a yardstick... don't just depend on your imagination.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I take every word literal in the Holy Bible, Apocrypha and elsewhere!

I have studied Revelations since I was a young boy.

Its my Favorite Book of the Bible!

I can show you Asteroids, Asteroid impact effects, Implanted Microchip currency, Flying Saucers, Giant Cube Motherships, Solar Flares, and much much more all in the Book of Revelations!

Adding:
well one exception for literal. Psalms and poem verses. The rest is historical or visions!

Adding 2: another exception, there are some historical Psalms.

edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added the word literal, forgot it

edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition 2

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

reply to post by Beavers

so, are you alluding to the IMF, the Rothschild's vampire squid et al, being the WOB?

Sorry I missed this post on page 1.

The whore is symbolic of a city, that would be the main headquarters of some sort of an economic system.

I'd refrain from pin pointing any particular modern economic institution as being the whore, as we are talking about a future scenario. It could be that modern economic entities may evolve into something that would operate under the whore... or it could be a completely new institution forged by the whores merchants.

God knows best.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join