It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Shipton's Prophecy about this era/age/time/century

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

camaro68ss
"When pictures seem alive with movements free,"

this sentence doesnt make sense. They did not have pictures in the 1500. Everything was expressed in paintings. When did the term “picture” become a house hold term?

Huh, another good point.

I did find the word Picture used 3 times in King James Bible, and that was published in 1611. So picture is legit for the time period.

Numbers 33:52
Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

Proverbs 25:11
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Isaiah 2:16
And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.

Actually, the word "picture" denotes any 'image' - including paintings, etchings, drawings...the 'pictures' we take with cameras are more correctly referred to as "photographs"...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ok.... i think this bares 70-80% truth....

Just to Illustrate - A Dragon and his tail, comet or planet.....hmmmm... ISON anyone?

ISON

A muddy den, inside a Hill - there was much talk on ATS about Doomsday Vault

VAULT

What striked my attention - Unknown men in silver serpent..... oh wait a minute....

Cylinder 1

(i dont know how to post images here, i posted links)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Who is this shipton? I've heard the name before, perhaps because i grew up in England.

These prophecies were transcribed by another. Who's to know the translation is correct?
It simply cannot be because its rather odd the translation rhymes.

This rare collection of Mother Shipton's Prophecies was sent to us by a Nexus reader who told us that , 30 years ago, she painstakingly transcribed them and managed to smuggle them out of the Mitchell library, Sydney, now the State Library of New south Wales.

edit on 20-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

In this verse the word picture and image was used.

Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by lostgirl

In this verse the word picture and image was used.

Sorry. I don't see the point in spacing out on each word because those aren't the original words.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was only illustrating, that the word "picture" and "image" were both common english words of that time.

Of course the original in the Bible was Hebrew, Greek , or Aramaic.

In 1568 the English had the Bishops Bible. Down the line the Bishops Bible was worked into the KJV translation in 1611

There is no reason for this woman not to be using Bishop Bible or King James Style Bible English.

If she died around 1561, and written it 20 years before her death, she still could have used every single word in the poems in her native language because of the english of that time. Shakespeaare was born in 1561, so he grew up with the english mother shipton passed on in a way.

the issue came up with her using the word picture, becuase it wasn't used in that time period. I found 3 uses of the word picture that was published in King James 1611, and that was based on the bishops bible of 1568, so no reason she couldnt have used the word "Picture". The Bishop Bible is very very close to KJV. Like a mix between older and old.
edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: typos

edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: in 1611

edit on 20-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: changed hr to her

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Connect the dots anyone? There's only a few billion dots to choose from. You can create any picture you like. Here we go...ugh.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

She would have fit in very well with the doom and gloomers here at ATS.

Doesn't take a great deal of prophetic powers to predict some future cataclysm occurring close to the passage of a comet (dragon's tail).

As a poet she's not too good either, but one can admire her courage for being true to herself in the face of the prospect of being burned at the stake.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That is super crazy. At first, if you read the whole thing, it seems like she's referring to a time where the christian prophesies come true with the whole dragon and six thing. But nobody could ever truly interpret that. That's very interesting. I read the rest of the poems she posted as well as super interesting.

You never know with stuff like that, if it's true or not. I'd like to see the original ones along with the rest of the pages of the bible that the catholic pope has locked away in his under ground level somewhere.

good stuff, great find!

Me

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It really doesn't read like English composed in the 1500s (think Shakespeare), rather it reads like a high schooler's english assignment (AABB rhyme scheme? really?)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I read that also. Can't remember where though.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just to shed a little light on this Shipton broad...

Mother Shipton’s prophecies are hoaxes, because it now appears that almost all of them were written by others after the events they described had already happened. For instance, the first record of her prophecy about Cardinal Wolsey dates from 1641, long after the man had died. Her prophecies about future technology, and about the world coming to an end in 1881, first appeared in print in the 1862 edition of her sayings, and Charles Hindley, the editor of that edition, later admitted that he had composed them.
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Or 7 nukes being launched.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

we can all rest easier now, it was all a hoax, phew!!

But, what if that is what they want you to think??

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

imod02
If I remember right most of her story's were wrote by a man called Richard Head ( 1684 ? ). He later admitted that he had made them up. It could be I remember wrong

Richard head eh? Isn't Dick short for richard? You get what I mean? Sorry, just musing.... carry on as you where!!

The fiery dragon crossing the sky six times means a comet in the sky we see for six nights as it voes on to say. That for seven days and seven nights we ave tidal waves and such, then the earth dies on seventh day,
eaning that we will see a comet in.the sky.for SIX nights, which will cause tidal forces like he moon does which lasts SEVEN DAYS then the EARTH DIES... that's what I think anyway.
edit on 20-9-2013 by DARREN1976 because: additions...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, I question it only because I think it is entirely too amazing that a lady from the 1500's knew how to speak our modern language well enough to make a rhyme. I'm not discounting the lady, just this piece.

Its a neat rhyme and encompasses most of the "approved" prophecies, so it might not be inaccurate.

As for the dragons, there is a theory about a particular comet that some think caused the black death, the plagues, and such. Many believe this comet is the dragon talked about in many prophecies. But I've also heard a theory about a planet that is so far away most don't know its there until it makes its way back and orbits between earth and mars in a reverse orbit like haileys comet.

I personally prefer MY prediction that mankind does not need any help from comets, dragons, or extraterrestrials to destroy itself. The more we create the more we destroy. The more we learn the less we know. We will not stop until we kill off our own species, not that it is a conscious goal. I think revelations and most prophecies just talk about a circle of life/civilization that we cant help but repeat over and over again.
edit on 20-9-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

littled16

Didn't they prove that the latter prophecies could not have been produced by Mother Shipton and that more than likely that guy who put the collection together for publishing wrote the final batch of prophecies himself? If I recall correctly there was discussion that it would mean he had "seeing" abilities himself.

Charles Hindley. Link

Harte

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There may be no coincidences, but then it depends on how you want to apply coincidence.
Gordon Scallion drew a map of what the earth would look like by 1999. Didn't happen. Coincidence?

Many prophecies do not happen, coincidence?

You found this prophecy because you searched for it, because you were not looking for prophecies that predict a happy world. Coincidence? No, you found it because you looked.

I really REALLY wish everyone could remember this: yeah, sure there are all sorts of prophecies that have gotten some things right - SOME things, but not all of them. I've been to very good psychics who predicted lots of stuff for me, some it came to pass exactly as predicted, other stuff from the same session did not.

So sure, I believe the future can be seen. But I remember that the future changes depending on the present. Nothing is written in stone. I think the failures of so many other prophecies should prove that.

Sure, I do believe there could easily have been a time described in this poem. But there is not right now. Therefore there is no necessary need to have things turn out that way. Prophecies are there to ALERT you to AVOID the prophecies, not to tell you that they're GOING to come true, to tell you about the danger of the possibility of them coming true.

Unless you like the prophecies and wish the world to end up like that, there's no point in reading them, because that does nothing to contribute to avoiding them. It's quite frankly, very silly.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Firefly_
The very nature of prophecy makes it applicable to so many things. Just look at how many different interpretations there are for biblical prophecy for example, and everyone is convinced theirs is the correct one because it "fits".

Sure it appears to foretell things like air craft, submarines, movies. But half the world did not die. That would be an exaggeration, it was something like 9 million for world war 1, and 85 million for world war 2. Which is quite a small percentage really.

For those who live the century through
in fear and trembling this shall do.
Flee to the mountains and the dens
to bog and forest and wild fens.

The latter half of the 20th century, which this verse applies to, was one of the most prosperous in modern history. Sure lots of things have not got better but many things did. So I cannot see how these prophecies can remain credible being so wrong on just this one verse.

Very good points. She got the war right, but not its outcome. She saw a much worse version of that war. And it wasn't in 1926, it was in the 40s!

I actually read a kind of prophecy that said that the Second World War had a "version" or "alternate reality" where it decimated the entire planet. If that's the case, we're not in that version, are we? Therefore, the future could turn out all sorts of ways.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

A nuclear war remain a serious possibility.

The number of regions affected by lawlessness and violence are increasing. Economic systems have been so manipulated as to be rendered beyond repair. The UN has no real authority over anything. The vengeance and vendetta are visible again in the dealings of States.

It is just a matter of time before the hell breaks loose.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join