It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Shipton's Prophecy about this era/age/time/century

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Sikotha
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

If you use 1500 as a base year (which is the year mentioned at the beginning of the post) and a 76 year orbital cycle for Halley's Comet, 7 orbits equals 532 years plus 1500 equals the year 2032. However, Halley's comet is predicted to return on 2061 or 29 years later.

The interesting part to me is near the end of the prophesy it states "before this prophecy is done
I shall be burned at the stake" which could imply that the first event of the dragons tail passing by occurs after her death.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Sikotha because: (no reason given)

She died in 1561. 1705 is the first time Halley's Comet was recognized, but that doesn't mean it's the first time it was visible in the sky. Looks like you're on to something.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Interesting!

Anyone have any theories on exactly what "the dragons Tail" might be?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Akragon
Interesting!

Anyone have any theories on exactly what "the dragons Tail" might be?

Usually I am not a smart ass, but if you read replies, there are about 4 or 5 theories that I can think of right off the top of my head! No offense of course!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

ah.. right...

Gimmie a break man I just woke up

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well found another one of her rhymes. She was certainly right about some of it. Interesting that some people do have a vision of sorts. She predicted the internet
These aren't crazy statements to make now, but then it was heresy.

Published in 1448, republished in 1641.

"Carriages without horses shall go,
And accidents fill the world with woe.
Around the world thoughts shall fly
In the twinkling of an eye.
The world upside down shall be
And gold be found at the root of a tree.
Through hills man shall ride,
And no horse be at his side.
Under water men shall walk,
Shall ride, shall sleep, shall talk.
In the air men shall be seen,
In white, in black, in green;
Iron in the water shall float,
As easily as a wooden boat.
Gold shall be found and shown
In a land that's now not known.
Fire and water shall wonders do,
England shall at last admit a foe.
The world to an end shall come,
In eighteen hundred and eighty one."

edit on 19-9-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

kinda looks like she missed on the end of the world part...

The rest was pretty dead on though...

Funny that for hundreds of years everyone tries to predict "the end" ...

its just not gonna happen...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

And when the dragon's tail is gone
man forgets and smiles and carries on.

This part and much of the prophecy following really strikes me.

If you imagine some sort of celestial event that causes havoc and wipes out much of the Earth and scrambles our brain then - bam! - we're hunters and gatherers again.

Then, this:

And before the race is built anew,
a silver serpent comes to view
and spew out men of like unknown
to mingle with the earth now grown
cold from its heat and these men can
enlighten the minds of future man
to intermingle and show them how
to live and love and thus endow.
the children with the second sight.
a natural thing so that they might
grow graceful, humble and when they do
the golden age will start anew.

Someone please insert that crazy-haired "Aliens!" gif..

Creepy, for sure...especially how she predicted people would be hiding in mountains and caves and hoarding food.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Annunak1

Well I tell you what, after reading this, yet again....I still feel there is some truth to this.

I wonder if ISON is the dragon she so speaks of? Maybe not a dragon like a giant flying lizard, but a huge comet/asteroid with a giant tail.....If one big enough did hit Earth, it would more than likely cause all volcanoes to erupt from the force, causing earthquakes so large, most of mankind will be wiped out....

The muddy dens she speaks of reminds me of underground bunkers, it is funny a lot of this stuff rings true when this was said over 500 years ago! When man wasn't flying in the sky as she speaks, there weren't undergound bunkers, etc....

This rings home more true each time someone posts it, kinda scary if you take the time to read it and try to interpret it....

Are this the dragons you are looking for?

Fits with the ones with the second sight. The enhanced ones.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

kosmicjack

And when the dragon's tail is gone
man forgets and smiles and carries on.

This part and much of the prophecy following really strikes me.

If you imagine some sort of celestial event that causes havoc and wipes out much of the Earth and scrambles our brain then - bam! - we're hunters and gatherers again.

Creepy, for sure...especially how she predicted people would be hiding in mountains and caves and hoarding food.

I didn't consider that angle, the possibility of said event scrambling our brains!
Maybe this has happened before? And we are left with nothing but relics from a previous time, to decipher.

For some reason, this was the first thing that popped into my head when you said hairy alien,

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If there was a celestial event that say wiped out 95% of life on earth, then yeah, we would definitely be returning to the days of cavemen.

What puzzles me though is that if there were previous civilisations that existed, whey aren't we finding fossils of these civilisations? We find fossils of dinosaurs and other pre-historic life. Unless of course these fossils lie beneath the sea?

It's an enigma wrapped up in a puzzle.

Definitely feel the silver serpent with beings spewing out of it relates to other worldly beings.

Another thing, she predicted the end of the world in the 1800's, yet in the original post, 1926 is mentioned. Maybe it was not written by her?

E.T.A:- Found this website that attempts to correlate some of her predictions to events that have happened in history.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

edit on 19/9/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Bilk22

Well Ronald reagan took office in 1981. Maybe that was the beginning of the end

Just looking at - "The world upside down shall be, And gold be found at the root of a tree." - means "black gold" - oil from a well, which in her vision maybe looked like a tree? All the world powers fighting over oil - the world upside down?

Edit: Wrong on Reagan. He was shot in 1981.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Bilk22

Akragon
reply to post by Bilk22

Well Ronald reagan took office in 1981. Maybe that was the beginning of the end

Just looking at - "The world upside down shall be, And gold be found at the root of a tree." - means "black gold" - oil from a well, which in her vision maybe looked like a tree? All the world powers fighting over oil - the world upside down?

Edit: Wrong on Reagan. He was shot in 1981.

i don't know about you my friend, but when i look around our world, our society, everything very much seems backwards or upside down.

dragon would be the comet and the tail is said to pass in january/february so i guess we'll all get to see if we are onto something here although i doubt in the beginning it would be something as yet to celebrate.

we've been spoon fed lies from "every single government" in existence, for thousands of years, so i'm not surprised to have to hear truths from those tapped into the real information highway.

i have a feeling that Ison will be bringing us some trouble, possibly gravitational, electromagnetic and possibly a few other chemical and physical reactions.

i know one thing for certain, nasa and no one else knows where Ison came from nor where it's going, they have no way of knowing this for certain because of the plethora of interactions between the sun, ison and other solar bodies, everything they say, is just speculation.

i would say they could pinpoint where a feather dropped from 35k feet would land, easier then where Ison will end up.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Dianec
She says it will cross the sky 7 times so maybe something that has orbitted us already 6 times..
The part I don't get is sending the dragons back into the sky with a cracking tail. If the earth is destroyed how would we deploy a rocket?

It could have an eccentric orbit such that it travelled around the Sun seven times before, then it hits earth. Or another possibility is that the gravitational pressure causes the inner core of the object to heat up and release gas that propels it away from Earth for a while. Alternatively, the orbit could be eccentric around the Earth and precesses forwards or backwards until it is affected by the Moon and sent away from Earth until it returns again for the final strike.

Fortunately for us, Jupiter and Saturn act as giant meteorite magnets, and anything that has travelled inwards to the solar system has already hit them.
edit on 19-9-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My favourite mother shipton is the description "and roaring monsters with men atop, does seem to eat the verdant crop".

It is easy to match a description to what we know - this is a danger..... but if this quote is original, or a fake in 1800s, the picture does evoke a combine harvester. And how else with the knowledge of the 1700 or 1800 - in that frame of reference, would you describe a combine harvester.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Yea - gotta love Jupiter for that. In college I remember our astronomy professor told us a comet or asteroid was set to collide with earth in 2032 or 2036. I cannot recall which one.

Does she say it comes from the sky? Or just - when it passes these things happen? It may just be earth events corresponding to the passing of a comet.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Personally I am not convinced of this particular prophecy, but that is of no importance. What I found interesting is the prediction of alien beings coming down after all these calamities and teaching man new things, helping them to restore the world. It is hard to swallow for me, all of it is, but it plays into what is popular among many in our current age, aliens and the apocalypse and destruction.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The validity of Her prophesies are questionable to say the least.. most of them it is claimed were discovered and copied secretly from secret archives in Sydney library. I would take these with a pinch of salt..

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This guy from this thread had some really accurate prophesies.. (207 flags)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"Those who will run and hide in the mountains with three crosses will find shelter and will be saved to live after in abundance, happiness and love, because there will be no more wars."
reply to post by misscurious

That part is similar to Mother Shipton's...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Regardless if she was accurate or not what a cool poem. And a lot of what she implies can be applied to now. Spooky if nothing else, regardless of who wrote it. Especially if whomever wrote it wrote it back then.

reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I loved your rhyming reply. Hilarious. But fossils are only created under very specific circumstances. We didn't find any primate fossils til the 70's if I remember correctly. Not having fossils for something doesn't mean much.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join