Evacuations ordered after fire, explosions rock plant in Oklahoma

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Explosions at a manufacturing plant near Oklahoma City -

Firefighters are battling a blaze after explosions at a manufacturing plant near Oklahoma City, prompting a major evacuation.

Police say a series of blasts were reported in the early hours of Thursday at the factory owned by Danlin - a firm that provides chemicals to the oil industry - near the town of Thomas.

Oklahoma City television station News 9 reported that a Thomas Fire Department worker said evacuations had been ordered in the area immediately around the plant.

Officials say they do not know the cause of the fire or explosions and no injuries have been reported so far.

Fire Department worker said evacuations had been ordered in the area immediately around the plant. No injuries reported as yet.

Link 1
link 2

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

no injuries have been reported so far

thats Good News!

S&F

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wow that's scary a little to close to home I'm not to far away we have all kinds of plant around ardmore wonder if i should be alarmed

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

The news article has been updated, plenty of fire services there, they seem to have it under control now and are just letting the fires burn down

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

That's great news thank u so much it sure dose seem there is a lot going on with things blowing up or killings. kind of a scary thought

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
yikes its huge. I hope all the firefighters / emergency workers and everyone involved stay safe!

can't figure out how to embed the youtube video but here - youtu.be...

also, from your second link

Oklahoma City television station News 9 (http://(link tracking not allowed)/16h1S75) reports early Thursday that police confirm explosions hit a Danlin facility near the town of Thomas.

explosions HIT the facility? or was that just poor choice of wording?
edit on 19-9-2013 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

My Grandpa used to own a chemical plant of the same type, it is dangerous fro sure but luckily these accidents do not happen as often as one would think. So glad to hear noone was injured.

Keep us informed.

BTW you have been doing a great job recently on the board LadyTuatha!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

As someone who's worked in the chemical industry (Process Development), they while inherently dangerous, are not that dangerous as long as safety protocols and well trained staff are used, combined with keeping it up to spec.

Chances are anything that went wrong was a failure in one of those areas.

new topics

join