It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TV shows are you watching and why????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Seems like TV season is back. Something to keep life interesting. At least there's always something to watch now. It's quit a line up. I'd mention all the ones I am into but there's just a lot of them. I've been watching Boardwalk Empire as one of many, it's pretty good.

So what are you watching and why?

Any new shows out there that anyone is getting into???

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The only thing that i turn the T.V on for is The Walking Dead. I love zombies

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't watch much TV, because most of what's on is pretty crap...

But due to my love of music far and wide, I am glad to say that Later...with Jools Holland, the new series is back on Friday's BBC2, 11.05.......

The only true music programme that is on TV, thank goodness........

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

A friend turned me on to Gold Divers recently and i'm loving it for the brutal grind these folks endure (or put themselves through), as well as the hmm "quirky" characters and trying to guess quite what form of substance abuse some of them indulge in. And Scott Meisterheim reminds me that i'm not an asshat at all, i'm actually quite a nice person

ETA: I saw the first episode of "Mountain Men" last night too, which was splendid - the America and traditional lifestyle we see too little of nowadays (speaking as a Brit).
edit on 19-9-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

the fact that you're watching tv makes you a zombie! ha ha

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Channel ten news at 5.

It's got it all. Sports, sports, sports and sport, sports sports entertainment and entertainment. Sports entertainemnt and even sports. Most of all I watchit for the sports.

But if I tire of the news, why I always put on the ABC. kids shows kids shows kids shows kids science shows with kids, and kids shows. Sometimes it's good to relax to the soothing sounds of screaming laughing kids.

And lastly, when the nitty gritty grind of the day has worn me down, I like to watch the adverts. Good for everything. You can watch them, sing along with them, cry with them, wonder if that puppy will ever get that roll of absorbent toilet tissue cleaned up after th mess he made, and it's educational too. dogs, apparently, go whacko for schmackos!

Ahh Aussie tv.

If it wasnt such a heavy item, I'd throw it out the window. Instead, slumped in front of it, I worship the remote control.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

The mountain men show looks interesting. I thought about doing something simiiar to that. Just that I feel like I'm almost 40 yrs old. If I wait too much longer I might not have the stamina it takes to try it. Plus I had my kick at the can on the grid and I just hate it. I can't stand it anymore. But it's life for now.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm currently watching Sons of Anarchy and Sleepy Hollow.

Looking forward to Agents of Shield starting tomorrow evening!

edit on 19-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Lets see now...

Sunny in philly - funny, just found it, lots of episodes to catch up on!
Suits - lawyer stuff, intelligent and shady
futurama - smart cartoon (got to have at least one)
breaking bad - because its great and Brian Cranston is amazing
Game of thrones - took be a little effort to get into - 9.4 from half a million vites on IMDB - just do it, you will be glad you did.
Wilfred - either version is excellent and very surreal and strange
under the dome - i can take or leave this, since Fringe stopped this is my new fantasy sci fi
Copper - gritty new york cop show set in 1860's (think 'gangs of new york' only focused on the police)
luther - excellent detective cop show, unlike most.
Franklin and bash - a pleasant mix of comedy, crazy and serious lawyer stuff
The newsroom - ATS political people will like this show, smart, cutting, clever with the occasional lol moment
arrested development - comedy, crazy with some outrageous characters and excellent casting
Arrow - comic book turned series (think smallville) only this is better, the Green Arrow ACTUALLY kills the bad guys, how refreshing.
big bang theory - great comedy, im a geek and know people like the characters, so i get this completely.

Looking forward to next week:
south park - sorry addicted as a teenager, this show has grown up a lot and now deals with major current events
Castle - funny, clever, detective show where a thriller writer aids a attractive cop lady
Parks and rec - pretty much only watch with for the awesome mustached man that is: Ron Swanson.
Mentalist - just a great show, long standing plot lines - start this one at the first series or you will ruin an excellent series.
homeland - great drama thriller, excellent actors, very well directed and very very very tense!
comic book men - a funny geeky show about Kevin Smith's comic book store - if you dont like comics just dont bother!
new girl - i have a soft spot for zooey, funny strange comedy about a girl who joins a 3 man shared flat from Craigs list - very whacky but solid characters.

Last but not least ARCHER! fantastic cartoon (Liechtenstein-esque style if you know your art) about a spy who works for his mothers spy agency. Great stories, riddled with jokes and questionable "phrasing" - and of course ridiculous and insensitive episode plots. Probably my favorite show in years.

There, plenty of great stuff

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Dexter.

Because I've seen most of the 'notable' shows, and this is HANDS DOWN the best tv shown I've ever seen.
Follo wed closely by Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

But due to my love of music far and wide, I am glad to say that Later...with Jools Holland, the new series is back on Friday's BBC2, 11.05

Now that is good news as it's one of the few shows on TV worth watching , I discovered Seasick Steve thanks to Jools

TV as it is bad , sometimes it can be good but mostly its bad .

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I would be glad to mention them but back in 1992 I turned the TV off and didn't turn it back on. I don't watch TV. TV is a waste of time and a major source used to dumb down the population. Keep them entertained watching stupid programs or addicted to sports. That way the people are easy to manipulate and swayed to believe the BS they are feed.

There is no doubt that it is addictive and if allowed, it will dictate how you run your life. People center their life around TV programs. How many here on ATS just have to recored their favorite program to watch later if they can't stop what they are doing to go watch it? Instead go do something with your family or friends instead of watching TV. TV is the opiate of the masses.

It's just food for thought, take it for what it's worth and then go grab your remote and favorite beverage and enjoy your daily fix.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

OpenEars123
Dexter.

Because I've seen most of the 'notable' shows, and this is HANDS DOWN the best tv shown I've ever seen.

And apparently open eyes as well!

Good taste my friend, good taste.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Southpark - starts Sept 25. I love Southpark.

Sleepy Hollow. First show was okay. It'll even out. But they've already told you how it ends. The two 'witness' have a 7 year mission and the only reason the star witness is alive is because his blood intermingled with that of the headless horseman. So we know that in the last show, 7 years from now, he'll sacrifice himself and kill the horseman which will also kill himself, and he'll be reunited with his dead witch wife. I can see it ...

Big Bang Theory - fun and light weight. Not crass like 2 1/2 Men.

Agents of Shield - Looking forward to it. I think it'll be really good.

FLYERS HOCKEY - Full season coming. YAHOO!

SIDE NOTE -

How I Met your Mother - STOPPED watching. I gave up on it. They dragged it out too long and I"ve lost interest.

2 1/2 Men - STOPPED watching. Charlie Sheen was the show ... and the writing sucks now and I'm not a Kutcher fan.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Im with you on all points - esp 2 2/1 men - HIMYM ive gone off but if theres nothing else on and im vegging, i may watch it because barney is such a horrible "player"

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. Basically any comedy.

Oh and Sons of Anarchy, been watching it since it premiered.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Duck Dynasty.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Well my theory is if your life has no problems then ya sure you're focus is probably on the higher levels of maslows pyrmid. But when you got a lot of problems you likely are looking for ever distraction you can possibly get just to make it threw the day. I need major distractions right now otherwise my mind tends to drift toward the stress and it can get pretty bad. So no I think tv isn't so bad. But that's just me.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
the only thing i turn my devil box on for is dexter season 4 yes we are that far behind in the u.k .

and my internet is to slow for netflix etc and that is broadband

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

greencmp

OpenEars123
Dexter.

And apparently open eyes as well!

Good taste my friend, good taste.

Why thank you Sir :-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join