It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Attenborough: Stop Feeding Third World Nations to Reduce Population

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Tidnabnilims
reply to post by Eryiedes

You clearly dont know what Eugenics as it is clearly not what Population Matters is about. There is no genetic purity through selective breeding here. Just a realistic view of how many people can the planet support.

So please answer this question for me

Do you think with the current population growth on this planet there will be enough fresh water for everyone in 20 years time ?

What YOU don't seem to comprehend is that Agenda 21 IS eugenics and that program IS about depopulation. I will not address you again as you only want to fight.

-Good Luck-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think his interview quoted in the OP has been 'cherry picked'....as with most scientists of his ilk...they don't have much time for humans, they prefer animals and the natural world, and when you look at us as a species, we are pretty insane and disrespectful of our planet and its resources. We as humans live for the 'now' and to hell with our grand children's future Just my thoughts.

That's a vid which he explains his reasoning in more depth.

Rainbows
Jane

(post by Tidnabnilims removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

angelchemuel
I think his interview quoted in the OP has been 'cherry picked'....as with most scientists of his ilk...they don't have much time for humans, they prefer animals and the natural world, and when you look at us as a species, we are pretty insane and disrespectful of our planet and its resources. We as humans live for the 'now' and to hell with our grand children's future Just my thoughts.

That's a vid which he explains his reasoning in more depth.

Rainbows
Jane

Thank you very much...your contribution is greatly appreciated.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Its is only eugenics to people who cannot read big words and need Glenn Beck to 'interpret' it for them

Its also voluntary, ooh the horror of enforced choice........
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: (no reason given)

Oh, and some of the loudest opponents of it are the same people you are (rightly) moaning about, you know the ones causing all the waste and starvation in the first place......

How does that affect your position ? You agree with the people who are the ones ruining the world whilst crying about how they are ruining the world.

mmmm tasty tasty irony
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: some clarity

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Give a man a fish and he eats for today,teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
For over 50 years the world has been feeding people in third world countries.At some point they need to be taught to feed themselves.
At some point we are going to have to teach them that if they choose to live in a desert in africa they aren`t going to be able to grow food and feed themselves so they need to move somewhere else or starve.
People who choose to live in the most inhospitable places on earth can`t expect the rest of the world to take care of them for generations.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The world would be better off with a smaller population, lets start with doing away with the 5% that controls the rest of us and all our wealth.
Also as far as charities go, they dont run themselves.
They need workers, middle management and CEO's.
In fact sometimes some of the raised funds finds its way to the people they were raising funds for.
But only sometimes.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Actually I'm technogaianist for the purposes of this debate, but transhumanism is not eugenics either

You should look up the words you use prior to using them.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: technogaiaist was a new word for me so i missed an 'a'

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: and i think it needs an 'n' too

ETA Very much trans-human tbh, hence my name, avatar, sig, but its still not eugenics.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: no-one remembers the good PnPs
(

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

Stop with the personal digs and off topic jabs. Either discuss the OP civilly or move along. Sometimes you have to just agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

There are a number of unfounded slanderous accusations of an individual (Dave) here which I have refuted. Thats denying ignorance, the very motto of the site I was led to believe......
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: named names

Interesting to see Godwins Law is OK on here , I had refrained from using it as it is a weak and disingenous tactic though.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: Its OK to call people Nazis, but not fools

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

Its a vicious hoax anyway, so it should go and die over in that forum really.[SNIP]

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: pewpew

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: a word

edit on 9/19/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed OT content

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Oh I don't disagree that there could very well be something in the power elites having little interest in keeping the majority of humanity alive.

I just don't think that's what Attenborough is saying here.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Agreed, there is no way of knowing such things, merely estimates.
Who´s estimates, that´s another thing (i take "official" EVERYTHING with a truckload of salt),
but nevertheless the birth/death ratio is a question that demands to have some sort of answer before
it is logical to proceed to other claims that are DIRECTLY dependent on it.
Here´s little something:
www.worldometers.info...
Accurate?
Probably not, but at least it gives some general information
that can be compared to what else data there is available.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The OP was not based on what was really said but twisted to suit the use of the poster. As such i see this whole tread as been used by an agent provoker and as such not much point in answering it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Isn’t this the guy who likes dinosaurs so much?

We aught to feed him and the rich to those dinosaurs.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OP, I have been poor my whole life. My father Had a third grade education and went to work in a coal mine and the tender age of nine. At 14 he was working for the rail roads and at 15 he lied and joined the military. He turned 16 on a battlefield in Korea. His father had a similar education and died within minutes of landing on Dog Green Beach in WWII. My mother started High School, but left during ninth grade to have her first child. She continued to work low paying jobs her entire life. I left high school in the 11th grade to join the military (and for other reasons). All of this happened in the US of A. The First World Nation. So I do not weep over lost opportunity for the masses.

I spent 11 months in Eastern Europe where I witnessed the after effects of attempted ethnic cleansing.
I spent 19 months in Western, Central, and Eastern Africa where I witnessed ongoing ethnic cleansing.
I spent 42 months in the Middle East where I witnessed violence committed based on the interpretation of a book.

How much first hand experience do you have walking in these countries that you want to save? Have you gone and lived with the people there? Open your doors to them? If not, may I ask why?

++I am in college now and I am forcing my kid to go to college. That is one cycle that I think needs to be broken. While I agree that a man should work with his hands, I don't think he should "earn his living with his hands". There really is no future in it++
edit on 19-9-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

. Sir David, who is soon to present a programme on human beings, said population control was a “huge area of concern”, adding the world was “heading for disaster unless we do something”.
He warned if humans do not act soon, the “natural world will do something”, as he argues famine in Ethiopia is about “too many people for too little piece of land”.
He suggested humans are "blinding ourselves" to the problem, claiming: "We say, get the United Nations to send them bags of flour. That's barmy.”
In an interview with the Telegraph, ahead of new programme David Attenborough’s Rise of Animals, he admitted the issues had “huge sensitivities” but insisted it was important to “just keep on about it”.
When asked about comments he made on population control earlier this year, when he said human beings were a “plague on the Earth, Sir David agreed they could be considered “blindingly obvious” but claimed nobody else had made the point publicly.

“Just keep on about it. Just keep on about it,” he said, when asked about the next step to solving the problem. “You know and I know that there are huge, huge sensitivities involved in this.
“To start with, it is the individual's great privilege to have children. And who am I to say that you shan't have children? That's one thing.
“Then the next thing is that there's a religious one, in the sense that the Catholic Church doesn't accept this. That you should control the population.
“So that's another huge area of concerns. And the last sensitivity - and the most tricky of all - is the fact, when you talk about world population, the areas we're talking about are Africa and Asia, you know.”
He agreed it could be construed as just being about “poor people”, adding: “And to have a European telling Africans that they shan't have children is not the way to go around things.”
When asked how to get around the sensitive issues to solve the problem, he said: “We keep on talking about the problem without putting names on it in that sense. And getting it on the agenda of people.
“Because - you obviously can see it just as I can - you know, that we are heading for disaster unless we do something.
“And if we don't do something, the natural world will do something. And you say that, but of course they've been doing it for a long time, the natural world.
“They've been having... what are all these famines in Ethiopia, what are they about? They're about too many people for too little piece of land. That's what it's about.
“And we are blinding ourselves. We say, get the United Nations to send them bags of flour. That's barmy.”

Source to sources

OK after reading the real interview I have to say he makes sense and there is absolutely no way I can see these quotes as monstrous now the article from the OP certainly tries to portray that but I have a feeling the source is no better than a tabloid rag not worth reading for factual information.

I have read through the thread as well and notice there is a lot of miss info being put out about others as well.

The one I will point out is how bill gates is being portrayed. That is another one I had looked into before. I suggest everyone should look into that as well what I found was that he was quote mined and cherry picked as well. There are also some blatant lies as well. Always check sources do your own research and if possible find the original interviews so that you can read things in context.

This thread and the linked article to the OP is a great learning lesson on how secondary sources will twist the truth to fit an agenda. Makes you wonder what their agenda is.

Anyway peace out. Also deny ignorance and do some research.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Grimpachi because: Forgot source

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join