It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Attenborough: Stop Feeding Third World Nations to Reduce Population

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

You don't know for sure what the birth rate is, only what you are told.

True figures are hidden.

In the UK in, I believe June, I will check that, there was an unexpected spike in deaths of the over 65's of nearly 27 000. The govt's decision on this was to no longer publish the figures.

We do not know what the true figures of people living on this planet and dying on this planet is but anything that comes from 'official sources' has to be suspect........sadly.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

OH LOOK....the "troll-whisperer" is back.
Don't hold back there old chap...tell us what you REALLY think.

"Troll whisperer"?

"Old chap"?

still calling people names... tsk, tsk

Even calling people nice names is not nice.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

James1982

That clip (and IMDB) CLEARLY demonstrates that is Richard Attenborough

www.imdb.com...

Can I be of further assistance to you?

Sorry...Bragi beat ya to the punch.
As I stated before, the clip I found was mislabled on youtube and I thanked Bragi for correcting me.
Still doesn't change the context of the discussion.
You felt hurt by my comment and I am fine with you wanting to "get some payback"...it's only human afterall.
However...if you have some evidence stating that starving brown people is a good thing for the Earth then please present it. If not, then lets just keep this civil.
Sound fair to you?

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

intrptr

OH LOOK....the "troll-whisperer" is back.
Don't hold back there old chap...tell us what you REALLY think.

"Troll whisperer"?

"Old chap"?

still calling people names... tsk, tsk

Even calling people nice names is not nice.

How in the world is "old chap" an insult?
Meh...nevermind.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

James1982

I am not proposing anything, I am asking a question, one which you did not answer. How much of your own money have you given to feed those in the third world? It seems if you support feeding those with less, a good start would be for you to lead by example.

Personally, I have donated $1000 dollars every year for the last 5 and throughout that time raising awareness about the horrors of corperate exploitation in Africa. And you, what have you done?

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Elliot
reply to post by LionOfGOD

You don't know for sure what the birth rate is, only what you are told.

True figures are hidden.

In the UK in, I believe June, I will check that, there was an unexpected spike in deaths of the over 65's of nearly 27 000. The govt's decision on this was to no longer publish the figures.

We do not know what the true figures of people living on this planet and dying on this planet is but anything that comes from 'official sources' has to be suspect........sadly.

Well said sir.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Never fear - the american heroes -ahem- are here! We have bill gates decreasing the population with vaccines (his words) and the UN feeding them - and if all else fails - We americans will bomb them, for their own good. /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Eryiedes

James1982

www.imdb.com...

As I stated before, the clip I found was mislabled on youtube and I thanked Bragi for correcting me.
You felt hurt by my comment and I am fine with you wanting to "get some payback"...it's only human afterall.
However...if you have some evidence stating that starving brown people is a good thing for the Earth then please present it. If not, then lets just keep this civil.
Sound fair to you?

-Peace-

He sure did. When a poster takes time to check their facts, and make sure they are correct, it takes a little bit of time (not talking about Bragi) I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel hurt about, when someone tries to correct me, and is wrong, I find it amusing not hurtful. But that's beside the point.

Are you familiar with the term "straw man"

Here is a definition if you aren't:

A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4] This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now that the definition of straw man is established, let's address your post:

Eryiedes
.if you have some evidence stating that starving brown people is a good thing for the Earth then please present it.

Not once did I suggest starving brown people is a good thing for the Earth. In fact not once did I even present my opinion on the matter. So what you are involved in here, sir, is a strawman argument. In case you didn't realize already, straw man arguments are generally considered bad form.

So you have donated $1,000 a year. OK, I'll take you at your word (even though I find it odd you wouldn't have answered this earlier) Is that enough? Why not sell all your possessions and donate all the money to third world charities? Do you think $1,000 is enough to justify you degrading others for not helping out?

And how much have I given? Zero dollars. I'm not the one demanding we all feed the third world nations, so it's not hypocritical of me to not help out. It's irrelevant.

I would enjoy keeping this civil, how about we also stay honest, and avoid strawmen while we're at it? Sound fair?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Happy1

Never fear - the american heroes -ahem- are here! We have bill gates decreasing the population with vaccines (his words) and the UN feeding them - and if all else fails - We americans will bomb them, for their own good. /sarcasm

Yeah...Bill and Melinda Gates...there's a first class pair of bastiches.

"BILL...YOU FREAKIN' POGUE, TRUSTED COMPUTING IN WINDOWS 8 IS AN NSA BACKDOOR YOU DIRTY MOTHERFRA-"

Well, you get the idea.
Thank you for your input sir.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

James1982

Eryiedes

James1982

www.imdb.com...

Sound fair to you?

-Peace-

He sure did. When a poster takes time to check their facts, and make sure they are correct, it takes a little bit of time (not talking about Bragi) I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel hurt about, when someone tries to correct me, and is wrong, I find it amusing not hurtful. But that's beside the point.

Are you familiar with the term "straw man"

Here is a definition if you aren't:

A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4] This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now that the definition of straw man is established, let's address your post:

Eryiedes
.if you have some evidence stating that starving brown people is a good thing for the Earth then please present it.

Not once did I suggest starving brown people is a good thing for the Earth. In fact not once did I even present my opinion on the matter. So what you are involved in here, sir, is a strawman argument. In case you didn't realize already, straw man arguments are generally considered bad form.

So you have donated $1,000 a year. OK, I'll take you at your word (even though I find it odd you wouldn't have answered this earlier) Is that enough? Why not sell all your possessions and donate all the money to third world charities? Do you think $1,000 is enough to justify you degrading others for not helping out?

And how much have I given? Zero dollars. I'm not the one demanding we all feed the third world nations, so it's not hypocritical of me to not help out. It's irrelevant.

I would enjoy keeping this civil, how about we also stay honest, and avoid strawmen while we're at it? Sound fair?

First of all I didn't SEE your comment earlier or I would have responded to it sooner.
(A touch presumptuous)
Second of all, since your still calling me a liar I don't understand the relevance of persuing any further points with you. You have clearly shown me where you stand and that anything I say will be disregarded by you, once more removing the relevance of further discussion.
I thank you for your input.

-Peace be with you anyways-
edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This trait in humans to "help the needy" developed over time as a social net which initially helped our species gene pool, especially during times when our numbers with in the low thousands. Unfortunately this inherent need to feel that we need to help everyone is beginning to backfire.

It used to be that natural selection allowed the strongest, smartest, fastest, most overall fit for survival to proliferate. But now we have flipped it around. For some reason it is the dumbest, weakest, worst fit for survival that are having the largest families.

For those who still feel the need to give I say this. Let it be to your family and those closest to you. Don't give to strangers. Seriously. Even our nation could benefit from this. Stop wasting our money on other nations while ours slowly starves to death.

We all die at one point; weather it be from an accident, murder, sickness, or old age. None of them are pleasant. I recommend stop worrying about helping people in other countries when you, your families, and your friends are much more deserving of your time and efforts.

Just a dose of logic.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

James1982

www.imdb.com...

No actually it doesn't because if you goto youtube and just type in david attenborough + jurassic park...THAT'S one of the first clips you see...but nice attempt at misdirection.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Dynamike
This trait in humans to "help the needy" developed over time as a social net which initially helped our species gene pool, especially during times when our numbers with in the low thousands. Unfortunately this inherent need to feel that we need to help everyone is beginning to backfire.

It used to be that natural selection allowed the strongest, smartest, fastest, most overall fit for survival to proliferate. But now we have flipped it around. For some reason it is the dumbest, weakest, worst fit for survival that are having the largest families.

For those who still feel the need to give I say this. Let it be to your family and those closest to you. Don't give to strangers. Seriously. Even our nation could benefit from this. Stop wasting our money on other nations while ours slowly starves to death.

We all die at one point; weather it be from an accident, murder, sickness, or old age. None of them are pleasant. I recommend stop worrying about helping people in other countries when you, your families, and your friends are much more deserving of your time and efforts.

Just a dose of logic.

Thank you for your time and input sir but I'm still going to help whoever I feel to because it makes me feel good and there isn't much left anymore that does that for me.
You do make some splendid points but they are just not for me.

-Peace be with you-
edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Accidental Post
edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Error

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I can't help but feel this is somehow taken out of context. However, there is definitely a depopulation programme running as we speak, as is a 'race war'.

An eye opening video of what the other side is up to tells some information supporting these missions.

The video title is Project Camelot Super Soldiers.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Grimpachi

He did make some good points about the church and birth control in the secound article I give him that much at this point.

Don't forget...when they say "birth control" they are not talking about condoms. What they REALLY refer to is sterilization in exchange for food, medicine and assistance...and THAT is diabolical.
The Gates Foundation is doing the EXACT same thing...this isn't charity...this is forced eugenics.
THIS is Agenda 21.

But if the Buddha has taught me anything it's that I know nothing.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

While I agree with you on the surface, I disagree with the entirety of the notion.

The wealthy are in those foreign dumps of ignorance and outdated DNA in order to control the land and the resources. They do not care about the people. The people can drop dead. But you can't go around saying these things. You have to be deceptive. You have to publicly state that you want to ~help~ the poor and ~educate~ the ignorant in order to get along to your end goal.

You should think more about the deception taking place in the world. It is childish to think that all are equal and all can be uplifted. Do you think the cheetahs reach out to help the gazelles? Nope. The cheetahs just rip their throats out. Life feeds on life. It is brutal and yet awesome. Never lose the feeling of awe and always strive to better yourself. Let the others fail on their own.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Eryiedes

James1982

Wait... David Attenborough was in Jurassic Park? If you are talking about the main rich guy who opened the park in the movie, I think you are confusing him with someone else.

www.youtube.com...

I believe you are confused sir as this clip CLEARLY demonstrates.
That IS the actor Lord David Attenborough.
Can I be of further assistance?

-Peace be with you-

Nope, it was his brother Richard Attenborough that was in Jurassic Park.

Overall though, i tend to agree with David on this one - as cruel as it may be.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Only one word: Eugenics.

Nice but sad find.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Its taken out of context

Here is the original article

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Had you actually looked up the name and not linked it to Jurassic Park purely from a comment from a poster you would have easily found out who was who (Richard is his brother).

So you use straw-man arguments, some ad hominem attacks on posters who point out your errors, and failed on even the most cursory bit of research into the person.

Good job.

ETA in the article you posted the quote is also mis-quoted, with the removal of important words, such as 'simply'.

Also it says things like this

How truly horrible. Instead, it seems Attenborough thinks that we should revoke the right of citizens to even have children

Which is an outright lie, and the opposite of what he said

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: link insert fail

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: Link insert not working properly, random space gets added after submission

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: naughty

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join