It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Speaks French?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am going to ask a girl out soon and I am going to do it in French(because she speaks it and it is the language of love) but I can't pronounce "serez-vous ma petite amie?" which according to the altavista web translator means will you be my girlfriend? I was trying to think a a more creative and cute way to do it, but this is all I came up with. The relationships board didn't help much, so I'm kinda reposting it here, although it is slightly different, if it matters to the mods.
Anyways, if anyone knows how to pronounce that, please help me out because I am clueless. Thanks a lot.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
just get a french/english dictionary and translate what you need
memmorize it and there you go

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I know what I have to say, but I can't pronounce it, and I wish I had time for a french/english dictionary, but I don't, cause she's coming over tonight, so I am hoping to do it by then. Good idea though, thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Be like, "How do you say 'Will You Be My Girlfriend' in French??". Thatd be my second idea, first being the one where you misprnounce it.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That's funny because that's what I plan on doing if I don't learn how to pronounce it soon!! I guess cool people think alike!!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
serez-vous ma petite amie is pronounced sairs voo ma petite (if you dont know how to say that then i shall hurt you) a-me

at least im preety sure thats it

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Whatever you do, dont say "voulez vouz coucher avec moi" thats a no no

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Shhhh... keep quiet, as soon as the rest of the site hears you can speak French, the stereotypes will brand you as a coward. In the mean time before all the French speakers are bashed heres a pickup line to avoid; "omele du framage", I'm not sure how to spell it. For those of you who havn't seen that particular episode of Dexter's Lab it means "cheese omlet"

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Uh, I hate to break it to you pal, but the future tense (where you add the ending onto the future stem) is only used to apply for things far in advance. For your use, you should use the future proche, and say "Est-ce que vous pouvez etre mon petit ami?" I'm not French, but I do know alot of it! Pm me if you need any help

top topics

join