It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new version of ATS is DEAD!!!! Will it ever revive???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
All the same posts on the "recent" page, from 4 days ago!!!!!

Barely any replies coming in to some popular threads, at least they would have been a couple weeks ago. u2u's weren't working. The look and feel seems like I'm using an iphone app for the elderly, in some roger rabbit cartoon world. ATS has been DEAD the last week, and I have found myself spending more time on walks, w/ the dogs, writing my book, and meditating. A blessing in disguise!!!!

It good to get away from all the info....

Anyway, just wondering if this place is DONE/DEAD for good, or if it will return to its former popularity.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominicus

I think you're being melodramatic.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I agree. I was happy to watch unfold the Q&A w/ AMA w/ G. Knapp. best thing to happen to "Recents" in a long time!

(wish folks would follow the posted rules. we might haven seen more answers./.. just sayin...)

edit on 9/18/2013 by kimoliscious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

hm.. nope.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The stats show a consistent user log in and as well as guest visitations.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I liked the old one and personally would rather use that one but I have no serious issues with this one. Honestly, I'd just like one without all the dumb icons and more room for posts.

Overall, I'm not complaining. I complained a lot at first. It's ok. And ya it's a rather overt display of how portables device interfaces are encroaching on the internet.

PS: Ya, I hate the smilies too. The interface seems like it's one color.
edit on 18-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Dominicus
Anyway, just wondering if this place is DONE/DEAD for good, or if it will return to its former popularity.

Actually, overall user traffic is up about 5% over two-weeks ago before the new site. Non-member guests are viewing an average of 2 more thread pages per visit than before the launch.

I have no idea what your claiming to be the case with the recent post page, but there are often several new posts a minute.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

jonnywhite
I'd just like one without all the dumb icons and more room for posts.

This new version does have more room for posts...

edit on 18-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

jonnywhite
I'd just like one without all the dumb icons and more room for posts.

This new version does have more room for posts...

edit on 18-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

On the horizontal the posts are cut short on my screen. It went almost 2 inches further before. When I did side by side comparisons between posts the older one showed more. I also compared the recent posts list and the element sizes were smaller on the older one. That's all I mean. I took screenshots of it.

Maybe you changed that Idk, but I still have the screenshots.

I use 1024x768. Maybe that has something to do with it.
edit on 18-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Zombie ATS! I'm liking it already, and so close to Samhain too! Can't wait to go trick or treating with the grand kids this year! (Even if they are 22 yrs old!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

jonnywhite
On the horizontal the posts are cut short on my screen.

For screens smaller than 1280 wide, the entire site should auto-scaled to the same width as the old ATS.2010. What browser are you using, and what viewport info do you see at the bottom of the page.

I also compared the recent pages list and the element sizes were smaller on the older one. That's all I mean. I took screenshots of it.

I did a lot of side-by-side during development. The new ATS.5/3 "feels" a lot bigger than it is because of the cleaner design. On a typical HD monitor, the new ATS.5/3 displays only 3 fewer threads in recent posts than ATS.2010 did (difference of 24 and 21 as I recall... not 7 and 4
).

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Now I'm used to the layout - it feels the same as before, just a little smoother looking! I really enjoy it.

Can't really say that no real replies, as the DC shooter thread went from 11 replies at 12am when I went to bed, to 35 pages at 7am when I woke up - seems pretty active to me!

But, people will always have something to whinge about!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
At first I wasn't keen on the new format but as time went by, I began to realize it just doesn't matter.
It functions just fine either way and I no longer retain a preference.
The same posters who annoyed me before are still just as unbearable now and neither old nor new formats will change that so it makes no nevermind to me.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm finding nothing wrong with 5.3

only very minor issues on a regular P.C. during beta and rc.

very few mistakes on admins end

issue responses were well handled.
[ and you all know how I am with mistakes !! ]

but I don't use mobiles.

Overall it is much better than the old version.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
OMGOMGOMG!

ATS is. . . . is. . . . UNDEAD.

*gasp*

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Eryiedes
At first I wasn't keen on the new format but as time went by, I began to realize it just doesn't matter.
The same posters who annoyed me before are still just as unbearable now and neither old nor new formats will change that so it makes no nevermind to me.

-Peace be with you-

I mostly agree with you. Functionality-wise, I don't notice a difference.

But why all this work for something like this? I know others might like it for some reason and I know it might allow the site to run more smoothly somehow, but for me... meh... I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

jonnywhite

Eryiedes

-Peace be with you-

I mostly agree with you. Functionality-wise, I don't notice a difference.

But why all this work for something like this? I know others might like it for some reason and I know it might allow the site to run more smoothly somehow, but for me... meh... I don't get it.

NSA 5.3?

(Just Kidding!)

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
when instead of being part of the problem, why not become part of the solution!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It says "viewport: 1007 x 597 | document: 1024 x 9899". I'm using Mozilla Firefox 23 something I think.

The body that contains the post text ends a few inches from the right side of the screen. If I increase the resolution up to 1280 it still remains that way. I tried in IE 8 but it wouldn't load correct.

Don't take my posts wrongly. I wasn't even thinking about this new version of the site since it was reestablished or event a few moments ago. I saw this thread so I blurted what I think and now it gives the wrong impression that I'm supercharged angry about it when I'm not.

I imagine this was all worth it and there're lots of benfeits behind hte scenes.
edit on 19-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join