It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Onequestions Vision of the Future, The Matrix Has You ATS...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
First let me introduce you to some of the technology included in my vision....

Lets start with the deprivation chamber.....

Floatlab

An Isolation-Floatation Chamber provides a light- and sound-free environment containing 12″ of solution consisting of water and dissolved Epsom salt. The solution is maintained at external body temperature[around 95˚]. Inside the Chamber, the participant floats effortlessly without gravitational requirements and neither sound nor light input to consider. - See more at: floatlab.com...

Floatlab is working on technology that goes inside the lab the adds light and sound in a very unique fashion or so says Joe Rogan on his podcast, and i cant really find anything to corroborate this. However it doesn't really matter.

Now lets add something else....

Occulus Rift

The Oculus Rift is a next-generation virtual reality headset designed for immersive gaming. Be part of history by getting your own Oculus Rift development kit.

Oh yes, the oculus rift is going to eventually be incorporated into the deprivation chamber and combined with this following technology...

Xboxone

Welcome to a new generation of games and entertainment. Where games push the boundaries of realism. And television obeys your every command. Where listening to music while playing a game is a snap. And you can jump from TV to movies to music to a game in an instant. Where your experience is custom tailored to you. And the entertainment you love is all in one place. Welcome to the all-in-one, Xbox One.

Wow.... but how does this apply to my vision of the future? Well, xbox and the internet are going to connect people together into a virtual world like this.....

Secondlife

Well, i couldn't get the secondlife video to work but i'm sure most of you are well aware of it. For those of you who aren't it is a virtual world well, kind of like this....

Wow, secondlife, avatars, deprivation chambers, xbox's, virtual reality, and wait im not done yet.

USAtoday

A rapid series of advances in the field of brain-computer interfaces has made it possible for one person to remotely trigger another person's movement. University of Washington researcher Rajesh Rao sent a finger-flicking brain signal to his colleague, Andrea Stocco, in a demonstration of human-to-human brain signaling.

They are really starting to get a handle on the brain, not consciousness, but the brain. I think they will very soon link this technology to the occulus rift and virtual tech so that you can physical feel like your experiencing something while in the tank.

Wow, this is whats coming people get ready its already on the horizon.

edit on 18-9-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow. Good job connecting the dots. Add robots to the equation and "Surrogates" the Bruce Willis movie also comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

It all works seamlessly until you have an itch on your nose.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Saoquim

Well my videos aren't working but its the picture of Neo waking up in the matrix in the tub with all the things hooked up to his body. The other video is of the virtual world on second life.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Well i honestly think they have something worked out for that but its not a discussable issue here on ATS so i couldnt talk about my full vision without violating T N C.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by greencmp

Well i honestly think they have something worked out for that but its not a discussable issue here on ATS so i couldnt talk about my full vision without violating T N C.

Hmmm, perhaps something to do with veterinarians, gotcha!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I've watched a few gamers testing oculus, some of them almost scream when they look down and discover they're standing on the edge of a very high building.
I hadn't connected the dots like OP, but I had seen the potential of this tech. They say its lag free and doesnt cause nausia, and its HD.
I WANT IT!!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You can buy them for 300 dollars i think. I want one, i want to hook it up to some of the sims they have for it. Its awsome and scary at the same time.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

ewwwwwwww Bet their working on creating cyborgs right now , smooth transition from in-vitro to cyborg with mind control programing thrown in.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Yeah thats one of the scary possibilities were looking at with the brain tech. Maybe proxy control using the virtual world.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Sounds great. We are going to be in a simulation inside an already existing simulation.

THe only ingredient missing is the ability to completely wipe ones memory for the ultimate gaming experience. I mean, no matter how real your simulations is, if you can still remember putting on the helmet, if yo can still remember that it is just a game, then you aren't going to fully allow yourself to be immersed in the experience now are you?

......and here we are.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Now that is some scary #... but maybe they are already working on that with psychedelics?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well if anyone is uncomfortable with new hi-tech like this,there is the option to just not purchase it/indulge in it+rather spend that time and money on wholesome outdoors activities,creative hobbies,etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I'm proposing this inevitable future as non optional. The symbiosis will be something that everyone "desires" if you catch my drift.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I do and if you remember what the real world looked like in the movie Matrix it kinda makes me mentally spew thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I remember hearing about the Occulus Rift and research a bit and seeing its limitations. But you have to imagine this technology being capable of much more to see how it might chagne things. There're so many variables to throw a wrench in our attempts.

Whenever I try to imagine how technology will change us and our behaviors and in turn change the technology we use or create I always think to myself that what I imagine is probably wildly wrong. When I go and look back at past futurist predictions they're so often wrong. I've read a lot of old science fiction too and it's often wrong (though still interesting). However, sometimes they hit on good ideas and get close to being on target.

We don't know what the future will be. We can look at this virtual reality technology and make all sorts of bold predictions, much of them based on fear, but we're probably off target somehow. We're missing pieces of the puzzles. We're small creatures.

I read the Otherland book series by Tad Williams probably 10 years ago and it was probably one of the first books that left an impression on me. Since I had already played an online game, it really connected with me when it told the story of a boy that played Thargor online with a friend. He covered things like moving your arms to use virtual reality (like using your hand with mouse) and robotic toys that could google and full immersion VR and so on. Of course, as any good science fiction will, it has good guys and bad guys and plays on our fears somewhat and builds on the suspense.

I really like Arthur C Clarke's take on the future (don't miss it):

I love to read old science fiction. In a lot of ways it's not old at all. Sometimes I'm surprised I"m reading a story 40 years old!! I wnat to read even older ones.

Here's a good one - I haven't read it yet:
en.wikipedia.org - The World Set Free...

Some science fiction is just bad writing. Usually you can tell a story is bad if it's telling you things as opposed to just showing you things and letting you digest it. I find that most science fiction I read is good and only a small amount is bad like that.

In one particularly bad book, there's this quote, ironically:

You should never ascribe to malice what can be put down to incompetence.

edit on 19-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Ah,I see.I am finding it hard to comprehend though,its not something I can get my head around,this submersion in games,especially futuristic-sounding ones like these,more so if not optional.Call me old-fashioned,"out-of-touch" whatever but maybe it's because my entire life feels like a virtual game of sorts anyway-i don't comprehend the desire to lose myself in yet another game.

Escapism should be optional,though,otherwise it's not escapism+fun but enslavement.
This world could well be some a giant sims game,anyway.I wonder what the effect of longtime immersion in this type of virtual reality games,say from childhood to the age of 30,would be-how and if it will affect people's perception of reality in general,of this physical reality we have to live in.Psychological longterm effects etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ugh... simulation...

I'll be outside, enjoying the sun and real PEOPLE!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The difference is, in the movie, people were forced into the matrix...

In reality, we will voluntarily plug ourselves in...

Slowly, but surely we make our own existence pointless.

We are man.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The game Geist (not that good but I loved it) had the consciousness part. I mean if you figure out the consciousness part the brain and body are of no importance.

But I imagine some of the first things to be connected to this sort of technology mixture you speak of would be things like robot dogs, guided missiles, tanks... Then also it would be virtual shopping that is then shipped to your house. No need to go anywhere.

So basically that grab you (being a terrorist ATS user) wipe your memory and train you to think you are a missile or make you think you are a drone. You will also know that certain people are "evil" and will want to get rid of them. So you launch a piece of your body (hellfire) and kill them. If you get shot down you are reincarnated (in some angel sequence) into a new body. Maybe you were good in your last life so this time you come back as an F-35...

But in my view this already happened and Christians call the creator of this system God. Some guy came down into the game and tried to wake the masses. For this he was locked down here with us. Hehehe..... Of course I wonder what does real even mean? If I am already in the Matrix why not go a few levels deeper? IT's of no consequence to me.

Great thread Idea, even if I heard most of it on that same podcast.
Duncan Trussell is one interesting character.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join