It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook - A final thought.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

ZiggyMojo
I was relatively quiet during the Sandy Hook incident on the forums. It took me back to the Dark Knight shootings earlier that year in which I witnessed a very strange and unbelievable chain of events. I witnessed and evidenced the media lying, changing the story and making no redactions. They were simply discarding information whether it was true or not, muddying the facts with fiction and diluting the truth to the point that nobody knew what was real and what wasn't.

I think it's been a long standing problem with media outlets in the US specifically. It was apparent during Sandy Hook and so much so that I tuned out. I couldn't bare to watch the story unfold, and the deaths their used as collateral for an anti-gun movement. It was disgusting, no matter who did it.. It was heinous and vile.

I am in agreement that there is a difference between denial and conspiracy. Generally, my "conspiracy theories" don't surmise that NOTHING happened, but rather something happened but not the way we've been told. The true motives or true events are not revealed to us. There were no doubt deaths on that day and the people who believe otherwise are truly hopeless.

What didn't (in my opinion) happen.. Are the elements of the "official" story. The real motive hasn't been released and who was involved never will be in my opinion. There were so many holes in the "official" story that it would make less sense to believe it than to speculate to some extent. The story was sensationalized and hashed over and over for 2 months. The media twisted the facts, reported fallacies and never differentiated the truth. The people are OWED an explanation, most specifically the families and community of Sandy Hook. It has been long enough. If the story was as cut and dry as they stated, then the work involved to examine and produce the story to the public would have been done long ago.

I think we're seeing a delay because everyone is aware of how critical the public is growing in events like these. As they say.. "The Devil is in the Details" and they don't want the details to damn them. If the public was aware of any lies or lack of integrity in a case like this.. The media would lose so much of their hypnotic grasp and all of their benefactors would relinquish some amount of their control/power.

Did it happen? Hell yes it did. If you believe otherwise then you are out of touch with reality. The people who believe it didn't happen at all or that no one was killed are the "crazies". They are the people that give the Conspiracy Theorists a bad name, and the same people that the media focuses on when any light is brought to this realm of thinking.

Did it happen the way it was reported, or the way that law enforcement has hinted? I don't believe it for a second. There are far too many inconsistencies and holes. The theatrics in the media and by our own president were over the top. There was no delay in the government's reaction to utilizing the events as political fodder for their own agendas. No matter what we've been told, or will be told.. I am confident that the full truth will never be revealed "officially". So, it still remains a challenge of the public to uncover the truth, but it must be done tastefully and with respect to the fallen. As harsh as it may sound, one life is not worth more than another. It may be hard to talk about Sandy Hook in particular because children were the majority of deaths, but far more children died in 9/11 and the events that followed and we're able to discuss those events more openly. The forum was built on denying ignorance, and if that means disproving the ignorant folks who propose completely ignorant and ludicrous ideas and conspiracies.. Then that to is our duty. The duty is truth. Censoring discussion doesn't abate lunacy or ignorance. It serves to promote it, because there is no resolution or truth given. I can't say that I agree with a lot of what people have proposed as conspiracies but part recognizing the truth is disproving conspiracies presented as truth.

As a long standing and contributing member (not as much as others of course).. I think moving this thread to the "LOL" section is just as distasteful as the people denying children died. You're denying the forum the ability to express the very thing the forum was built on. I don't care if I step on toes saying this..

The only "LOL" I get out of this is the way it is being handled by the staff at ATS.
edit on 23-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

I have a lot of trouble with this kind of "logic," and I see a lot of it lately.

If you believe no one died, you are "crazy." That's the stance taken by "rational conspiracy theorists."

As if it's OK to believe we are being lied to...just not about dead children.

How about instead, we simply believe nothing until presented with proof.

I will concur that it is indeed crazy to believe that every death is a conspiracy.

But that isn't what we are talking about here. We are talking about the very idea that our government and media could be so cold and calculating as to lie to us about deaths. Is that crazy?

Those who would control information bank on us finding certain topics too distasteful to address.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

notquitesure

ZiggyMojo
I was relatively quiet during the Sandy Hook incident on the forums. It took me back to the Dark Knight shootings earlier that year in which I witnessed a very strange and unbelievable chain of events. I witnessed and evidenced the media lying, changing the story and making no redactions. They were simply discarding information whether it was true or not, muddying the facts with fiction and diluting the truth to the point that nobody knew what was real and what wasn't.

I think it's been a long standing problem with media outlets in the US specifically. It was apparent during Sandy Hook and so much so that I tuned out. I couldn't bare to watch the story unfold, and the deaths their used as collateral for an anti-gun movement. It was disgusting, no matter who did it.. It was heinous and vile.

I am in agreement that there is a difference between denial and conspiracy. Generally, my "conspiracy theories" don't surmise that NOTHING happened, but rather something happened but not the way we've been told. The true motives or true events are not revealed to us. There were no doubt deaths on that day and the people who believe otherwise are truly hopeless.

What didn't (in my opinion) happen.. Are the elements of the "official" story. The real motive hasn't been released and who was involved never will be in my opinion. There were so many holes in the "official" story that it would make less sense to believe it than to speculate to some extent. The story was sensationalized and hashed over and over for 2 months. The media twisted the facts, reported fallacies and never differentiated the truth. The people are OWED an explanation, most specifically the families and community of Sandy Hook. It has been long enough. If the story was as cut and dry as they stated, then the work involved to examine and produce the story to the public would have been done long ago.

I think we're seeing a delay because everyone is aware of how critical the public is growing in events like these. As they say.. "The Devil is in the Details" and they don't want the details to damn them. If the public was aware of any lies or lack of integrity in a case like this.. The media would lose so much of their hypnotic grasp and all of their benefactors would relinquish some amount of their control/power.

Did it happen? Hell yes it did. If you believe otherwise then you are out of touch with reality. The people who believe it didn't happen at all or that no one was killed are the "crazies". They are the people that give the Conspiracy Theorists a bad name, and the same people that the media focuses on when any light is brought to this realm of thinking.

Did it happen the way it was reported, or the way that law enforcement has hinted? I don't believe it for a second. There are far too many inconsistencies and holes. The theatrics in the media and by our own president were over the top. There was no delay in the government's reaction to utilizing the events as political fodder for their own agendas. No matter what we've been told, or will be told.. I am confident that the full truth will never be revealed "officially". So, it still remains a challenge of the public to uncover the truth, but it must be done tastefully and with respect to the fallen. As harsh as it may sound, one life is not worth more than another. It may be hard to talk about Sandy Hook in particular because children were the majority of deaths, but far more children died in 9/11 and the events that followed and we're able to discuss those events more openly. The forum was built on denying ignorance, and if that means disproving the ignorant folks who propose completely ignorant and ludicrous ideas and conspiracies.. Then that to is our duty. The duty is truth. Censoring discussion doesn't abate lunacy or ignorance. It serves to promote it, because there is no resolution or truth given. I can't say that I agree with a lot of what people have proposed as conspiracies but part recognizing the truth is disproving conspiracies presented as truth.

As a long standing and contributing member (not as much as others of course).. I think moving this thread to the "LOL" section is just as distasteful as the people denying children died. You're denying the forum the ability to express the very thing the forum was built on. I don't care if I step on toes saying this..

The only "LOL" I get out of this is the way it is being handled by the staff at ATS.

I have a lot of trouble with this kind of "logic," and I see a lot of it lately.

If you believe no one died, you are "crazy." That's the stance taken by "rational conspiracy theorists."

I will concur that it is indeed crazy to believe that every death is a conspiracy.

But that isn't what we are talking about here. We are talking about the very idea that our government and media could be so cold and calculating as to lie to us about deaths. Is that crazy?

Those who would control information bank on us finding certain topics too distasteful to address.

How is this "logic" troubling? Since when did logic not exist? Logic didn't appear "lately", it has always been.I have relatives who live in Redding which is very close to Newtown. One of them works with a parent of one of the children who was killed. They knew the child personally. That child is gone because of the shooting.

If you don't believe it, when the evidence is plain as day in front of you.. You're crazy. These are real people, real lives were lost and a real shooting occurred. Whether or not the events happened as we've been told, or whether or not everything can be chalked up to a kid with mental instability is another issue altogether. The story itself is where the conspiracy lies, not whether or not it happened. Denying that an event happened is not conspiracy theory, it's denial. Whether or not the event was tangible to you is neither here nor there. People experienced it and suffered from it. It happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

ZiggyMojo

notquitesure

ZiggyMojo

How is this "logic" troubling? Since when did logic not exist? Logic didn't appear "lately", it has always been.I have relatives who live in Redding which is very close to Newtown. One of them works with a parent of one of the children who was killed. They knew the child personally. That child is gone because of the shooting.

If you don't believe it, when the evidence is plain as day in front of you.. You're crazy. These are real people, real lives were lost and a real shooting occurred. Whether or not the events happened as we've been told, or whether or not everything can be chalked up to a kid with mental instability is another issue altogether. The story itself is where the conspiracy lies, not whether or not it happened. Denying that an event happened is not conspiracy theory, it's denial. Whether or not the event was tangible to you is neither here nor there. People experienced it and suffered from it. It happened.

To be fair, that is not compelling evidence.

Not to say that compelling evidence does not exist in this case. Maybe it does.

But an internet stranger claiming to know someone who knows someone and being labeled as crazy if you don't believe this anonymous story could be construed as a bullying tactic. As an attempt to shame people into believing, using the emotional circumstance of a dead child.

Often the next tactic is question the integrity or sanity of anyone who doesn't automatically trust and believe anonymous sources without evidence.

Not saying that you would resort to this tactic. Just that those acting in this manner do the dirty work of those who would control information, sometimes unwittingly.
edit on 23-9-2013 by notquitesure because: quoting error

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

notquitesure

But an internet stranger claiming to know someone who knows someone and being labeled as crazy if you don't believe this anonymous story could be construed as a bullying tactic. As an attempt to shame people into believing, using the emotional circumstance of a dead child.

Often the next tactic is question the integrity or sanity of anyone who doesn't automatically trust and believe anonymous sources without evidence.

Not saying that you would resort to this tactic. Just that those acting in this manner do the dirty work of those who would control information, sometimes unwittingly.

Your argument goes both ways.. How many people does it take to convince one person that an event happened? Does the wind not blow in the middle of the Pacific because you aren't there to witness it? Did the World Trade centers not fall because you weren't there on 9/11?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

How about scientific laws, there are laws that I can guarantee you've never had physical evidence of but you live your life by those laws everyday. You just take someone's word for it, because they have done the dirty work to figure it out. I'm not saying people need to believe me, but where you draw the line in the sand gets very messy. Sure, you can pick and choose what you believe to be truth, but when some of those "truths" are more unfounded than others that you cast aside as fallacy.. You're own integrity and sanity has to be questioned.

The official story is as true as any other story until more definitive evidence is supplied. The "evidence" if you want to call it that, that nobody died in Newtown is negligible. I'm not saying I believe the OS, but I KNOW the event happened. I just don't know if we've been told the truth as to who or why.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

ZiggyMojo

notquitesure

Your argument goes both ways.. How many people does it take to convince one person that an event happened? Does the wind not blow in the middle of the Pacific because you aren't there to witness it? Did the World Trade centers not fall because you weren't there on 9/11?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

How about scientific laws, there are laws that I can guarantee you've never had physical evidence of but you live your life by those laws everyday. You just take someone's word for it, because they have done the dirty work to figure it out. I'm not saying people need to believe me, but where you draw the line in the sand gets very messy. Sure, you can pick and choose what you believe to be truth, but when some of those "truths" are more unfounded than others that you cast aside as fallacy.. You're own integrity and sanity has to be questioned.

The official story is as true as any other story until more definitive evidence is supplied. The "evidence" if you want to call it that, that nobody died in Newtown is negligible. I'm not saying I believe the OS, but I KNOW the event happened. I just don't know if we've been told the truth as to who or why.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, I just think we are past the point where we can take the word of the media or government for anything.

I don't know what happened there and don't pretend to.

Here are three possible scenarios (not presumed to be all-inclusive).

1. A tragic event that government and media seized on to further an agenda.
2. A tragic event that government and media had a hand in to further an agenda.
3. A seemingly tragic event that government and media staged to further an agenda.

We would all like to believe that 1 is closer to the truth.
Maybe the reason so many people gravitate toward 3 is that 2 is even more horrific.
People would rather believe that their government would make up a story about dead children than believe that their government could possibly have a role in the death of children.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

if i could give you a star, i would.....

you hit the nail on the head....when dave made a thread to ask why this one was dumped here for no reason, we got what felt like (but obviously wasn't) a canned reply from SO....

when i asked him if he could comment on why this thread was thrown in here, for no reason he said that this thread was simply sited as an example, and that he wouldn't comment on why this thread is here....completely ignoring the fact that this thread didn't violate any rules yet....it was arbitrarily tossed in here for no other reason than the fact that it has sandy hook in the title, and omfg, we wanna talk about stuff that doesn't add up...

granted, the official police report hasn't been released yet....which is odd, in and of itself.........i believe we had an official report regarding aurora in a shorter amount of time....

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by notquitesure

Truly, is it surprising that people would want to believe and venture to prove a theory that no one was killed? I've always wondered at the aversion towards people who don't gravitate to the bloody death scenario. It should be the other way around, I think.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
don't need to kick a dead horse, it was just another ff opp to use to try and ban weapons sales and ownership. And we're bound to see lots more of these there's no doubt. Seems like every other month some new FF is happening. Now it's Syria, awhhh it's just annoying already. Like are they ever gonna stop playing this FF narrative to push various agenda? It's really annoying already.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I never had an issue believing our govt could kill children. The Murrah incident 19 children, many babies. World Trade Center 8 children on flights/or reported on flights that may or may not have happened but passengers did definitely disappear. The Waco massacre all tolled 21 children under the age of 16, 12 of those children under the age of 5.

Do we even bother to count children in other countries?

Reading on SH till eyes were weary, some parents that didn't seem all that distraught if at all. Some oddly enough appeared happy. While he was not a parent the chief medical examiner fits in that category.

Reading more on possible occult practices in the area I came to this best case scenario for myself/not saying it's right/just what made sense to me…children were definitely killed, some belonging to unsuspecting families but others that might have been offered in sacrifice. And while even that is hard to fathom it is part of certain ritualistic practices. In that sense it's no different than children being offered as suicide bombers bc the parents believe they will find their everlasting reward for martyrdom. I do believe it is possible that parents that were 'in on it' (if that is a valid premise) really did believe their children would find their greater glory for the sacrifice. In my mind that explains some of the parents actually looking quite jovial. Yes I know it's sick/but these kinds of sickness do exist. Perhaps, just perhaps, some of the children interviewed that seemed really quite alright/they were the ones who made it thru the ordeal/bc who would know just exactly which ones would die/and if their parents were part of the 'in' crowd then they would be indoctrinated in everything is fine/and here are your lines. Children raised in any strict religious doctrine don't seem to have a mind of their own.

In it all, other children were murdered and the parents had no idea. I cannot even begin to fathom the depth of their shock and pain.

Is the death toll accurate…can't tell. Pictures of children who were not even part of SH but supposedly killed/certainly red flags. Why was there not more blood? If it was a planned execution done with precision weapons, not knowing a damn thing about weapons myself, is it possible that the weapons used do a rather clean job?

Now we have the naval bombing. What purpose does it serve? Easy…gives the govt one more reason to have access to confidential medical records. Recently divorced? Depressed over losing your job or just financial pressures? Recent death in the family? Spouse/child diagnosed with terminal illness? PTS? Then you are too mentally unstable to own a gun.

Waco was to marginalize fringe groups. Oklahoma was to instill the fear that horrific tragedy could strike at any time from within, you're never safe thing. Trade Center, 'they' want to get us so we need to get them first…and of course our dearly beloved Patriot Act. Boston, martial law is your friend (hey get one of those calendars, they're hot).

It follows a pattern, each event to condition us to accept complete authority. But before that can happen the population has to be disarmed. It's all about the guns now.

It would be encouraging, marginally, if this thread did not disappear/but if it does not surprised.

edit on 23-9-2013 by arosebyanyothername because: grammar

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to get to the bottom of it all. I mean, a whole lot of families in that community must be missing children, right?

There must be a lot of grieving parents still.....I mean, those kids aren't going to school anymore. They won't be in school pictures, etc. They have foundations named after them, gravesites, etc. Wouldn't it be rather easy to track that all down?

The families of the victims are presumably living there still. If their kids didn't really die, then where are they? Hiding in the closet? I don't get where these children would be.

I don't understand the rationale behind the conspiracy theories, but I'm open to hearing them. They just don't add up to me.

edit on 23-9-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Daedalus
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

when i asked him if he could comment on why this thread was thrown in here, for no reason he said that this thread was simply sited as an example, and that he wouldn't comment on why this thread is here....completely ignoring the fact that this thread didn't violate any rules yet....it was arbitrarily tossed in here for no other reason than the fact that it has sandy hook in the title, and omfg, we wanna talk about stuff that doesn't add up...

Actually, if you've followed ATS's treatment and SkepticOverlord's commentary on the topic, the fact that this thread is in the LOL forum adds up perfectly.

SkepticOverlord has never followed his own stated "guidelines" regarding Sandy Hook. The lame excuse about "personal information" and such has served as a blanket justification for the deletion of any and every post and the closing or deletion of every thread that steps over the ATS party line regarding this tragedy. The criteria for what stays and what goes has absolutely nothing to do with respect for the victims or the personal information of private citizens.

On this issue, ATS has opted to embrace ignorace and to do its best to make sure its members do the same. The question remains: Why?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

Wow I can't believe I found this thread on this anywhere on this site. Most are 404. Thanks for providing logic and reason, all is not lost yet....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

bigfootgurl
ATS has opted to embrace ignorace and to do its best to make sure its members do the same. The question remains: Why?

Actually I think you got that backwards. Those who run around saying Sandy Hook never happened have embraced ignorance and are doing their best to make sure the members do the same. And yes, the question is WHY are they doing this?? Answer - something is misfiring in their frontal lobes.

This thread should be in the trash can. It's an embarrassment to ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

VoidHawk
That guy who appeared on tv who was laughing, and then got into character as a parent who'd lost a child! That for me was just too much. From that point on I didn't believe a word of the OS.

That did it for me too. It doesn't matter how many threads on this topic are removed and censored, people will still believe what they want to.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

FlyersFan

bigfootgurl
ATS has opted to embrace ignorace and to do its best to make sure its members do the same. The question remains: Why?

Actually I think you got that backwards. Those who run around saying Sandy Hook never happened have embraced ignorance and are doing their best to make sure the members do the same. And yes, the question is WHY are they doing this?? Answer - something is misfiring in their frontal lobes.

This thread should be in the trash can. It's an embarrassment to ATS.

I can think of many threads I want to see in the trash can, because I think they are an embarrassment, but I prefer people be allowed to speak their mind without being censored. How would you feel if every thread you started or posted in was deleted? Just saying...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Taissa
How would you feel if every thread you started or posted in was deleted? Just saying...

I wouldn't be starting a thread saying that Sandy Hook didn't happen .... or that airplanes didn't fly into buildings on 9/11 .... or things like that. And I wouldn't be slamming the management here on the decisions they make to run THEIR SITE. We are guests here .... it's not our site. I mean ... comeon ....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

bigfootgurl
The lame excuse about "personal information" and such has served as a blanket justification for the deletion of any and every post...

-sigh-

And the damn beat goes on?

How many times do we need to say it? Seriously? Are people that stupid?

Here is the absolute final thought on the issue...

We stopped suffering the fools who could not allow any Sandy Hook topic to exist without revealing the personal and private information of people whose only involvement is being a victim, or nearby, or having parked their car nearby, or having blown their nose at the same time as the shooting.

If this thread can't respect the simplicity of the matter, it will be closed.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the sandy hook shooting mirrors the dunblane school shooting in scotland in 1996 that led to gun control in the u.k but they do not talk about that either due to the 100 YEARS gagging order for the press when 30 years is the norm for even the royalty .

no crime seen photos no bodies no autopsy reports nada and the victims families were not even asked to id the bodies lucky a drill was running in bridge port nearby simulating a school shooting .

not one photo even when the school is being demolished with everyone having a camera phone these days lucky we have lt/col michael aquino with his psy ops training here ask him about operation northwoods and public perseption .

he was a good shot adam lanza not one person injured maybe that is why the responders stayed well back but like the shooting in scotland in 1996 where gordon hamilton had to shoot himself TWICE in the head just for good measure not all is what it seems .

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hey all,

I just joined, so I don't want to add coals to any fire, but... I'm actually pretty interested in keeping updated on this particular topic (especially in a forum like this). Like many others here, I don't fully understand what exactly happened at that school, and am concerned (to say the least) about the misinformation early on, and the lack of concrete information still ... Something doesn't feel right, and the lives of children were put at risk or lost. To me, this is an event that deserves attention so we can learn what really happened.

But... are we not supposed to talk about this topic here?
Or is the primary concern that people were exposing personal information?
Does the article being here imply that the community believes the "conspiracy theory" surrounding SH is a lie? Or that the shooting itself was a lie?

Sort of confused.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Skeptic462
Or is the primary concern that people were exposing personal information?

As has been said dozens of times, yes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join