It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas release ESE of Monroe, LA...anyone know what's going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So I'm looking at SkyVector (www.skyvector.com) looking at a VFR flight for tomorrow and see a flight restriction near Monroe, LA. Anyone in that area know what's going on? First thing I thought of was problems with the sink holes in that area. Here is the exact text from the NOTAM (notice to airmen);

FDC 3/8499 ZFW LA.. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS, 25 MILES ESE MONROE, LA. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(1) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR GAS RELEASE. ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF LOUISIANA STATE POLICE ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE AT AND BELOW 2000 FEET AGL WITHIN A 3 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 322335N/0913802W OR THE MONROE /MLU/ VORTAC 107 DEGREE RADIAL AT 21.7 NAUTICAL MILES LOUISIANA STATE POLICE TELEPHONE 318-680-9399 IS IN CHARGE OF ON SCENE EMERGENCY RESPONSE ACTIVITY. FORT WORTH /ZFW/ ARTCC TELEPHONE 817-858-7503 IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
By gas they mean methane?

Freakin' Fracking, maybe?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Monroe is up in northern LA so I'm not too sure. I know that there have been numerous gas smells (hydrogen sulfide) in the southern part of the state over the past couple of years and the sinkhole is also in the south.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Well I was thinking the sink hole problem was in the southern part of the state but wasn't sure. It may be just a ruptured gas line or something similar, but it's odd that they would restrict air traffic if that's all it was....unless of course they were worried about the threat of fire and needed/wanted aircraft in the area to monitor/fight a fire. Maybe it's just nothing but wanted to post here because I'm pretty sure theres several board posters from the LA area and was hoping one of them might shed a little light on this.
edit on 18-9-2013 by EdSurly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

July 02, 2013 at 1619 UTC was the first posting so whatever it is, has been going on for a while. Did you call flt service or do you know anyone you could call close to Monroe?

www.google.com... ZBpD49gS__YHIDw&usg=AFQjCNFC7Uv6Z1jrcFJ0q5-EXy5r-K2JWA&sig2=vO3sHWd6dt4cFCX5GjqLgQ&bvm=bv.52288139,d.eWU

RICHLAND PARISH, La. (KNOE 8 News) - Dozens can now return home after the release of natural gas in parts of Richland and Franklin parishes, along with an oil well fire. This happened at the Denbury operated oil field. Friday, as many as 34 people were forced to leave their homes. As of Saturday afternoon, that evacuation order was lifted. The company, Denbury, has released a statement saying there were no injuries as a result of the leak. No word on a cause just yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Pics or it didn't happen....

Sorry couldn't resist!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ATS does not enable me to post my photos

BUT I checked the coordinates of the three mile radius airspace closure.

It is out in the wood by a river. I noticed bare patches with roads leading out dotting the landscape.

I then compared the landscape to aerial photos of fracking operations.

It is a match. So I would certainly say that fracking has led to a gas release.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Remaind me of Bhopal Gas Tragedy..

en.wikipedia.org...
indiatoday.intoday.in...

top topics

join