It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: "Raising the Debt Ceiling...Does Not Increase Our Debt"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Would be a good idea

Just considering your idea would make me a Terrorist! Seems that the US considered it already!

Sad part is we all have gun's! Just no Bullet's to buy anymore! Us has that covered too!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Another gem from Obama

It's a basic function of making sure that the full faith and credit of the United States is preserved."

and another gem from Russia with Love !!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Thanks For covering my back ABNARTY! Let's not forget Interest! Back in the day when the Mob
was in the game!

You lost a leg, wife or child! And you still OWED!

Now Interest is conpounded for LIFE and carried over to your children to pay later!
Death Tax Too! Payed taxes all your life for everything and you die, taxed again! Like you care, your DEAD!
Oh, only the children have to pay that too, with interest if somehow being a Slave did not give you the cash
to have laying around in a jar like in the Good Old Day's!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

The only way to end this problem would be ending federal reserve, reinstating the glass steagall act, replace the petro dollar (any country that wants to buy oil can use their own currency to buy it), stop funding/starting wars in the name of "national interest", undo the police state caused by previous administrations, bring back the space progam and maybe encourage some privatization of it. That is what i would want done, if it were possible for a nineteen year old canadian to run for president of supposedly "the most powerful nation on earth" i'd freakin do it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

Just a funny note 2 U. At least they gonna run to the caves and while we are dealing with the crap up
above. I have a special place for them!

At the bottom until you prove your worth! Mr. Billy bad ass coming out from a hole and saying let's do this?
No! Go back to the cave and learn again and do not come out until you do!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

A basic civics course would really calm you down. The debt ceiling is about bills promised yet not paid but...oh well nevermind. You are not interested in facts, you just want a thread to hate Obama in.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

xuenchen
Another gem from Obama

It's a basic function of making sure that the full faith and credit of the United States is preserved."

After this remark, it's a crucial function of the government to preserve the illusion of money and destroy our credit rating at the same time. Then the government's boss (NOT us) can come in with another even more insane system. My faith is absolutely unshaken the majority of Americans will stay asleep until elbowed at the end of the trip. We're close... wait till those big juicy Treasuries mature again. gulp
edit on 18-9-2013 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2013 by derfreebie because: Big Pink-- 'The Wait' is almost over, couldn't help it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

1104light

A basic civics course would really calm you down. The debt ceiling is about bills promised yet not paid but...oh well nevermind. You are not interested in facts, you just want a thread to hate Obama in.

Well let's understand how the slippery salamander gets money to pay promised debts.

Let's think real hard with this.

I know...... [ but this might go over some peoples' heads ]

Wait for it...

He *Borrows* more money by way of selling Treasury Securities !!!

Why does he sell securities to borrow extra money ?

Because he spends more than he takes in from revenues !!!!

It's called deficit spending which always adds to the national debt.

Does that satisfy your requirement for a civics course ?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

i think there is a reason they call it a debt ceiling..
dont you think?
the more you spend..the higher the debt.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Seriously will the madness never end!?! I mean the madness of this administration of course, which is just doing whatever they please, to whomever they please, where ever they please... But I digress...

On a lighter note. Here 'ya go Beezzer.

-SAP-
edit on 18-9-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

He's absolutely right! It's impossible to raise ANYTHING when your sinking knee deep in poo and you still can't feel the hard bottom! Yes, we can .... Prove we're full o' Poo !

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It really surprises me that no one here seems to understand what the debt ceiling actually is... The money is already spent. That means we owe the money whether we pay it off or not. Whatever damage has been done to the national debt ALREADY EXISTS. Because it exists, it needs to be paid. Raising the debt ceiling allows us to pay those debts.

If you want to rally against spending, go for it. But I'm sure everyone here knows what happens when you don't pay a credit card bill... Your credit rating goes down. Not raising the debt ceiling is the same thing as not paying off your credit card when it comes to the national debt. Sure, next month you can spend less. But RIGHT NOW, it needs to be paid.

If you want to focus on something, focus on SPENDING for next quarter/year. NOT raising the debt ceiling is bad for everyone. Cutting spending just -might- be good for everyone.
(I know there's a hundred billion or two in extraneous military contracts that could be cut tomorrow without affecting national security--that might be a good place to start
)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

xuenchen

1104light

Well let's understand how the slippery salamander gets money to pay promised debts.

Let's think real hard with this.

I know...... [ but this might go over some peoples' heads ]

Wait for it...

He *Borrows* more money by way of selling Treasury Securities !!!

Why does he sell securities to borrow extra money ?

Because he spends more than he takes in from revenues !!!!

It's called deficit spending which always adds to the national debt.

Does that satisfy your requirement for a civics course ?

Since none of that has to do with the debt ceiling, not really. I would fail you given the topic of discussion. I would give you an A in deflection class though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

autopat51
reply to post by 1104light

i think there is a reason they call it a debt ceiling..
dont you think?
the more you spend..the higher the debt.

I think you need to learn more about it from someone not starring on FOX or AM radio, like an economics teacher. Sorry, Republicans but you have to pay the bills you racked up.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Its like maxing out 10 credit cards and buying another credit card to pay those cards off!

Do politicians know anything about money ?

I guess it what we all get for allowing only rich people to be in power as most will have no clue what a budget is!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Solid proof that they chat utter bollox when running for presidency, only to completely back track and lead the same path of the person they took over. Two sides of the same coin.

What a wanker.

Obama's logic: Get fat, so you can facilitate the fat from the more chocolate you are now able to consume - its not added fat, it'll already be there anyway.

WTF.

Its actually insulting how dumb he thinks people are.

edit on 19-9-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well, in true definition, the raising of a limit doesn't raise the amount you owe. But........................Why raise your limit unless you plan to rack up more debt.

The Tyrant 0bama is about the biggest assclown to ever grace the American Presidency ever.

Gotta love the Alinsky tactics and redefining of words.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

About the same as the last clown you had Bush rember that tyrant started it all obama is just running with the torch.

Dont get me wrong im not defending him, just saying rember who got it going in the first place.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Obama is a terrible president but he makes a great clown. I needed a good laugh, thanks for that OP.

I can only hope that Americans see this crap for what it is before it's too late for all of us.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

SpaDe_
I understand his logic in making this statement, but then if that is the case why does the debt ceiling need to be raised if we will not be gaining more debt?
Not sure who he thinks he is kidding with this statement, but I'm certain he thinks everyone will buy it because we are all like this emoticon ->

edit on 9/18/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

He used different logic back in 2006, when he was a US Senator:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.” …….. Senator Barack Obama

Obama voted no on raising debt ceiling....

I guess he just didn't understand things back then, when he was just a Senator.... he isn't just 'average' any more... he's 'special'...

edit on 19-9-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join