It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if there was full disclosure tomorrow...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It is the holy grail, it is something we all want here. But what are the full implications, and would we get more than we bargained for?

People always say it would rock the religions, and that would cause instability. I think that is a gross exaggeration, and the religious communities would deal with it. To the well adjusted within them, it wouldn't change much. To the extremists... well they were extremists before that, and nothing much would change that either.

To me, I think MUCH greater weight lies in the details, and the implications of those details.

Imagine that tomorrow the Russian Government declared with full sincerity that they knew aliens existed, and that they had interacted with them. They knew that there were around 80 or so bases peppered deep underwater and piled under mountains. They have detected the bases, and seen the individuals themselves, and recovered 3-5 crashed craft over the years but they have no grasp of their workings. They knew that hundreds of craft are coming and going every single day, doing god knows what. They admit they don't know why the hell they are here, or what the hell they want. In fact they are so common they have to route their navy around them to avoid interacting with them. The Russians go on to say that they and all governments are powerless to stop whatever it is the beings are doing, should they choose it. In fact, the beings themselves are extremely secretive, and there is reason to believe they might have somewhat nefarious motives, and they hold all the trump cards to boot.

Now there may have been many reasons for disclosure not to happen, such as hordeing technology or secrets, or "black government" agencies thinking they are above everyone else. Perhaps some misguided leaders somewhere along the line felt the world just wasn't ready for it, but based on no negative implications like the above.

But what if (somewhat plausibly, I might add) groups do know something, but then also just enough to be shaking in their boots about it? What do you think telling the above scenario to the public would do? What would it do to world commerce for people to be told they were living under the watch of a technologically superior race that may well be using them for their own secret ends, and no one could do anything about it? I don't know about you, but I think John Q. Public would be terrified at that prospect. Leaders don't tend to like to introduce problems when they don't have a solution in mind per their agenda. Who wants to tell the world that we have a supremely dangerous threat over our heads we have no power to resist? That they can offer no solution for?

Please don't take this as an apologist essay, but I am suggesting that disclosure may not have a lasting postitive impact, even if it is the full truth. Imagine all the nonsense that happened in the name of "fighting terrorism". If you create such a powerful existential threat as the above, governments could basically write themselves a blank check, and justify literally anything they want under the guise of "necessary sacrafices to overcome the others".

What are your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter. People would still refuse to believe it. Deny it. Call out disinformation, distraction, false flag.

There are still people unwilling to believe we went to the moon! They can't wrap their minds around it so they simply deny it.

It is in my mind, already disclosed. By huge names like Edgar Mitchell, Knapp, Pope. People just refuse to believe it. It doesn't fit into their perceived reality. That is where I think we are at.

CdT

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

It wouldn't matter. People would still refuse to believe it. Deny it. Call out disinformation, distraction, false flag.

I fully expect that would be the case in most situations too. But the premise I am going with is sort of a suspension of disbelief, all things being equal sort of setup. So assume there is incontrevertible evidence here, and rejecting the official story was not logical.

Assuming we knew the Russians to be truthful on the matter, and they had some impressive footage, recovered toys, and other artifacts to support their story, what would happen?

It is my expectation that at least temporary pandemonium would ensue.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The only logical reason for a superior alien race, that already have been here for quite some time, without the slightest concern about any possible situation, our species can create, is that they will not suddenly turn against us.
One reason for them to be hear, could be resources. If they planned to claim our resources, we would have noticed already.

With the governments clueless about the alien motives, and powerless to act against them.
That will also prevent the in statement of a new enemy. After the Commies and terrorists, who could be shot and killed. When you are powerless against an enemy, it's not wise to publicly declare war towards them.

However... People have done dumber things before. haha

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The only logical reason for a superior alien race, that already have been here for quite some time, without the slightest concern about any possible situation, our species can create, is that they will not suddenly turn against us.

The most plausible reason I can think of that they have lived here a long time and are not about to turn hostile any time soon is that we are their pet science project. Maybe they seeded the earth with the first bacteria. Or maybe they got here somewhat late, and thought... "What cool science things can we do with these apes or Cro Magnon?"

The thought that we are not here by random evolution, but rather that we owe our existence to alien engineers might be pretty scary to some people. Not the least because it implies... what happens when they are through with the experiment?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think there would be a lot of law suits. Suits from people whose lives were destroyed and lied to. People that were committed and given electric shock treatments, etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth

Can you blame us? Every single thing they say is a lie. Why would disclosure be any different?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

NthOther
Can you blame us? Every single thing they say is a lie. Why would disclosure be any different?

Agreed.
If the disclosure was an "announcement" with no actual evidence to back it up, then its just a story being told by a human.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by joeraynor

I once saw an episode of Star Trek. In it I saw the Enterprise attempt to study an alien biosphere without being detected - Prime Directive 'n all.

So they created 80 bases, serviced by hundreds of shuttles every day, in the attempt to remain hidden. Well, when I say hidden, I mean that of the 196 sovereign nations on that planet, one nation had to divert it's navy to avoid contact with them. All other navy's, transport vessels, cruise liners and fishing fleets were let into the 'secret'. As were all aircraft and satellites... But the secret was kept!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

No, not at all.

People are free to believe what they will. Well, as it stands right now anyways.

I like the post above yours. It points out an important aspect to how people are treated who experience and tell of their paranormal experiences.

Were it to be public ally acknowledged - psychology would have a lot to answer for. Hell, several posters all over forum boards would need to explain their behavior towards experiencers. Ah, who are we kidding. A bully is a bully and feels justified in their behavior - right or wrong.

So we are where we are at - a stalemate.

I think disclosure already has occurred and now we are where we are - arguing over what that means. The busier we are arguing with one another, pointing the fingers at each other - well then were not pointing the fingers at the government and asking them to find it - where ever it's hidden in the private sectors and corporations.

CdT

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Disclosure is happening as we speak! Disclosure isn't just 1 event that takes place in one day. Disclosure spreads every single day and only get's more interesting each and every day! Astronauts opening up about their experiences, military officials speaking out on their experiences, etc... are all examples of disclosure happening at this very second.

There might not be the appropriate evidence to be supporting their claims, but their statements are what we have, and quite a few of them seem to be telling the truth, just by noticing their body language, the way they present their speeches, and by looking into their eyes.

I have had 2 experiences of my own, but no evidence to support my claims so I just keep it to myself to bask in it's glory that I have gotten to witness some extraordinary things.

Keep your eyes in the sky, and continue to support the Freedom of Information Act, and one day we will achieve full-on disclosure (hopefully).

God Bless

~Stevie

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i,m not so sure anyone really cares,we,ve been fed stuff about mars,jupiter moons,finding other planets and its maybe a news story for two days then everyone forgets about it,i know finding life maybe a bit bigger than them but human nature is that the next story is always more interesting.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
There are still people unwilling to believe we went to the moon! They can't wrap their minds around it so they simply deny it.
CdT

I think thats a little unfair. In the past it never occurred to me that it may have been fake, so I BELIEVED!
But then I saw some of whats been offered as evidence of fakery and now I have doubts. Its got nothing to do with not being able to get my head around it. I could say that people cant get their head around the idea that they've been lied too!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

But we did't land on the moon...
If you're going by that very first video of them touching down and walking, planting the flag, then

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It was simply an example, Void hawk - of how people will believe what they want to believe. Period. It isn't directed toward anyone specifically.

If it doesn't apply to you, then why take exception to it?

I enjoy everyone's opinion. Whether they agree with my opinion or not. Well, except for bullies. I could do without the haters. It simply was a good illustration on how some people react to things. The moon deniers are an example of what would happen, even if ET showed themselves enmasse to the world. You'd still have people refusing to believe it and shout out hologram or Hollywood actors.

Peace,
CdT

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth

People are free to believe what they will. Well, as it stands right now anyways.

CdT

No they're not - What is true, IS true.

Screw belief. Do you believe that gravity is only true if you believe in it? Of course not. IT JUST IS.

So why compromise you're other beliefs?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There is some valid information presented in the OP to make for an argument for non disclosure. Question is how long has this been going on in reference to has disclosure been made before and then what if part of the process requires certain time periods before revealing.
Following the OP premise they would see periods of time when technology exist that can detect them (under land and sea) and when there is no tech available that can for some reason during some periods. With this advancement in technology detected by them it may require them to respond in avoidance ways (if terrestrial as well to EA*RTH) like leave due to pollution/wars or something unknown that they know of??? or apprehension modes considering the nefarious potential if any related to control of techs or fails of these techs, which may cause further harm to other CREATOR Creations present here... and so they have to readjust settings globally to sustain Planetary balance...

OT perhaps they hypothetically speaking on different groups terrestrial and non terrestrial make contact/disclose in forms not understood fully yet.

what would some humans do if say fire ants began setting actual fires globally they would respond to the habitat being overstressed from their kind...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Loose the hate. Just enjoy friends being friends.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsIsRed

I don't know how to respond to that. But I'll give it a go.

My beliefs change. They are fluid and mutable, changable as I learn and grow.

I don't know how to lock myself into a set belief that I hold tenaciously - as though it's a life line. I was raised that way. To understand and realize that my preconceived perceptions could very well be false.

I am aware I could be wrong and I'm comfortable with that. So when people disagree with me - have different beliefs than me - that's okay. At least in dialogue with them, I'll learn and grow. I change. It's life and part of our experience.

Oh, yeah, and gravity's a witch isn't it. Sometimes I wish I was Supergirl too.

CdT
edit on 18-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarify

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If there was full disclosure tomorrow the net would go into meltdown and this place would be swamped and probably one of the first to go down. it would and no-one probably know for how long, probably bring the net most people use to a grinding halt. Once some normality had returned then it would so much fun on here.

I'll lay you good odds that, some of the most vociferous proponents of general conspiracy theories that currently "believe" in an alien presence here on Earth would be immediately saying "It's a fake". There'd be a whole rump of the sceptics on here who suddenly take the stance of. "Well I really did always think it was true only I hated the silly pseudo science spouted by so many of the proponents before disclosure" and there'd be a goodly few having a right good chortle about their volte face.

David Icke and the likes of Greer might have to find a proper job though in the aftermath of disclosure, as they'd be robbed of much of their raison d'etre .

The religious balmcakes would be either hiding under their beds with their guns filly loaded and the generators running on full power or desperate to try and see if they could convert our erstwhile visitors. The established religions would be flailing around desperately trying to find some canonical justification for being able to say.."Well it's all here in black and white, this changes nothing on a fundamental sic level.

I suspect most people, after the initial rush of adrenalin it would bring would be mostly a bit "meh" about it all within a month and more interested in putting their normal lives back on track and feeding themselves and finding fuel for their vehicles.

The History and Discovery channels would have to find several hundred hours of new programming cos all those "UFO" documentaries would look a tad daft now.

Me? Well, I'd probably find James Randi's mobile number out, ring him up and just say.... Ha freaking ha
edit on 18-9-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join