It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the people of Israel be charged with genocide?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Some background on Palestine since the mid 1800's.

Much of the land was being bought.

very long wiki

Jewish land purchase in Palestine refers to the acquisition of land in Palestine by Jews from the 1840s until the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.

The Talmud mentions the religious duty of colonising the Land of Israel.[2] So significant in Judaism is the act of purchasing land in Palestine, the Talmud allows for the lifting of certain religious restrictions of Sabbath observance to further its acquisition and settlement.[3]

Towards the end of the 19th-century, the creation of the Zionist movement resulted in many European Jews emigrating to Palestine. Most land purchases between the late 1880s and the 1930s were located in the coastal plain area, including "Acre to the North and Rehovoth to the South, the Esdraelon (Jezreel) and Jordan Valleys and to the lesser extent in Galilee".[4] The migration affected Palestine in many ways, including economically, socially, and politically.

Jewish land purchase in Palestine

WW1 resulted in the defeat of the Ottoman Empire that ruled the area for centuries.

The Ottoman Empire was at war with the British Empire.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Xuenchen is right. After the fall of the Ottoman Empire, everything went south in the M.E.

When the West showed up in WWI, the M.E. was basically stagnated, and ready for "colonization". The oppressive Ottoman Empire pretty much kept most of the M.E. in what we would today consider the "Middle Ages".

After the multiple crusades that sent Europe packing, Europe had the Renaissance, the age of Exploration, and the Industrial Revolution. Meanwhile, the Islamic countries rested on their laurels. Those living in the Ottoman/Islamic region were no match for the Western gunboats of the late 1800's/early 1900's that showed up.

Many people in the M.E. still feel resentment because of this. These people know that during the Crusades, Islamic peoples were superior in terms of science, medicine, mathematics, astronomy and philosophy.

*The More You Know*

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
All I have to say is, The Horns of Jericho.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sure, why not. Then we can start with the U.S. (slaughtered, literally the indigenous peoples), I mean, why not right? There is no statute of limitations on murder right!. So, how do we punish Israel, and then the U.S.?

I recommend thermonuclear weapons. Very big ones. Want to make sure we "kill" all the bad people (US and Israeli populations - entirely) there, that should work!

I'm feeling better already! How about you? The world can even have a raffle to see which perfect people get to push the buttons, you know, so it has some meaning to the common non-Israeli or US citizen!

Since I'm a US citizen, I couldn't be in the lottery to push the button, but I bet it would be fun. Maybe you'd like to push the button yourself? I'm sure it would put a HUGE smile on your face!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

CarbonBase
Sure, why not. Then we can start with the U.S. (slaughtered, literally the indigenous peoples), I mean, why not right? There is no statute of limitations on murder right!. So, how do we punish Israel, and then the U.S.?

I recommend thermonuclear weapons. Very big ones. Want to make sure we "kill" all the bad people (US and Israeli populations - entirely) there, that should work!

I'm feeling better already! How about you? The world can even have a raffle to see which perfect people get to push the buttons, you know, so it has some meaning to the common non-Israeli or US citizen!

Since I'm a US citizen, I couldn't be in the lottery to push the button, but I bet it would be fun. Maybe you'd like to push the button yourself? I'm sure it would put a HUGE smile on your face!

Dude that was AWESOME!!!!!

The way you twisted that to make it seem like I was attacking America, quite frankly Ive never seen better shilling, applause to you my good man

So how about instead of posting the above which basically amounts to typed diarrhea you take a stab at my implied question.

If the world should recognize Israel based on what was written down 2000+ years ago in what is blatantly a biased 1 sided account of events why should they not also be punished based on it?

"But no one alive had anything to do with those massacres" I hear you say. True, but that also means none of them were displaced

"Yes but all that was in the past" I hear you say, Well so was the Holocaust.
When does History become irrelevant? in 1000 years should the world get together and boot all the Israelis out of Israel because a long time ago the Palestinians lived there?

Seriously how can you justify giving anyone anything based on a 2000+ year old book?

P.s Im Aussie and what we did to our indigenous people was just as bad as what you guys did, the past is the past. Its funny but what your actually saying by supporting Israel is that America should be given back to the Native Americans, basically you think the people who have a historical link to the land are the rightful owners no matter how long ago it was, based on that the Native Americans And Aboriginals have much more claim to sovereignty than the Israelis. They were displaced 200-300 years ago, Israelis 2000+ years ago.
Your attempt to get the majority of this audience, ie Americans, on your side is a massive fail!!!!
Try again

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
In my view the Israeli's ought to be thankful to Hitler because if it was not for him their racist state would not exist.

Hitler was the one who sent ship loads of Jews to Palestine and thus began the process. He also worked closely with Zionist and Jewish Groups of the time to organise the repatriation of Jews to Palestine which subsequently was renamed Israel after the war.

Hitlers Germany went to great lengths to enable German Jews to leave Germany and receive compensation for their property left behind.

If you want to find out how much work was done on this project have a read at this The Transfer Agreement

Note also from the document that it wasn't just Germany who were fed up with Jews at the time, Poland and Russia had the same outlook regarding them, and in many ways treated Jews worse.

Also note that the number of Jews worldwide listed at the time was 6 million ....... strange that seeing as 6 million supposed to have been killed off by Hitler. That would mean there would be none left.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

The people? No. However, monument after monument should be erected throughout Israel, so each and every Israeli citizen can feel the shame of the Palestinian genocide on a daily basis. They should also be taught in school, from a young age, the atrocities Israel has committed against the Palestinian people, and how evil their government and leaders were.

They should also build several museums dedicated to the slain Palestinians, countries world wide should have this too. And anyone who speaks out in disagreement with the Palestinian genocide should face imprisonment.

I mean, Germany has all of this. There's tons of Holocaust museums world wide. People DO face jail time for questioning the Holocaust, so why shouldn't the Palestinian Holocaust be remembered in the same way?

(I'm exaggerating of course, I just wanted to point out the idiocy that one people get this treatment while the same people do the same to another people.)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
One word.... YES

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yes absolutely!!

In answer to the ops question. The culture of Israel celebrates genocide. That's what the stories behind Hanukkah and Passover are all about- genocide and mass killing.

It's being done slowly to the Palestinians and that doesn't make it any less genocide.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join