It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the people of Israel be charged with genocide?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

"Should the people of Israel be charged with genocide?"

No. The whole of a people shouldn't be considered responsible for the deeds or sins of a few.

I agree,

So should the Jews have been given back Israel based on the actions/orders of 1 psychopath? ie Hitler
Seems kinda unfair that the Palestinians had to be displaced because of something that had absolutely nothing to do with them in any way shape or form. Not in a current or even historical context were they responsible for Hitlers actions that lead to Israel being born

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Beavers

greavsie1971
Oh, you are on about ancient Israel, I take it back

The irony being, the same God that gave them the land of Israel, also took it away from them and chose to punish them and kick them out...

Ancient philistines, modern Palestinians, cananites, syrians and an obsession with gold. 2000 years and nothing has been learned

The same could be said for any race. We are still fighting stupid wars. We still have stupid greedy leaders. Should we all be to blame for our ancestors when we are still doing the same thing today. Countries come and countries go. Some come back again....its the way of humanity. Not just Israel.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

suz62

Shouldn't the Muslims be charged with genocide? After all, they're the religion of death.

When they commit Genocide yes the perpetrators should be punished,
But more importantly their descendants shouldnt be rewarded for it

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

swanne

"Should the people of Israel be charged with genocide?"

No. The whole of a people shouldn't be considered responsible for the deeds or sins of a few.

I agree,

So should the Jews have been given back Israel based on the actions/orders of 1 psychopath? ie Hitler
Seems kinda unfair that the Palestinians had to be displaced because of something that had absolutely nothing to do with them in any way shape or form. Not in a current or even historical context were they responsible for Hitlers actions that lead to Israel being born

Like you said though, it could not have happened without the British. Most Jews had no part in it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

buster2010
genocide : the deliberate killing of people who belong to a particular racial, political, or cultural group

So you are talking about the arab terrorists surrounding Israel who are constantly attacking Israel, simply because they are Jews...., that genocide!

This thread is just another 'I hate the Jews" thread.
edit on 18-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
they're dead! The people from 2000 years ago are dead!

If you go by that account every european in North America owes the Native people big. They owe India, Australia, south africans and on and on.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

hellobruce

buster2010
genocide : the deliberate killing of people who belong to a particular racial, political, or cultural group

So you are talking about the arab terrorists surrounding Israel who are constantly attacking Israel, simply because they are Jews...., that genocide!

This thread is just another 'I hate the Jews" thread.
edit on 18-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

LMAO

surprised it took you guys this long to chime in

I dont hate anyone let alone an entire people,

But yes I dont like guns so Im anti American, Im pro choice so Im anti life, I question the validity of the state of Israel so Im an anti semite.

Wake up

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Would you question the validity of the USA, New Zealand, Australia...etc?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

greavsie1971

buster2010

greavsie1971
Just to make the OP a little clearer could you elaborate on the particular genocide you are speaking of?

The Palestinian people kind of hard not to see it.

I took it he was talking about genocide that happened in the formation of ancient Israel, not modern israel....my bad. Sorry.

There is no such thing as an ancient Israel. Israel didn't exist until 1947.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

As you say, the state of Israel was arbitrarily brought into being by the British without any consultation with the Palestinian people, so if Israel were to be brought to account for acts of genocide or war crimes(post 1947 anyway),the British government ought to be brought to book with them.
Just one of the many despicable acts that make me ashamed of my country.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

spartacus699
they're dead! The people from 2000 years ago are dead!

If you go by that account every european in North America owes the Native people big. They owe India, Australia, south africans and on and on.

Were making the exact same point, what happened 2000 years ago is long past, time to move on.

What Im driving at is if we have a 2000+ year old book that is so accurate we can displace a people because of it should we not by the same token hold them responsible for what happened.

In my mind the answer is No we shouldnt but at the same time why should we use it as a justification for giving them something that had been "out of the family" so to speak for nearly 2000 years.

Using Israel as a model yes, us Aussies, Americans, Canadians, Kiwis etc should be displaced and it given back to the natives. Hell, it was even in recent, easily verifiable history that this happened. I know I wouldnt be happy to all of a sudden I found out the Americans or Chinese decided Aboriginals owned Australia

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Here's my analogy of Israel:

Lets say you were born and grew up in a modest house in the suburbs. You had a back yard and a little shed for tools ect, ect.

After reaching 18 you move out of that house, across the country to a new city. You live in that city for many years. 20 or 30 years pass and you decide to go back to your old house. Now, your old house has people already living in it. To hell with them!

So, you kick out the people living in the house because you think that you have some right to it because you were "raised" there. You force these people to live in your fenced in back yard, in the shed. Well, the shed isn't very nice and the people you kicked out aren't to happy.

These people are pretty poor (and now living in your shed). They start throwing rocks at the house you are living in, irritating you and eventually breaking a window. You've had enough. You don't need to resort to rocks, because the Police will come if you ask them to.

So the police come, shoot up the shed killing 1-2 people. The people left alive try and rebuild, and eventually resort to throwing rocks again.

The cycle continues over, and over and over again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Jews that moved to Israel have more in common with Polish, German, and Eastern Europeans than the indigenous people that were already living in what is now Israel. Those indigenous people were there when Jews migrated into Europe anyway.

I almost feel that the creation of Israel went like this: "Oh, yeah about the Hollocaust...sorry we didn't get on Hitler about that sooner. We feel simply awful. We realize you guys run all the banks, and loan us money. Here, as a 'were sorry don't stop lending us money' consolation prize, have a country! We'll even protect you guys and give you all the weapons you need!"

Or something like that.
edit on 18-9-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

greavsie1971

No I dont, but I would question any decision that outright gave the Aboriginals, Maoris or Native Americans back the land and all administration rights to it,
These places were stolen from them as recently as 200 years ago so why shouldnt it be returned to them by the UN if they will do it for a people displaced 2000 years ago???

P.s I know you dont agree with me but Im starring your posts as you are engaging in a rational discussion with me, It is much appreciated

edit on 18/9/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just something I also think about:

Why in the hell would anyone WANT to live in the holy land? Have you seen it?! It's ugly as hell!

Dry, brown, hot and ugly .... when I think "land of milk and honey" - Jerusalem is certainly not on my short list.

2000 years and people are still fighting over a stupid ugly scrap of land. All because people want to believe that their magical book is better than the next guy's. SMH.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

greavsie1971

No I dont, but I would question any decision that outright gave the Aboriginals, Maoris or Native Americans back the land and all administration rights to it,
These places were stolen from them as recently as 200 years ago so why shouldnt it be returned to them by the UN if they will do it for a people displaced 2000 years ago???

P.s I know you dont agree with me but Im starring your posts as you are engaging in a rational discussion with me, It is much appreciated

edit on 18/9/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Not at all, I think you make some valid points.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

buster2010

greavsie1971

buster2010

greavsie1971
Just to make the OP a little clearer could you elaborate on the particular genocide you are speaking of?

The Palestinian people kind of hard not to see it.

I took it he was talking about genocide that happened in the formation of ancient Israel, not modern israel....my bad. Sorry.

There is no such thing as an ancient Israel. Israel didn't exist until 1947.

I take it you disagree with the OP then if you say it didnt exist anyway.?

Im not sure I understand. It wasnt established in 1947 just because of the Old testament. Im sure it did exist. Can you explain?

edit on 18-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers
mad up

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Beavers

I must add tho, it's not the people doing it, it's the government.

If *only* the people had any kind of say over the government, I doubt it would be happening at all!

I would have to agree. I'm sure some the circumstances surrounding state-sponsored violence in Israel are similar to those in many other nations--people go along with it because they've been fed propaganda that results in fear of the government's opposition.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

What always gets me on this type of ponderance is that the 3 major ®eligions are ALL fighting for the same spot. Where are these folks "Faith" ? They also think that they need that spot to make it Heaven, yet ALL 3 ®eligions have had some 'Prophet, Saint, die and then the descendant gets buried out by the airport!

| think if One looks deep enough they could find that "Moishe" (Moses) turned in 2 stone tablets when he came down off the rock. He was given 3 stone tablets and a written scroll, yet turns in 2 and "keeps the secret"... Probably by the same quorum that wrote a popular "Rule Book" yet failed to mention Adam(u)'s first wife "Lilith" 'made from the same dirt... (read EQUAL) when Lilith wouldn't kiss Adam(u)'s ass and bear His children Lilith left. (She ended up as Samael's wife) So, knowing that masturbation would end all, the "quorum" invent 'Eve' made from Adam's rib...'

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Sure, right after we do the same to the US, Canada, Britain and every other country that's colonized another person's backyard and killed them for it over the years.

The Native American genocide has killed far more people than the Israeli/Palestinian issue. Britain killed hundreds of thousands in African and Asia during their conquests.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join