It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Caught Disney Juniors Teaching Kids To Swear?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

relax and don't make a big deal out of it, just tell him you won't accept him saying those words.

If a human had said it in a moment of madness I wouldn't worry about it, I would do as you said but this is a pre-recorded animated TV show designed to teach and entertain babies, not kids, babies. If there slipping in swear words every now and then, then what else are they showing them?

ALS

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

ALOSTSOUL
Ok so my 19 month old daughter is sitting watch Disney Juniors (for those that don't know its a TV channel), I'm just milling about when I could have sworn (no pun intended) I hear one of the characters swear/curse. I rewound and listened again! and again! and again!

I I'm pretty sure the character says the word "#ty" (slang for something being pooey). The thing is he quickly corrects himself saying "oh no, I mean bad really bad!".

I took a video, you can hear the pharse at about 9 seconds.

Let me know what you think.

ALS
edit on 18-9-2013 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Wow! That was definitely the S word... No other word makes sense in that context. WTF Disney!

I personally don't believe in what people call 'curse words'... I think the only bad words are the ones spoken to someone out of hate. Anything can be a curse word. "You are a piece of trash" is far more of a cuss to me than, "it smells like # in here". It is the intention of the word that creates the profane nature.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Euphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

AlliumIslelily
I really don't think he said what everyone thinks. It sounds like he was going to say "Hopeless, horrible, hideous!" But he cut him self off so it was just "Hopeless, horrible, hide- ohh"

I don't think he stopped because he realized he "said a bad word". He stopped because he realized he was being overly dramatic and blowing the situation out of proportion.

And everyone who says they used "studio headphones" or "high-end" head phones....It's a YouTube video with a maximum quality of 360p. Better headphones don't make a difference if the base quality of the file is low.

I completely but respectfully disagree.

For starters the phrase sounds nothing like hideous, even if he was to stop half way through. Also I heard the show from straight from my TV and I hear what everyone else can hear.

ALS

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Big deal...spongebob says tartar sauce all the time but kids know what he really means....you have become your parents...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

imd12c4funn
The character sneezes.
That is all it is.
With a little coaching, some can be persuaded to hear certain words
Audio Pareidolia at work.

The context of the show was that the Dinosaur had bad breath so I would say a sneeze was actually out of context.

ALS

Just posted the video on my Facebook. I never mentioned the S word, yet the first 4 commented saying (along the lines of) "did he just say what I think he said?"

edit on 19-9-2013 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I used to love that film, now I know why!

ALS

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by StealthyKat

I used to love that film, now I know why!

ALS

LOL.....I didn't believe it was true, but I checked it out and it's real! Some animator put it in there as a joke, and it's really quick, so for years no one noticed it....tsk tsk

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I will never understand why people get so bent out of shape about swear words. The content of these shows kids are watching are so much worse for them than a curse word.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join