It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Caught Disney Juniors Teaching Kids To Swear?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
oops!
edit on 18-9-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I really don't think he said what everyone thinks. It sounds like he was going to say "Hopeless, horrible, hideous!" But he cut him self off so it was just "Hopeless, horrible, hide- ohh"

I don't think he stopped because he realized he "said a bad word". He stopped because he realized he was being overly dramatic and blowing the situation out of proportion.

And everyone who says they used "studio headphones" or "high-end" head phones....It's a YouTube video with a maximum quality of 360p. Better headphones don't make a difference if the base quality of the file is low.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AlliumIslelily

Really?! Thanks for your Professional Technical Audio Expertise.

I was getting ready to upgrade to a better set of Grado headphones, in particular, the PS1000. You saved me over a grand, so thanks.

I though I heard the dinosaur say SH*ty while yellow plumes came out of his snout and mouth!? I must be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

PRS395

Really?! Thanks for your Professional Technical Audio Expertise.

I was getting ready to upgrade to a better set of Grado headphones, in particular, the PS1000. You saved me over a grand, so thanks.

I though I heard the dinosaur say SH*ty while yellow plumes came out of his snout and mouth!? I must be mistaken.

I'm certainly no audio expert. Did I say something that wasn't true? I'm not asking this in a confrontational way; I genuinely want to be corrected if I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yup, heard it too....not good Disney!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hmmm.... I listened to it at least 20 times trying my best to think of any other word it could be....but to me, it's as clear as can be! He said **itty! You should go to youtube and check out some of the things people have caught in children's programming. ...as an example, here's a clip from an old Disney movie "The Rescuers".....when slowed down, you can clearly see a nude woman in a window. Not only that. but some say it looks like bondage.

turn down the volume to avoid beavis and butthead commentary LOL, but it was the clearest video I could find

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

As an avid watcher of children's shows
I'm going to agree with you in that the word he cut himself off from saying was in fact 'hideous', actually it was what I thought I heard at first. I'm glad I'm not the only one that heard it.
edit on 19-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The character sneezes.
That is all it is.
With a little coaching, some can be persuaded to hear certain words
Audio Pareidolia at work.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

PRS395
reply to post by 1104light

Live Broadcast? This is animation. Not real people and a microphone.

Guess you have no idea what tv has come to. They have live broadcast CG shows but that is not my point.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There are little children watching these shows! The S-Word is completely uncalled for. C'mon , where's your standards people!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Haha now that's pretty funny. Bad, but funny. I loved The Rescuers as a kid. This makes me wonder if watching this, even without noticing, affected my development in any way? There has to have been some subliminal effect.

I still don't think the dinosaur said ***tty though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

imd12c4funn
The character sneezes.
That is all it is.

Audio pareidolia my rear end. That word was loud and clear.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I think you may be correct, but it did sound like he said #ty to me. Your explanation does makes sense(all three do start with an H, I forget what that is called in literature).
edit on Thu, 19 Sep 2013 07:14:01 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's called alliteration, which is used a lot for children's shows. I could be wrong though. Without the actual script in hand, we're all basically going to hear what we want to or think we should.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

imd12c4funn
The character sneezes.
That is all it is.

At first this was my (secondary) thought as well. However, I clearly hear a "tty" at the end of this word. And even if it is to be interpreted as a sneeze, that does not necessarily mean that some "smart aleck" writer or voice actor didn't slip something in... make the sneeze a little.... risque....

And sure, maybe it could be interpreted such that his "Oops... I mean..." is because he suddenly realized he was being overly dramatic. But "coincidentally," such a response also fits in perfectly with the verbal patters of one who realizes they just said a taboo word in mixed company.

I think the jury's still out on this one. But I think the fact that so many of us, so clearly hear this is telling. I played this for my GF without telling her what it was -- no prompting -- and she heard it as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

AlliumIslelily
reply to post by StealthyKat

Haha now that's pretty funny. Bad, but funny. I loved The Rescuers as a kid. This makes me wonder if watching this, even without noticing, affected my development in any way? There has to have been some subliminal effect.

I still don't think the dinosaur said ***tty though.

Yeah...there are all kinds of things like that if you look it up...many of them I think are people looking to hard and seeing what they want to see, but here is a link with a few questionable images. Most are rubbish, but the little mermaid phallic castle sure looks intentional LOL!

storify.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Walt Disney was a closet pedophile and used his movies and attractions to push sexually driven content and often homosexuality to children. This has been going on for decades long before and after the death of Walt.

edit on 19-9-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The problem is that I read what you suggested he was saying before I played the video so now I'm tainted with hearing what you said I would hear..

Oh Doctor McStuffins what have you done

edit on 19/9/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I remember my son when he was 5 years old asking me what grandpa meant when he said the word s**t.....when I told him, he hid his giggle in his hands....poopy and peepee and other related words were funny in their minds back then, it didn't scar or harm him, and he has been successfully employed now after graduating from college 2 years ago, and even appears to be as little more conservative than I am. relax and don't make a big deal out of it, just tell him you won't accept him saying those words.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Its crazy isn't it, this is a channel that is dedicated to teaching and entertaining babies. Its very sinister.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join