It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetes and SHTF, Currency in Post Collapse, How to Pack a BOB, Survival Q&A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Youtube's first and only? Survival Q&A show...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

Can't be the only one or even the first.

Wouldn't it be better to get a book?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The answer should be simple: eat no carbs. Without carbs, there is limited insulin response.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

The answer should be simple: eat no carbs. Without carbs, there is limited insulin response.

This right here! Diabetes can in fact be reversed and controlled with diet. Use a ketone meter, get your ketones between .5 -3.0 and you're body will be burning fat and not carbs, insulin response won't be a problem.

This is tough for some preppers as they relay heavily on storing carbs as a food reserve. I've even seen people suggesting you store candy. (Stupidest advice ever)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaTango

I fully agree with storing carbs. In some cases, breads may be a good call. Or a gravy.

But what I REALLY mean.....deer corn and other baits.

I am not a prepper. I am just not dumb. Take some seeds that will grow foods you can eat locally. Take plenty of hunting methodologies (traps, snares, bow/arrow, gun, fishing stuff, dart guns...). If nothing else, learning to shoot a dart gun or bow/arrow may help pass some time in a useful way.

But you should pack plenty of bait in whatever forms work in your area (deer corn is a good choice everywhere).

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Everybody talks about eating game in the battle of the bolge it took 29 days to eat everything in the forest, that encludes mice and rats. After the war the French had to repupulate the forest.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

lifeisgreat
Everybody talks about eating game in the battle of the bolge it took 29 days to eat everything in the forest, that encludes mice and rats. After the war the French had to repupulate the forest.

Well, what I am talking about it fishing/small gardening/hunting.

No, it isn't sustainable. Meat should be used as energy storage. You keep animals to survive the winters. Yes, a small herd may be needed to feed a family.

You ahve to figure, in TSHTF, some folks will die. You won't compete with 300mil Americans. You will only compete with folks smart enough to make it out of the city alive. And us folks already out here in the sticks.

new topics

top topics

join