It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to scientists, this is the most relaxing tune ever recorded

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Those scientists have obviously never listened to Carbon Based Lifeforms, the most enthralling and relaxing ambient music to date. Most of it is beat oriented, however their album Twetnythree is completely beatless and ethereal. I mentioned it in an earlier thread about meditation and how I listen to that specific album when meditating sometimes.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Nostrenominon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

stormdancer777
reply to post by rickymouse

It made my heart rate go up too and made me anxious.

Hey, maybe if I were to listen to that before going out and cutting firewood I could work faster. Although if it frustrates me, it isn't a good thing since my saw won't idle. I might get mad and kill the saw with the splitting maul.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I listened to Into the mystic a few times and did some yoga, to calm down.

I have a vast collection of music I have collected over the years, still trying to think of my favorite to post.

But in the meantime chop wood to this, lol

youtu.be...

But for me a beat is calming it has to have the heart beat of the great mother, the music on the original post had no heart

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
youtu.be...

The Oldest Written Melody in History c.1400 BC

The Hurrian Hymn (catalogued as Text H6) was discovered in Ugarit, Syria, in the early 1950s, and was preserved for 3400 years on a clay tablet, written in the Cuniform text of the ancient Hurrian language - except from a few earlier Sumarian fragmentary instructional musical texts from c.1950 BCE (Musical Instructions for Lipit-Ishtar, King of Justice) the Hurrian Hymn it is the oldest written song yet known, in History!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

They Only tested 40 women. No men, no kids, only women - and only 40. This study is majorly flawed if they are trying to push this as a real study with real results.

Oh look ma.. ATS has new icons - again. lets try em out.
bah.. no better than the last crappy icons.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I like this little

guy

but they still don't have any personality

ONLY women,? what the heck., well I did say the music posted in the OP had no heart,

LOL, I am a women.

don't yell
edit on 103030p://bThursday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

That music/chant makes me kind of move around a little in short rhythmic moves. It does kind of make me feel better by the end.

My daughter went to India to study Yoga four times and has some kind of degree that is recognized worldwide from a very good school. The school was about two and a half months each time I think. She also had to go work with someone each time who was practicing in the USA as an internship for about six weeks. She just spent two weeks in California in a class again. I have a very good source to tap to compare my studies with to figure out optional ways to repair the body. When she's home or calls, I am constantly comparing notes with her, she also studies the foods effect on the body. She was frustrated because the diet for health she knew worked was unacceptable to local people.

I am trying to modify the existing diet of people here just a little bit to make them think better and be healthy, there is no way that you can get people to change their diet that much. This means I have to study things extensively for all known properties, both good and bad. I am not satisfied with the misconceptions being spread around about what is healthy. Identifying companion foods and antidotes is not easy, and some food should be only eaten occasionally. The attractants added to food screws up our natural cravings which are needed to neutralize unwanted toxic effects of all foods. I talk to a lot of older people and pay attention to what my grandchildren grab after they eat. I analyze everyone's eating habits when I am out at a buffet. I analyze old recipes. Boy, has the Western Diet got messed up. Also, the elite are also getting poisoned, I was surprised to find that their diet is also compromised. Their rationality is compromised, they are susceptable to believing in things that aren't real. They can be more easily conned than they used to be. The people who they hired to manage their businesses may not be very honest. The ability to sense honesty is also compromised by certain chemistry.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
youtu.be...

lol

edit on 103030p://bThursday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I have another that makes you feel pretty good but I have to find the video,

Music is such a gift

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Worth a try.... We listen to 8 hour long Youtube videos of nature sounds to go to sleep, we really like them.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

I think that three thousand years ago people actually sort of sung when they talked. I listen to some of the old languages being spoke and they have sort of a rhythm to the way they sound. Peoples minds are wired like birds according to an article I read on science daily, so this may shed light on my hypothesis. So the composition of the brain is more like a pig brain, as long as it is wired like a bird than what we desire may be more birdlike. We dress in colors, why, monkeys are not attracted to colors that much. I think it is because of the birdlike wiring of the brain that we like music more than most animals. There is nothing prettier to me than the sound of birds singing in the woods. I must be a birdbrain

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

There is nothing prettier to me than the sound of birds singing in the woods. I must be a birdbrain

Me too.

Have to go to work, and that's another thing , once someone told me you can discern the beauty of ones soul by how many songs they have in their heart.

whistle while you work.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I personally found that the music that everybody put links to was as varied and as interesting as the human race itself.
I prefer longer tracks, 3 mins is too short for me.
Just incase anybody reading dosen't know, there are websites that you can paste youtube links into to just retreive the mp3 audio.... www.listentoyoutube.com...
There is another type of audio I find relaxing and it id called "ASMR" see en.wikipedia.org...
I particually like Heatherfeather's channel as her video's are around an hour.
I must emphasize that the effect is much better with headphones

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Breakbot, The Lazy Sunday Selecta.

Not original music but taking many old songs and mixing them into a chill out groove....For those who don't know him he is future of music. For those who are aware enjoy. He also has original songs that are very pop and funk which remind me of a young Michael Jackson. For the younger crowd you may have heard the new Bruno Mars song, Treasure....Bruno Mars stole that song from Breakbot.

Enjoy.......

edit on 19-9-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I put the Enigma and Enya vids from the first page on at the same time. Now that's relaxing. Or as boring as a few minutes of earplay ever discovered. As for the original music on this thread, too boring for words.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Well I hope you enjoy these YouTube videos..

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Annunak1

science ain't got doodoo on my native american playlist. if that's the best scienctists can come up with then they really are dumber then i thought

Ah, that sounds like the ticket, what are you listening to maybe I can try. My great grandmother was on the trail of tears. My grandmother was half and terribly abused by both sides so she took all the information about our heritage to her grave. It was really sad for me. In a really terrible twist the Cherokee nation won't help you at all. They act like you want something from them, to take their benefits or something. They were really rude about it.

Especially since all I wanted was to find out about heritage and maybe some distant relatives lol.

OK sorry don't know where that came from, guess been holding it in for long time, thanks for letting me unburden and again sorry.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'd like to be able to listen to this song for bed but I can't. There is just too much static. It's not overwhelming but I can't help but to focus on it. Anyone else?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I don't know about the music but the girl in the video slide on the youtube link you posted is having the opposite affect of the OP. She has my heart beating way faster and my blood pressure is rising!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Now that's relaxing, (where's the little fellow looking up gone,I miss him)...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join