It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

creationist says bill nye does not understand science?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Noinden

NoSoup4U
Forget about the religious argument for a moment.

There is no doubt that all animals have DNA. Think of DNA as the alphabet. DNA does not create new DNA no more than the the alphabet can create new letters. The DNA information is rearranged; not created. Information cannot create new information. It can only be rearranged. Therefore, evolution is just a theory and not fact.

Said rearrangement (which it's not it is transcription error which is more like a substitution) is the driving force of evolution. Further to talk to language (alphabets), you clearly know little of how a language evolves. Spellings change, look at old english, then middle english then modern, indeed look at American English vs Queens English.

Actually I know a lot about several languages. I know Hebrew, Greek, English and some Spanish. The changes in the different spellings of the same words concerning English still use the same Alphabet. No new letters have been created. Thank you for confirming what I stated earlier.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Mythos13
reply to post by blackthorne

Obviously Ken Ham doesn't know what he is talking about. He wouldn't be named Bill Nye the Science Guy if he didnt know anything about science.

I grew up watching the Science guy, he was much better than, i cant remember if it was Dr. Wizard, or Mr. Wizard.....
edit on 9/18/2013 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

MRWIZARD!!!!!

And I totally agree!

Mr Wizard doesn't take no crap!

Wizard > some guy :p

Good ol' constructive criticism.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

No new letters get created in evolution either, the same 4 letters get used in EVERY genome. Genes are words, and a slight change may create a new word, since we have to stick to that analogy for you.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join