It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to the UN Report Ghouta,Damascus CW Rocket Range (9km ) Short Range.Ghouta CW Reported on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
According to the UN Report Ghouta,Damascus CW Rocket Range (9km ) Very Short Range.
Ghouta CW reported on Aug 20 during the evening Hours

Further more these same Missile Rockets that have allegedly attacked East Ghouta,Damascus have not caused any major damage, but rather it missed quite a lot of its target.

Ironical enough Human Right Watch has released a map claiming to show the Missile Rockets it from the Syrian Army Arab military base in Damascus.

Regarding Human Right Watch map, I believe the 9km range for UNs 345 missile is a joke. But wouldn't be precision shooting? Aerodyn/Ballistics terrible,you would fill w/50l Sarin,shoot it 9 km acc to Hrw map, during the middle of night?

If the precision of the supposed alleged Missile Rockets didn't come with it, then perhaps the interventionists could explain and really think this rocket design can go 9 km? this is something that the Syrian Arab Army doesn't have.

The Desperate Washington Post Using the HRW Map.
Still doubt Assad’s forces were behind Syria’s chemical attack? Look at this map.

One of the most damning details from the United Nations investigation has to do with where the the sarin-filled artillery shells appear to have been fired from. They appeared to sail in from the northwest – from a part of Damascus that just happens to be tightly controlled by Syrian regime forces and to contain a large Republican Guard base. Human Rights Watch, which conducted its own investigation that concluded that the Assad regime was likely responsible, actually put together this map of the attacks based on the U.N. data. It seems to point pretty squarely to the Assad regime:

Note how they desperately defend the rebels as pure innocent.

"Viewed through a common-sense understanding of the limits and conditions of the battlefield, the rebels could not have done this," he writes. "Claims of rebel culpability are now specious; technically and tactically implausible, they are too outlandish for even a sci-fi script."

Right the FSA are too outlandish for even a sci-fi script. Lets ignore the FSA raids on SAA bases to.

As usual the Washington Post defending Obama, attacking Putin, Russia while ignoring an important p[art of the same they are citing from.

— that rebels launched sarin gas at Syrian civilians to provoke a Western response — look a lot harder to defend.

Page 22 Of The Same UN report

page 22: "As with other sites, the locations have been well travelled by other individuals prior to the arrival of the Mission...During the time spent at these locations, individuals arrived carrying other suspected munitions indicating that
"SUCH POTENTIAL EVIDENCE IS BEING MOVED AND POSSIBLY MANIPULATED".

You would think and assume the Syrian Arab Army had the time to move and Manipulate everything on that day so fast? only an idiot would believe that.

Interesting comment from a user at the Washington Post.

5.The US government claims to have slam-dunk evidence of where the missiles were fired from. The US government has never claimed any missile was fired from this military complex, or from anywhere near it.

What the user had commented is pretty much spot on. As you remember the state department had only released a four page documentation presentation of the alleged chemical attack, however even the four page documentation presentation which was released seemed rather childish, unprofessional.

Its pretty clear some in the Western Mainstream News Outlets are seeming to desperate to get what they want and that is another war which would based on Lies. As it was with Iraq. The short Washington Post article citing the Human Right Watch map is a great example of how desperate they are becoming.

Ghouta CW Reported on Aug 20 Pro Rebel Facebook Page

While the Majority of the News Media have proclaimed the Attack on Ghouta occurred on August 21 there is an interesting rebel facebook page suggesting otherwise a different date.

August 20. Look at the date, time.
SAMS (Syrian American Medical Society)
August 20 at 9:33pm

Confirmed chemical weapon attack in east Damascus Ghuta Many killed and many affected Confirmed from field hospitals doctors

I heard the UN investigators were in Syria...if that's true I hope they can find their way there...wishful thinking, I know.

What a strange of an coincidence wouldn't you agree? if the Syrian Arab Army were behind the alleged attack, why then has a rebel facebook page reported the chemical just a day before it supposedly occurred?

Seems to me we are being misled by our leaders yet again. They are trying to fool us into supporting a war based on lies and more lies. If the attack occurred on August 20 then its clear whom was behind it.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I wish I could understand what you were saying, added to the missing text in the pic posted, Im finding it hard to make sense of what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

OneManArmy

I wish I could understand what you were saying, added to the missing text in the pic posted, Im finding it hard to make sense of what you are saying.

Let me guess you support the rebels.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I've studied both reports. You're misrepresenting the facts as presented. Your conclusions and assertions are disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. Sorry, but this thread violates chapter and verse of 'Deny Ignorance'. Check your facts.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

jtma508

I've studied both reports. You're misrepresenting the facts as presented. Your conclusions and assertions are disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. Sorry, but this thread violates chapter and verse of 'Deny Ignorance'. Check your facts.

You're misrepresenting the facts as presented.

Seems you dont know how i work my threads sometimes thats not surprising.

orry, but this thread violates chapter and verse of 'Deny Ignorance'. Check your facts.

So 'Deny Ignorance'. Is that i should be supporting the rebels whom are supported by the Saudis? nice try.

I've studied both reports. You're misrepresenting the facts as presented.

I am quite sure you did. As for misrepresenting the facts and what are these facts again? did you even read the thread at all?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Check your facts.

You mean like the Facts from John Kerry and John McCain whom still haven't shown there evidence to the General Public now come on jtma508 dont be naive.

Your conclusions and assertions are disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. Sorry, but this thread violates chapter and verse of 'Deny Ignorance'.

Ok then explain why the missile has a range of 9mk as stated in the UN report then ?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Notice how no one cares to comment on your thread? It's because it is pointless. There were TWO known, photographed, and identified rockets used in the two attacks: 333mm Falaq-2 (of Iranian design) and Russian made 140mm rockets (M14). Both are KNOWN to be in the possession of the Syrian military. The former photographed on numerous occasions and the latter is a listed munition. Check any number of sources (I suggest Janes) and you'll find the Falaq-2 has a range up to 10.8km and the 140mm (BM-14) has a range of 9.8km.

Accuracy is a non-issue. Rockets are ballistic weapons. The calculations are straightforward. Determine range to target and set elevation accordingly (as with any artillery), adjust azimuth for wind-induced drift, and fire. They are as accurate as conventional artillery. How can you say they 'missed their targets' unless you KNOW what their targets are? It seems to me they were targeting areas of population congregations in those neighborhoods.

As for accusing me of supporting the 'rebels' or of being an 'interventionist' I suggest you offer an apology. Check my numerous posts on this topic and you'll see that --- as usual --- your accusations are spurious and unsubstantiated.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

jtma508

Notice how no one cares to comment on your thread? It's because it is pointless. There were TWO known, photographed, and identified rockets used in the two attacks: 333mm Falaq-2 (of Iranian design) and Russian made 140mm rockets (M14). Both are KNOWN to be in the possession of the Syrian military. The former photographed on numerous occasions and the latter is a listed munition. Check any number of sources (I suggest Janes) and you'll find the Falaq-2 has a range up to 10.8km and the 140mm (BM-14) has a range of 9.8km.

Accuracy is a non-issue. Rockets are ballistic weapons. The calculations are straightforward. Determine range to target and set elevation accordingly (as with any artillery), adjust azimuth for wind-induced drift, and fire. They are as accurate as conventional artillery. How can you say they 'missed their targets' unless you KNOW what their targets are? It seems to me they were targeting areas of population congregations in those neighborhoods.

As for accusing me of supporting the 'rebels' or of being an 'interventionist' I suggest you offer an apology. Check my numerous posts on this topic and you'll see that --- as usual --- your accusations are spurious and unsubstantiated.

Check my numerous posts on this topic and you'll see that --- as usual --- your accusations are spurious and unsubstantiated.

I will refer you to the other thread regarding that concern.
Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

Accuracy is a non-issue. Rockets are ballistic weapons

Accuracy is indeed an Issue as it sets the pretexts to find whom and where the missiles came from, i notice how quick your defending the Free Syrian Army but thats not surprising.

It seems to me they were targeting areas of population congregations in those neighborhoods.

Do you think the same the pro rebel, interventionists are thinking? the alleged attack occurred on the August of 20th during the evening as it was being reported by the SAMS on facebook at 9:35 PM Syrian time.

Another pointer you seem to be forgetting is why would the Syrian Arab Army be targeting an areas of population congregations in those neighborhoods when the UN chemical inspector team was in Damascus just few miles away from the alleged site?

There were TWO known, photographed, and identified rockets used in the two attacks: 333mm Falaq-2 (of Iranian design) and Russian made 140mm rockets (M14).

Ah yes now your citing brown moses. Thats rather Ironic but not surprising.

Notice how no one cares to comment on your thread? It's because it is pointless.

Give it a few days, weekend, people are working you know? whats next are your going to cite John Kerry's 13 youtube videos as Proof?

As for the debate on the Accuracy as none issue seen by you at least sorry to burst your bobbles but Accuracy is an issue and it is being debated, yeah i saw the blog post by brown moses the same brown moses whom is being cited by the Human Right Watch whom personally called for an military intervention.

How very Human rights of them.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join