It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wonder why I don't take things seriously.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I've been posting here for a little bit and lurking for a whole lot longer. I've created a few threads mostly dealing with dreams or the paranormal (both which facsinate me). More often than not I'll post a reply if I feel my insight or experience is helpfull otherwise I'll leave a lighthearted remark and leave it at that. This is by design not coincidence (and hopefully I don't come off as a blithering idiot).

Disclaimer: this is not a feel bad for Roma post.

Here's a little about me and some insight as to why I do this. It was eight years ago when I lost my younger sister and only sibling to breast cancer. She was remarkably brave and to this day I still call her my hero. I tell you this: there is almost nothing more than the loss of a loved one to remind you how precious and fragile life is. I said almost nothing...

Fast forward a year and I find myself in a doctor's office being diagnosed with bladder cancer. I had known something was wrong for a while and after a successful surgery the doctor put me at a better than 50% chance for a reocurrance due to the size and depth of the tumor.

Now, bladder cancer isn't horrible the first time around (as far as cancers go). Any reocurrance however can be deadly. This means I wake up every morning knowing I've got a better than 50% chance to have my life cut short by disease. Sucks, huh? No...not really and I'll tell you why. It forces you to see whats' really important: health, family and friends. These things are irreplacable. (I know someone out there is thinking Obamacare will fix this). It also forced me to make a choice. I can either sit there and worry about it or I can do my best to truly live what time I have left.

I am always reminded of the part in The Last Samurai where they talk about Bushido as to live life in every breath. While I haven't mastered it (yet) I feel that if I can bring a smile to someone's face or lighten someone's mood then I am doing some good here on this earth.

I don't know why I felt the need to post this but light and love to you all.

Roma Sempre

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It is more like not taking things personally, to let things bother you is counterproductive to having a good life. It may seem that you aren't taking things serious to others, but it is more like a protection mode to stem bouts of depression. Life is too short, you have to make lite of things sometime so you can go on enjoying life.

Does this fit the profile of how you feel? S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

Do you have good insurance? My dad had his bladder removed and they made him a new one out of a piece of his intestine. He was back to working and riding within a few months.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Its people like you that make the world go round, and give hope to others.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

That's why I'd never go see a dr. You go into the dr with a slight ache or pain at most, you check out of the dr's office with full blown stage 4 death cancer. It's A SCAM!!! Don't you ever go see a dr, no matter what! You'll go in healthy and come out with a deseace or 2.

new topics

top topics

join