It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Near Death Experiences to Consider - It's all about LOVE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
For those interested - A few near death experiences to consider from the Near Death Experience Archives . IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE.

Joan's experience on the other side -

I was enfolded in this Loving, and was part of it too. There was not one single part of me, or part of anything else, that was not love. Individuals did not exist in the same way as we do here. I was still me, but I was also part of The Loving.

I simply KNEW things without hearing a single spoken word. I WAS love. I KNEW religions had it wrong, all religions. There is no way rules and judgment could low from THIS. They made it all so complicated when really it was very easy. There IS only Love and we're all part of it. There is NO way we cannot be loved - no matter what. We ARE love.

It's all about LOVE. And a whole lot that goes on in organized religions isn't about LOVE. So if it's all about LOVE .. then what she says makes sense .. ALL organized religions got it wrong.

'THE' question asked of Merida

had I lived a life of love and giving?

The question wasn't ... did you observe fasting on Fridays during Lent?
The question wasn't ... did you pray five times a day towards Mecca?
The question wasn't ... did you break the Sabbath or eat shellfish?
The question wasn't ... did you have homosexual or premarital sex?
The question was ... did you live a life of LOVING and GIVING?

There are tons of Near Death Experiences at the website I gave. It's up to you if you wish to believe what they post. Some I believe. Others I think are not NDE's but instead are imagination or drug induced. But the thing that they have in common, if they be believable or not, is that the only thing that matters is LOVE. God is love. We become LOVE on the other side. We instantly know the 'secrets of the universe' on that side and the secret is LOVE.

Of course, not everyone 'makes it' to the place of LOVE. A lot of people get lost on the way. It takes LOVE to get there. Being attached to the worldly or mundane isn't love. Following the rules of your religion and feeling superior for it isn't LOVE. LOVE is LOVE.

I'm sure many people don't buy into NDE's. I find them very interesting.
So ... for those others who are interested ... It's all about LOVE.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My wife's NDE was amazing and taught me a lot about life that has changed my ways of thinking in dramatic ways. For which I am grateful to her.

And yes, it essentially came down to the same thing as the OP. Love.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I cn relate to this a lot as I had a NDE years back at 14yrs old. I explained it on a video and please see the link. Please feel free to comment!!! www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The Near Death Experiences seem to run counter to what a lot of the organized religions claim will be there, But they run in line with what Jesus Himself said ...

MARK 12:30 ... Jesus said .... Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

THAT is what He said needed to be done to go to Heaven.
It's not very complicated.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by northers

Hey, northers. I watched your vid (for other members, the NDE starts at about 5:19...the preceding is his medical history, also interesting)....

Thanks for posting it, very informative, fascinating, and WELCOME TO ATS!!

I did skip a bit between your infancy and your 14-yr old trauma. Were you raised in any particular religion?
Had you considered reincarnation before you died? At what point did you get the choice and then decide to come back, rather than stay, or go into another body?

~wildtimes

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh wow, I'm glad you linked this in another thread, or I'd have missed it!!
(I was in and out of hospitals every morning this week - including TODAY - no big huge deal, but Monday husband to ER, Tues to consultation, Yesterday under the knife, and today I had to go for a 'renewal for meds' visit...)

On our way to the Hospital for surgery yesterday, we passed by a fatality accident in First Responder mode. Scary.
It was 5:30 am...pitch black...probably 20 emergency vehicles...OBVIOUS crushed cars. I wondered what the victims had experienced.

It was only a mile or two from the hospital, I'm SURE that's where they must have taken the victims - to the same (nationally recognized Med Center - a teaching hospital, best in our state, one of the best in the country) ER we'd been in two mornings previous.

Life is SO SHORT, so UNPREDICTABLE. Thanks for another great thread, FF.

edit on 9/19/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

DOUBLE WOW: I just went back to see Joan's story in the OP: she was in for a tendon tightening in her ankle...a minor thing. My husband was in for a tendon repair to his finger - he'd severed the flexor tendon on his left pinkie...
in fact, the surgery was underway when you MADE THIS THREAD! Spooky.
edit on 9/19/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

wildtimes
she was in for a tendon tightening in her ankle...a minor thing. My husband was in for a tendon repair to his finger - he'd severed the flexor tendon on his left pinkie...

It's freaky when those things happen .. isn't it? Kinda gets your attention ....

Anyways ... according to the Near Death Experiences, it's all about LOVE.
So I'm looking at those who follow religions of our day and wondering .. where's the love?
Flying airplanes into buildings in the name of Allah. That's not LOVE.
Calling homosexuals 'sodomites' or other names. That's not LOVE.
Beating women in the name of God because you don't think they are good enough. That's not LOVE.
Slaughtering people because they don't worship God in the same way you do. That's not LOVE.
Engaging in criminal activities and then covering all in the name of religion. That's not LOVE.
Judging others as going to hell because they don't worship like you. That's not LOVE.

etc etc I'm not seeing a lot of love in many so-called 'godly people'.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hi Wildtimes, I did not think about reincarnation or anything for that matter for a while after my NDE. It was only after I saw a documentary of a man who had a NDE and thought, hey it happened to me too!!! I think that I had the feelings of reincarnation after I saw the tunnel, I have feelings that I went to the tunnel and had more lessons but as I said that point was more blurry. I felt that I had a choice to go back or told to go back as I had more to learn. I was brought up catholic although was losing my faith a while ago due to my disability and I had the question 'why me?' I was very grumpy being disabled, not fitting in with other children and bullied. I hope that helps a bit with my experiences.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Pre-Death Experience
Near-Death Experience
Post-Death Experience

All of it is an experience - whether it be love, hate, joy, sadness, rage, etc.

Many difference "experiences" to be had, including one of being close to death and seeing "Jesus", "Buddha", or any other spiritual being.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The question wasn't ... did you observe fasting on Fridays during Lent?
The question wasn't ... did you pray five times a day towards Mecca?
The question wasn't ... did you break the Sabbath or eat shellfish?
The question wasn't ... did you have homosexual or premarital sex?
The question was ... did you live a life of LOVING and GIVING?

This above is what my heart tells me ... I feel it to be true.

I wonder though... how much is enough to get to the place of Love?

edit on 16-10-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I was out walking the dog the other day and I spoke to my neighbor. He was just back from a month in the hospital where he 'died' a few times. He coded and had to be shocked back more than once. He remembered popping out of his body and watching the doctors more than once. He remembered the 'tunnel'. He remembered The Light at the end of the tunnel. Being dead was pleasant for him. And no one was standing 'on the other side' taking inventory as to what church he went to ...

top topics

join