It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Wildmanimal
ATS is training ground for the Rookies.

In the case of Iran and China ... I have no doubt about it.

There was an account here from Iran a while back. Every six weeks or so the person would disappear for a week and then come back. Different personalities each time but the same account. And it was always the person pushing the Iranian government propaganda mixed with lots of Islamic bunk about people going to hell if they didn't believe in what allah said. The last personality on that account couldn't control the religious rhetoric and got banned after threatening hellfire from Allah ... and I think I remember him doing it in farsi ... BANNED. I wonder if he got an 'F" grade from his gov't handlers and got sent out to the 'field' (Hezbollah) ..or if they just tossed his sorry butt into Iranian prison.

It was like a running account for training or something ....

(man, I have to get a life. I notice crap like this .... )

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Metallicus

Text You've probably run into them before -- those seemingly random antagonizers who always end up diverting the conversation in an online chat room or article comment section away from the issue at hand, and towards a much different agenda. Hot-button issues like illegal immigration, the two-party political system, the "war on terror" and even alternative medicine are among the most common targets of such attackers, known as internet "trolls" or "shills," who in many cases are nothing more than paid lackeys hired by the federal government and other international organizations to sway and ultimately control public opinion.

Source

Most of us here at ATS won't be surprised that paid Goverment shills target online forums and chat rooms. This article discusses how the Government, CIA, NSA and other assorted alphabet agencies actively recruit college students to disrupt and derail online discussion on conspiracy sites. I think we all have seen certain posters that consistently try to destroy open, intelligent debate on a variety of controversial topics. There are a few on ATS that I personally suspect of being on the Goverment payroll. Do you think that this is going on or are we just being paranoid?

Conspiracy websites are typically the most heavily targeted by government officials.

Hmmm.
no they dont! Do you have some issues regarding space travel? Typical ,keep your prejudices to yourself.

Only kidding, however someone on one of my threads turned my laptop webcam on and described me to MYSELF. SCARY

EDIT I ALSO LIKE CAPS
edit on 18-9-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion

edit on 18-9-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well Im for hire just sign me up im as mercenary as they come

USA
UK
Russia
China
North Korea
Iran
Syria

Anyone of you sign me up
edit on 18-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I remember the two 'training' accounts from China. (and at the time I kept thinking that was what they were). They kept repeating the Chinese Gov't mantra about Tibet and kept posting negative information straight from the Chinese Gov't. And when posters would post information pro-Tibet or Anti-Chinese, they couldn't link to it and they'd refuse to acknowledge the information that was posted for them to see. It was an endless stream of propaganda.

The certain one Iranian account that I"m thinking of that is still here also does the same thing now. I don't know if Iran and China don't allow their agents (or agents in training) to be able to access links ... but even when it is put in print for them to see they refuse to acknowledge the information and just keep on with the rhetoric propaganda.

And yes, just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you do doesn't make that person an 'agent'. BUT this is different. It's really more obvious. It's like China and Iran are new to the disinfo game on the internet or something ....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To add to post above for any country watching I will be a million times more subtle. I will take links and twist them to suit you needs just for you

Pay me and will defend Hitler himself

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

No there is no such thing happening, you are delusional.... but look at the squirrel over there.. its soft and furry... lets all focus on that squirrel. Nothing else to discuss here.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

crazyewok

Pay me and will defend Hitler himself

Can I pay you with stars?

Or does it have to be actual money?

I'd like to see that. LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Metallicus
Source

The source for this story is
N A T U R A L N E W S

"Shills exist," writes this anonymous ex-shill...

Sources for this article include:
youtube.com...

edit on 18-9-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Bragi
That is absolutely ludicrous...sorry, but no.

So there are people that don't believe there are people whose job it is to derail the truth? I am shocked... Kind of.

CNN caught deleting comments that speak the truth concerning certain " happening's "
Someone's being paid to go threw the comments to delete them. If you don't think they're not adding their own propaganda to the mix.... Then.... Wow!

With all the information thats out there I'm surprised anyone could be that gullable.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Completely manufactured story. People just want to believe this kind of crap.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Can I pay you with stars?

Or does it have to be actual money?

I'd like to see that. LOL

Hmmm a challenge eh?

Is there a place we can do this on ATS?

BTW I dont personaly support him or NAZI idealogy BUT take the challenge just to practice my discusion and critical anlaysis skills!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You people that don't believe in government payed trolls are drunk on kool-aid

and you, YOU other people that would actually do this job, you disgust me to no end.

Don't you know that the truth is priceless?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Jefferton
Completely manufactured story. People just want to believe this kind of crap.

And some people are in denial.

So what. It's Natural News. I don't care what the source is. Elvis's ghost could have whispered it to the OP for all I care. The information is either true, or it isn't. It's not like any of us have never heard this before. It isn't like we're surprised.

The funniest part about the whole shill issue is this. I have no doubt at all they hire people to do this. But at this point. Why bother? All they have to do is say they did, and voila! You have everyone calling each other shills and paid agents. At the very least, it makes everyone paranoid.

Mission Accomplished!

edit on 9/18/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Of course they are here at ATS, and can be very effective at derailing threads too. Some have specific agendas to push and others will attempt to keep discussion capped-off about events and situations that have many anomalies mixed into the truth of the occurrence. Other members will often rush in in their support if they can hit a note of sympathy or compassion.

It is often hard to tell which they are at times as there are many among us who will support the official story with a religious fervor, those who refuse to acknowledge there are factions within our governments and in spheres of influence who have nefarious agendas.

There are also just a great number of people who are authoritarian by nature and even if they silently accept that some things may not be as reported but it is done so for a valid reason and must be supported. Those of us who question authority or the official story are the actual and dangerous trolls in their eyes.

Too often unseasoned members will feed the trolls who wish nothing more than to derail, which by prolonged arguing of their points with them will achieve their purpose. It is often wisest to leave them alone and let them run out of steam while the main topics of discussion continue, but generally there is someone who will be sucked into their game and will soon be game over when the mods arrive.

Before opening a thread on a hot-button topic just make sure YOU have plenty of your own points to discuss so conversation does not all have to center around the diversionary tactics of a paid shill or loathsome do-right troll. When the thread is weakly introduced and the OP has no strongly valid points then the thread is toast and the agitator wins.

At times when the topic is of interest and under attack I will address the disruptor and if possible will tear a hole in their reasoning or acknowledge they have valid points which may prove true but are not 100% foolproof themselves and other anomalies need to be discussed. I won't engage with them further after that.

This is a conspiracy site and alternative viewpoints must be put forward. It is not up to us to come up with our own solution and dogma but to expose anomalies and then perhaps present possible alternatives for consideration, but there we must be cautious. Those alternatives are where we trip ourselves up by leaving our own arguments open to attack.

Yes, the trolls and paid shills are here! Some may be working for special interests while others are working under their own delusions. True reform may never take place in our world as there are too many who will stand in the way of free discussion and never allow true freedom from taking place. There will always be those who insist on blind obedience and acceptance of the official word.

edit on 18-9-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised at all and I am sure they do but, I don't think they would be/are very effective.

Even level-headed completely incontestable facts are regularly dismissed here (deny ignorance motto aside) so how can someone direct a conversation with misinformation? A well informed group of people will see right through it. If anything, it might result in provoking extensive research into a topic thus derailing any attempt to indoctrinate.

Also, state employees are necessarily not the most intelligent, creative or capable (that is why they are there instead of the private sector, think C students) at anything they do so what hope would they have?

If they just want to surveil, they don't need to participate.

They are everywhere, in our media, our schools and our bedrooms and they are losing the battle for our hearts and minds, are they not? I think they are our inadvertent allies in promoting awareness and suspicion.

Let them try and watch them fail. Up the republic!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
*raises hand... very very slowly..... then puts it back down*

I'm here to disrupt, disruption. De-sensationalize, sensationalist BS. Stand for what's truthful, and have a #ing sense of humor about it. ATS, may or may not be infiltrated by "shills" get over it. This isn't some secret organization, they are here with their own opinions just as any of us. It may be a "mainstream", or force fed opinion by your thoughts, but if they are willing to come here and try to hammer it down our throats they must believe in it(take religion for example. I can think of a few immediately that love to try and ram it down our throats.)

ATS is not serious business.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

greencmp

I wouldn't be surprised at all and I am sure they do but, I don't think they would be/are very effective.

I would agree with you for the most part. More often than not, they are ineffective. But those whose managers are patient, are quite often effective.

The military has a term called "Measures of Effectiveness" (MOE). Commanders always want to know what the MOE is of whatever campaign they are on. Civil Affairs and PSYOP are way outside of that realm. They don't see immediate results from their actions as whatever they do takes time and can be easily upset by the actions of one individual.

Anyone with experience in marketing and advertising can tell you that it takes time to achieve a MOE.

But like the Army. most people want to see a immediate result. That alone sets them up for failure.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bragi

This is not like a "secret" . The government of Israel goes to almost every university in Israel to recruit for online activities like this. Some get college credit, others get money....

Also entire command centers were set up under bush and Cheney to sell the Iraq war....also a HUGE venture with many thousands of people involved who have talked about it since.

You saying that is BS?

Ok......shill much?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
food for thought, could the denyers be the shills? I am sure they'll say no but what do you think?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Most of us here at ATS won't be surprised that paid Goverment shills target online forums

It would explain why there are so many conservative haters on a site that should mainly appeal to free-thinking, intellectual type people.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join