It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Sign / Notice Board - Scarborough UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ormuz
Maybe the owner of the pub is a low level proud mason...

While all are free to believe what they want, in masonry, the whole premise is that all masons meet "on the level" so there is no such thing as high and low level masons. Sure there are new masons, and old masons who have been around the block several times, but as far as equality, it's all the same.

On being made a master mason, one of the first things you are told is that you are as much of a mason as any man in the room, or any mason in the world.

We do have positions of authority like Master, grand master, and other titles, but they are merely titles and the positions are for one year intervals, so the guy who was the Most worshipful grand master this year, will be Bob from lodge #432 next year.

The secretary holds the true power. (they get to do almost everything nobody else wants to do)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
wow that is cheap booze even then

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

RAY1990
Loyalist Pub?

The Golden Last

Can't help but notice those cheap, CHEAP prices... That pub must be a hell hole or very popular.

Well done, its not Masonic, its symbolism of the Loyal Orange lodge. 1688 is indeed referring to the Glorious revolution and king william of orange. 1795 refers to the battle of the diamond and the formation of the orange order at loughgall.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
PS. NO surrender. For God and Ulster. LoL ( that's Loyal Orange Lodge) haha

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rycas

Thanks for the updates !

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

excelents
reply to post by Ormuz

Each Office in a Lodge is usually held for a year and then passed on, however there are circumstances that the Master can do two years if none of the other members of the Lodge have any objections.

oh OK that's fair enough,

The masons that i know are long time members, and i guess i forget that since they seem to hold the same rank or level for along time, i guess their good at what ever their doing.

Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Ormuz

It doesn't say disregard God at all. It says 'fear God'. There's a huge difference.

yeah your right,

That post was from my phone, testing this new layout of ATS. Its kind of hard to look at an external image and juggle a reply post at the same time, hence the vagueness.

Fitzgibbon
reply to post by Ormuz

masons in general are required to hold a belief in a higher being.

Supreme, not higher. [/niggle]

Fitz

Yes your right Fitz, i guess that's what i was trying to point out.

Muzz

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with being a proud Mason and advertising it. Same as having a bumper sticker or wearing a ring.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ormuz
The masons that i know are long time members, and i guess i forget that since they seem to hold the same rank or level for along time, i guess their good at what ever their doing.

Sometimes a Lodge will vote the same guy into office over and over again, whether by necessity or want is a different matter. I've been Worshipful Master for two Lodges...I may be Master again for my home Lodge this next year.

snowbeast1
There is nothing wrong with being a proud Mason and advertising it. Same as having a bumper sticker or wearing a ring.

Amen.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join