It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar "Most dangerous drug of the times"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I already knew that sugar is uber-steroids for cancer. I knew that sugar mimics the addictive effect of alcohol on the human body without the buzz. No one I tried to inform about it would believe me or at the very least, if they DID choose to take what I had said at face value, the would respond with: "At least there's aspartame."
These conversations usually ended in me walking away in disgust or a distinct "slapping" noise as I tried to bring them back to reality.
How much sugar is in YOUR diet.
If you HAD to...could possibly you give it up?
As humans we are hardwired to respond to three distinct flavors:

- Salt
- Greasy Food
- Sugar

They are all "bad" for the body in excess but sugar (regarded now like a drug) seems to "take the cake".
The Dutch want it labeled like tobacco!
When it boils right down to it, could you EVER consume any of those responsibly?
Could you ever give any of those up?
Perhaps you should reconsider sugar.
The Dutch are.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

-Peace & Respect-

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yeah, too much sugar is definitely unhealthy. So is too much of anything though.
Unfortunately you're a few days late on the thread. I'll S&F anyways so others can be aware.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

kimish
Yeah, too much sugar is definitely unhealthy. So is too much of anything though.
Unfortunately you're a few days late on the thread. I'll S&F anyways so others can be aware.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the mods see this message please delete this thread and appologies.
(Thank you for the head's up sir.)

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Neat idea=

Sugar Cane = Cane the Killer

Apple that keeps Doc away?
PIE root Abel.

Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have not had sugar in days as last week i had 3 cans of pop and a piece of chocolate cake before i went to bed(watching a film) and the next day i simply couldn't walk, talk,do sh*t it scared the hell out of me. I have learned my lesson with sugar. luckily for me i can put anything down and not pick it back up if its not good for me. so bye bye sugary foods and drinks...

Hope people can see how bad this is...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

coolcatt
I have not had sugar in days as last week i had 3 cans of pop and a piece of chocolate cake before i went to bed(watching a film) and the next day i simply couldn't walk, talk,do sh*t it scared the hell out of me. I have learned my lesson with sugar. luckily for me i can put anything down and not pick it back up if its not good for me. so bye bye sugary foods and drinks...

Hope people can see how bad this is...

My god... You have never had sugar before this one event and it almost killed you.

You should go to a doctor, that is serious. Sugar is such a dangerous drug that it will eat your skull right rom out inside your head, and you can develop brainitis from it, where your brain is exposed from when you are having nos skull remaining to hold it in place. It makes your head all wobbly.

You almost died man. from SUGAR! Far out, this is 100 cereal, you really should never drink pop ever again or eat chocolate cake before a movie in bed.

I know someone who died eating sugar. RIght up until he died, he said "If I don't make it, tell the world about sugar." and I never did. but after reading this, I'm going to start telling every

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Unfortunately it won't become illegal until people start free basing it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

kimish

Unfortunately it won't become illegal until people start free basing it.

It won't be covered under Obam-bamcare.

"You have private insurance? No? Goooood. Have you had a Coca-Cola today? Was it diet? Oooh, I'm sorry we can't treat you unless you drink Aspartame..."

-Peace-
edit on 18-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 18-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: More Typos

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I know...I am derailing my own thread with this but after seeing all the sloth avatars, I figured you of all people would get a kick outta this. I would lay odds that you've already seen it.

postarchives.entensity.net...

We now return to the derailed thread about to be deleted....

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I've seen them all. Morgan Freeman is a good one, too.

OT, Personally, I think sugar is getting a bad rep. I've said it before and I'll repeat, everything in moderation. Hell, we need water to survive but if you drink too much you can die from water intoxication. With all the junk foods and foods fortified with extra sugars, we just need to be weary and cautious about what we eat.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I have had sugar before just not a big fan of chocolate bars etc. But when i had this sugar rush the next morning it freaked me out.

I had to bring my sugar level down by walking all over the place that day.

never again will i be drinking cans of pop i looked the morning after and there was 35.g of sugar in one can of tango
105.g and i am guessing about 100.g in the cake thats a lot of sugar man!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The first step is not to make it available. That will never happen. Only because too many people consume it and if it were to completly stop, people would go belly up. They dont care what we eat..lol..they care that we spend our money.

I think raw sugar should only be for diabetes and given by a doctor. Thats just my opinion. Then again I think if we were to control that more closely, then the obisity in this country would drop big time. I think sugar is healthy, in the right doses.

Thats why I dont drink soda, I dont chew gum, ect.
But even in some foods that you think are healthy are actually bad for you and have sugar in them!
I think thats the way they want us.

Fat. Slow. Dumb. The good old FSD. There is a organization with the ACRO..lol.

Anyway, so now we are Fat, Slow, and now due to the recent tech. comming out dumb. We dont care what we eat now, we dont care where we are, how many rights are stripped away from us.

The new modo of this generation is this, "Who cares what our government does, oh hey did you see Mylie Cyrus? I want to be like her....".

I feel like we are trying to kick water up hill to get people interested in these issues. So if we got every celebrity to say "You know your gov. doesnt care about you and they take way your rights, here is the list...." Then and maybe then, if they can sift though the terrible music and stupid news of some royal baby being born, and wake the hell up something might get done.

I feel this generation is looking for some leadership and they even want to be apart of something bigger than they are. They just lack direction, and get caught up on all the dumb s#it that is pumped into their heads.

Its exausting.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

I see where you are going with the confused youth angle.
Does it strike you something like this?

KMFDM - Dogma

www.youtube.com...

(Check the lyrics)

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I don't think salt is bad for the body. We need salt daily to survive. I replaced sugar with natural pure honey. It's just as good and good for you. A lot more expensive though. But one tub will last you several months.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

spartacus699

I don't think salt is bad for the body. We need salt daily to survive. I replaced sugar with natural pure honey. It's just as good and good for you. A lot more expensive though. But one tub will last you several months.

True but anything in excess is bad for you and the current "addictive" culture only exasterbates the problem.
Too much salt...high blood pressure and hypertension.
Too much sugar...diabetes and obesity.
Too much grease...obesity and heart disorders.
I also substitute honey for sugar and since doing so have cut my overall intake DRAMATICALLY but not as much as when I replaced canola & GM corn oil with organic virgin coconut oil.
Whereas previously I used to go through a gallon of cooking oil in a month (for two people), I now only use about 414 ml every two monthes. It was a real game changer for me.
I never used to frequent restaurants as I had worked in too many of them and KNEW they are just not safe to eat at. The stories I could relate to you about what the staff do to the food would not only give some of you nightmares but be a severe T&C violation. Cutting greasy food from my diet barely registered as a blip on my radar. Of those three...I'd say the hardest to get a handle on was the sugar...at least in my case.
Thank you so much for your input sir.

-Peace be with you-

top topics

join