It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move over bikers...the BIG BOYS are coming!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As a british trucker I was vary aware of the character assassination job that was carried out on the british people concerning truckers.
Do you remember the prime time tv shows labeling british truckers as kiddy fiddlers?
Do you remember the prime time tv shows showing truckers eating meals while they were driving?

Governments know what power the truckers hold, that was the reason for the tv shows.

Dont let them do this in america!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Won't happen. They tried before and were threatened with tickets and/or arrest of everyone in a convoy near DC.

I'd think about trying to join in if they made it just about truck driver issues (which we have more than enough of), but drivers need to stay out of politics. Some of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard were two drivers going on about politics.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was thinking about shutting down in support until I read the part about removing all muslims from government that don't uphold the constitution. So if they're Christian it's ok?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is flawed on so many levels, I really do not possess the time, nor the inclination to pick it all apart.
Here are a few right off the top though.

angelchemuel

stock up on items that you will need.

Soooo, the same amount of money will be spent either way then???
Or am I missing something?

This one has to be my favorite though.

remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution.

I mean, really?
Did the person who wrote this even go back and proof read?
Why Muslims?
Why not.....ohhh....idunno.....remove ALL people in our government that do not uphold the constitution?!?!?!?

lol. Nahhh, if they're Christian then....I suppose we can overlook the ass raping of our constitution.
But GOD DAMN them Muslims! THey'd better not even think about it!!!

There’d be no food on the shelves, no fuel at our gas stations, and no medical supplies at our pharmacies and hospitals.

....and this seems like a good idea to you?
I mean, no medical supplies at the hospitals really seems like a good idea to you?
Of course it does, and for good reason.
You would need to be clinically insane to see this as a good idea.

edit on 19-9-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Wertdagf
reply to post by angelchemuel

So your saying there are going to be a lot of unemployed truckers and a bunch of fresh trucking positions available?

I wonder if when these protesters get fired and fined if they will also protest the use of government assistance and let themselves stave to death.

Im sure this will all be Obamas fault as well.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

No I am not saying that at all. I am in the UK and I pointed out the legislation in place over here which prevents our truckers going on strike. Somebody over your side of the pond very kindly explained what the 'legal' situation is over on your side.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

GeneralChaos
This is flawed on so many levels, I really do not possess the time, nor the inclination to pick it all apart.
Here are a few right off the top though.

angelchemuel

stock up on items that you will need.

Soooo, the same amount of money will be spent either way then???
Or am I missing something?

This one has to be my favorite though.

remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution.

I mean, really?
Did the person who wrote this even go back and proof read?
Why Muslims?
Why not.....ohhh....idunno.....remove ALL people in our government that do not uphold the constitution?!?!?!?

lol. Nahhh, if they're Christian then....I suppose we can overlook the ass raping of our constitution.
But GOD DAMN them Muslims! THey'd better not even think about it!!!

There’d be no food on the shelves, no fuel at our gas stations, and no medical supplies at our pharmacies and hospitals.

....and this seems like a good idea to you?
I mean, no medical supplies at the hospitals really seems like a good idea to you?
Of course it does, and for good reason.
You would need to be clinically insane to see this as a good idea.

edit on 19-9-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

Erm...I didn't say any of those things as your post seems to imply.
Just thought I would clarify.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Trucks Drivers. My dad was one. nice guy. He knew the trucking industry was done way, way back. I used to ride with him, luv'd bizzing down the back roads of New England.
He became a fire fighter and drove a truck part time on the side. We had a delivery at M.I.T. one time. He said "the folks that work here could build a truck that wouldn't need us, what'd ya think about that? I said what would all the truck drivers do? He said they'd have to get REAL jobs !
If the government were smart, they'd forget about self driving cars and concentrate on a self-driving freight network instead. After all, the easiest thing to replace in the truck is the driver !

Go ahead and strike truckers. Make an absolutely FUTILE gesture, and earn ire of the general public. Nice. My dad won't be rolling over in his grave, but if you stand quietly, you should be able to hear a chuckle or two !

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The government could easily perceive this as an act of financial terrorism.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Wertdagf
So your saying there are going to be a lot of unemployed truckers and a bunch of fresh trucking positions available?

Nah. It's an experience-based industry.

Employers couldn't care less if you have a license to drive them if you have no experience. You will simply cost them too much money. Experienced drivers with a clean driving record can get work anywhere.

That's how it is over here anyway. Couldn't see why it would be any different over there.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Zaphod58
I was thinking about shutting down in support until I read the part about removing all muslims from government that don't uphold the constitution. So if they're Christian it's ok?

Yeah.

Let's get rid of the muslims in government that won't uphold the constitution and leave all the non-muslims there who are hell bent on destroying it...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
1 year of experience in over-the-road (OTR). Grew up around the industry here in the US, living in the Crossroads of America. Interstates 80/90/94/294, with US 6/US 30/US 421, close by.

I remember when the price of diesel went to over $2.00 for a brief period of time back in the 1990's. I say brief, because the same day it happened, the price went back down to just over $1.00 around 12:30 pm. The reason: All the truckers pulled their rigs over for fifteen minutes at HIGH NOON that very day.

There is absolutely no way our court system would be able to prosecute. I say just shut the WHOLE SYSTEM DOWN for THREE DAYS!!! EVERY BODY STAY WHERE YOU ARE FOR THREE DAYS!!! System needs a REBOOT!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I don't think this will take place, but if it does I would be extremely impressed.

Let's see what actually happens.

And for the record I think we need more than 3 days to make a statement and have a significant effect.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
While a wonderful thought, it'll never happen an a scale large enough to matter. People in the developed world are too comfortable and too scared to jeopardize that comfort by rocking the boat, so I envision the majority of truckers on that day will keep on rolling while a brave few will put everything on the line to deliver a message that the mainstream media will ignore over the latest celebrity gossip, or the average Joe on the street doesn't want to hear.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join