It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move over bikers...the BIG BOYS are coming!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Funny really, but reading the thread about the bikers riding into DC, I thought about the movie Convoy. Anyhow, here come the truckers......

Convoy to D.C. – Truckers To Shut Down America in October

Mac Slavo
Activist Post

Last year the American Truckers Association prepared a report for Congress highlighting the susceptibility of the nation’s just-in-time delivery system, the majority of which is made possible by the transport and delivery of freight. In the event of a catastrophic disaster such as a war that drives fuel prices through the roof or even a natural disaster such as a solar flare that renders electronic trucks inoperable, there would be a “a swift and devastating impact on the food, healthcare, transportation, waste removal, retail, manufacturing, and financial sectors,” according to the report.

The backbone of commerce in the United States is the truck drivers who spend long hours on the road ensuring our very survival as a modern society.

But with fuel prices continuing to rise, wages dropping, jobs becoming harder to find, and rampant corruption in Washington D.C. furthering the country’s economic death spiral, America’s truck drivers, like the majority of our fellow citizens, are fed up.

Between October 11th and 13th they have called for a general strike, asking truck drivers around the country to refuse to haul freight, a move that could carry with it a significant impact on the American economy.

The protest calls for truckers to make their way to Washington D.C. in a massive convoy in an effort to call attention to, among other things, the Benghazi cover-up, the recent attack which killed 25 members of SEAL Team 6, ever rising fuel prices, and claims that President Obama has engaged in treasonous crimes.

Moreover, they’ve requested that the American people join them in solidarity by not shopping or engaging in any economic activity that benefits the government or their corporate interests.
The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!
[…]
Breaker 1 9 calling on all Trucker to shut America down for three days October 11-13. The American people are bleeding out with no relief in sight, It is time to change the NEWS. Let us show our elected officials that we are 100% fed up with corruption and the blatant disregard of the Constitution that they swore to defend.
Bob tail it hammer down to the bull$hit city with flags flying high.
[…]
My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America in a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th.
Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions. It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices. - Via: The Truckers to Shutdown America Facebook Page
The protest comes on the heels of a massive biker rally held in Washington D.C., and other grassroots efforts to hold the government to account for various Constitutional transgressions including everything from stripping Americans of their right to bear arms, to forced health care mandates soon to be implemented across the country (with exemptions for members of Congress and corporations with insider access, of course).

Calls of accountability have grown louder over the years from all political sides, starting most notably with the Tea Party movement and progressing to Occupy Wall Street.

The corruption and need for real change in America’s government has transcended political lines.

If the hundreds of thousands of truckers across America who keep our delivery systems running efficiently were to join together and stop hauling freight for even a week, the impact would be devastating and could not be ignored.

There’d be no food on the shelves, no fuel at our gas stations, and no medical supplies at our pharmacies and hospitals.

Congress and the President, who would like nothing more than to be perceived as our saviors and benefactors, would have no choice but to address the concerns of freight haulers, because the American people would feel the effects of the protest directly. And, chances are they’d be in the streets protesting themselves because of lack of access to essential goods they can’t live without.

We may often feel as if we, as individuals, have no power against the mighty United States government, but as Karl Denninger points out, we have much more power than we think.
If we get just 10% of America on board the entire game changes.
Especially when the business world — and government — realize that the next one is Black Friday weekend.
Just 10% of Americans can change the course of history, much like they did during the Revolutionary War.

Whether it happens in October, during Black Friday sales this November, or at some point in the future, this seemingly untenable situation is coming to a head.

Robert Kennedy may have said it best:
A revolution is coming — a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough — But a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character; we cannot alter its inevitability. - Robert Kennedy, Senate Floor, May 9, 1966
The snowball in America continues to roll down the hill, gaining speed and mass.

www.activistpost.com...

Unfortunately, we wont see this happen over here in the UK as the government made sure through legislation that striking would be an imprisonable offence. They have hammered the private haulier so much with costs and red tape, you don't see many private truckers on the roads anymore.....Stobarts have the government in their pockets for example.
Ah well.....will be interesting to see if the truckers get more support than the bikers did.

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 18-9-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Well here is an oppurtunity for US citizens reading this to make as many others as possible aware of the consumer aspect and let as many as possible know they can voice their dissatisfaction with the weekend long shopping "strike" and support those truckers.
Although your admin will propably find a way to stop the truckers going to DC,the consumer side of this could be effecive-there are no laws to force people to enter a store+purchase something,and no way around people choosing to refrain from supporting any business at any time.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It would appear that the ATA in the US have been building up to this and have put together well thought out arguments and facts, and added the general public concern over other issues.

Here in the UK, after the last fuel price protests, where truckers and the public alike were involved, our government brought in new legislation which basically outlawed any trucker striking let alone protesting. One trucker friend of mine said the only way around the legislation was for all truckers to simultaneously book holidays or 'go on the sick'.

I would suggest though that truckers world wide are a 'band of brothers', and much of the public need to be made more aware of how much our daily lives running smoothly rely on these guys 'n' gals.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Actually....the truckers could form a third political party in the US.....given all the 'subjects' they are covering. They are keeping it simple by highlighting the basic fundamental needs of the population. They are sorting the 'wheat from the chaff' (I'm being polite
)
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well, I just posted the link on facebook. It will be interesting how far it goes.
I remember the truckers' strike in England and sorry to hear they passed legislation to circumvent it happening again. I doubt anything will come of this in the U.S., but ya never know.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Don't forget the leader David Handley (chairman of Farmers for Action) of the last lorry strike now has a nice cushy job working for the Welsh assembly.

Looks like the government subdued him nicely.
So it is not just new laws that have stopped the lorry drivers going on strike, buying out the top leader worked as well.

I think the government (in very general terms) has things already thought out and pre-planned.

The difficult part is trying to find out what game the government are playing on the population.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Personally. I think they'd get more truckers to participate if it was a "Shut Down Where You Are" rather than spend all that money on fuel to got to Washington D.C. And citizens might be more inclined to support them.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

missvicky
Personally. I think they'd get more truckers to participate if it was a "Shut Down Where You Are" rather than spend all that money on fuel to got to Washington D.C. And citizens might be more inclined to support them.

Aha!...Now that's a good idea!....Truck broke down didn't it! And in the most inconvenient of places...like the side of the road!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

angelchemuel

missvicky

Aha!...Now that's a good idea!....Truck broke down didn't it! And in the most inconvenient of places...like the side of the road!
Rainbows
Jane

Love it!

edit on 18-9-2013 by missvicky because: sorry for the wierd smiley...I was trying to find the Winker

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

That's the way the peeps behind our government in the UK work though innit!

Always one or two steps ahead of us.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

There are plenty of ways of 'temporarily' immobilising a truck!

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 18-9-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I for one thank you for posting their intentions. If those dates are normal (honey we are out of gas and groceries) shopping days it makes sense to grab what you might need before the preplanned date...

I do not know any long haul truckers in my area so it will be interested to see if they pull this off. Diesel is one of the easiest petroleum products to make so there really is no reason for it's cost to be so high unless for taxes, or big cash cow, milk, milk, could be part of it, IMO.

The independent truckers who own their own rigs might be able to pull this off but 3 days without money coming in might really be a hardship with truck payments etc etc? Large Trucking company drivers unless the company supported the strike would probably be threatened with job loss.... Then you have to wonder what the D.C. boys will do to block or stop the trucks if they do anything?

One poster mentioned why drive to D.C. and waste the gas on deaf ears.... The poster does have a point for if the truckers shut down the deliveries of many or most basic products they will get everyone's attention... Maybe better (if allowed to be covered by msm) to have the big rigs rolling with film at 6....

Wrabbit used to do long haul stuff maybe he will drop by and give his two cents on this developing development/story?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Nobody pulling a perishable or time sensitive load will show up, it's covered in their contract, if they intentionally delay delivery causing perishables to spoil, or a time sensitive load to delivered late, they're responsible for it.

Until unfair contracts are disregarded en masse, nothing will change, because the entire thing everywhere is about unfair contracts.

Most businesses won't even do business with you until you agree to a contract to do business with them on a very narrow and not-so-fair contract or agreement or terms.

In an economic environment such as this, intentionally putting one's job in jeopardy is a pretty silly thing to do.

Everybody has to stop before anything will change, EVERYBODY. There are too many who are under the false impression they are doing "just fine" still, it has to get a lot worse.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
"Breaker 1 9 calling on all Trucker to shut America down for three days October 11-13. The American people are bleeding out with no relief in sight, It is time to change the NEWS. Let us show our elected officials that we are 100% fed up with corruption and the blatant disregard of the Constitution that they swore to defend. Bob tail it hammer down to the bull$hit city with flags flying high. "

I really think Obama backed off from Syria because people screamed NO rather loudly. 499 against to 1 for in phone calls and emails sent.

Of course we screamed HELL NO when it came to the bail-outs and we were threatened w/ congressional Martial Law...but that's another crime.

If " We the people" stick together... We can accomplish this!! Remember... When the Antz figured out there were more of them then the bad guys and they WORKED FOR THE GOOD TOGETHER... They won and stomped the bad guy out.

We have to work as a team. As a family. Let's finally take the " I " out of Washington and put " We" back!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ah, so they do have contractual law in place to stop the truckers. OK, this is going to get interesting at least.

But one thing I do agree with, the people have to start supporting each other and soon, otherwise things are going to get a whole lot worse to a point where no amount of unity is going to solve the rapidly amassing problems we are all facing.

A stitch in time........

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

missvicky

Great suggestion. Not only will they be saving fuel, they will divert the ire of the people because no one wants their traffic impeded by a TRUCK CONVOY. Even a couple hundred trucks could ruin someone's morning. Isn't DC a compact area with lots of traffic? Besides, the stores will use the strike as an excuse to raise prices and that will really upset people.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I hope the ATA gets there [& the people's] voice heard. I was wondering, does anybody else question weather or not our Government would provide a 'Bail-Out' fund for the ATA & major trucking company's? [should a financial disaster or such cripple the trucking industry in part or as a whole]

I hope that's on the 'radar'... But mabey there is not enough cas$h to put together a viable 'Contingency Plan' should our trucking system fail...

I think that the idea of spending money on Fuel to make the trip to D.C. is redundant, Why put money in there pocket? - Have to draw attention & public support I get that, & Questions have to be asked as Answers are needed...

So double edged as it all is, Change is required, we have to start somewhere It's best if we start by talking first.
What comes later depends on how well 'the talking' went,= Just a little history lesson for yall'...

edit on 18-9-2013 by SoulRelliK because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2013 by SoulRelliK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There are definitely pages and pages of this thing on the internet when you do a search. However, I wonder how many of those who work for big corporations will not engage - likely won't. Should be an interesting weekend.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Odd. When I did over the road, organizing a truckers strike was a violation of the RICO Act. This was due to the Just In Time system.

The Monday after will be interesting if this happens. Basically buy what you need for the next week before the weekend, because out will be out of stock until at least Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So your saying there are going to be a lot of unemployed truckers and a bunch of fresh trucking positions available?

I wonder if when these protesters get fired and fined if they will also protest the use of government assistance and let themselves stave to death.

Im sure this will all be Obamas fault as well.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join