It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think On This

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Thank you and thank you for stopping in.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

For me it means: even though people will try to convince you that there is so much wrong with the world, you could spend all day trying to make it better and never even make a dent... when in reality, every little thing you do truly does make a difference. Everything matters.

That's my take on it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Night Star

soficrow

Thank you. A lovely little story - and the right way to live I suspect. One question though. If we can't save all the starfish, how do we choose which ones to help? Should we pick the prettiest ones? The smartest? The strongest? The most sparkly? The ones we notice first? Or the ones we trip over?

...No, we cannot save the world, but if each of us helps a small part and sends our love and light into the world, it is better than not doing anything at all.

I really do agree with you and agree that it is an important message. I do try to live in kindness and be aware of the energy I send into the world. But so many are in so much need, and personally, my resources are limited. You seem to be saying that we should simply respond with love to those that come our way, ie., those we "trip over," and presumably stop when we're overwhelmed/depleted. In other words, we should trust the 'world order' to choose for us as evidenced by who's put in front of us. More specifically, we ought not to try and impose our own priorities and "choose" consciously. Is that what you mean?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

spartacus699
whats' the meaning behind it?

Many people do not think that they can make a difference in life when in reality, even the simplest of things can make a difference. Say instead of starfish, you are looking for a dog and instead of paying big bucks for a purebred, you go to a shelter. There is a dog schedualed to be put down, but because you chose that dog, he is now alive and has a home and someone to love him. Just by making that simple decision, you saved a life and made a huge difference in that life.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

new_here
reply to post by spartacus699

For me it means: even though people will try to convince you that there is so much wrong with the world, you could spend all day trying to make it better and never even make a dent... when in reality, every little thing you do truly does make a difference. Everything matters.

That's my take on it.

Absolutely! Good to see you little faery friend!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Likewise, Elven wonder!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

soficrow

Night Star

soficrow

Thank you. A lovely little story - and the right way to live I suspect. One question though. If we can't save all the starfish, how do we choose which ones to help? Should we pick the prettiest ones? The smartest? The strongest? The most sparkly? The ones we notice first? Or the ones we trip over?

...No, we cannot save the world, but if each of us helps a small part and sends our love and light into the world, it is better than not doing anything at all.

I really do agree with you and agree that it is an important message. I do try to live in kindness and be aware of the energy I send into the world. But so many are in so much need, and personally, my resources are limited. You seem to be saying that we should simply respond with love to those that come our way, ie., those we "trip over," and presumably stop when we're overwhelmed/depleted. In other words, we should trust the 'world order' to choose for us as evidenced by who's put in front of us. More specifically, we ought not to try and impose our own priorities and "choose" consciously. Is that what you mean?

Your choices are always your own to make. You can express your love and compassion to whomever you wish, wherever they may be.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

GeneralChaos
Barrrrf! Feel good stories always make me sick to my stomach.

That's quite an emotional reaction to have to something so simple.

it reminds me of kindergarten where we were too young and naive to understand
very simple and basic concepts so, we had to be told drivel like this in order to be able to
wrap our simple minds around such a simple concept.

Or perhaps such archetype stories are simple because the underlying nature of the most elegant aspects of life, love and reality are, in fact, very simple.

The complex version is the distortion.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Great answer!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join